1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '16 21:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Over the last year and in recent weeks, I have given you all the 'advice' I'm prepared to give you at this time. You can continue use to manipulate those Christians here who are willing to absorb your pretensions as pleas for help.
    You believe in something called the Godhead, which I think is different than the Trinity. Others believe in the Trinity, and others believe Jesus to be the human Son of God, with no allegations of divinity. Thank you for your 'advice', but the search doesn't end with your opinion. This goes back to the OP. Why are there different versions of Jesus....that's what I have been asking, and that's what others are posting about.

I do NOT believe in your Godhead theory, and before I use a 'label' such as Christianity, I want to know what it means....because a simple belief that Jesus existed falls well short of what I'm seeking.

I will continue asking questions until I am satisfied, and I could care less what you think about it, because my search is more than putting 15 different versions of Jesus on a dart board, releasing the dart and wherever it may land is the 'Christianity' I will live by.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 May '16 23:05
    Originally posted by chaney3
    You believe in something called the Godhead, which I think is different than the Trinity. Others believe in the Trinity, and others believe Jesus to be the human Son of God, with no allegations of divinity. Thank you for your 'advice', but the search doesn't end with your opinion. This goes back to the OP. Why are there different versions of Jesus....tha ...[text shortened]... a dart board, releasing the dart and wherever it may land is the 'Christianity' I will live by.
    So have you started reading the words of Jesus?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 May '16 23:41
    You believe in something called the Godhead, which I think is different than the Trinity. Others believe in the Trinity, and others believe Jesus to be the human Son of God, with no allegations of divinity. Thank you for your 'advice', but the search doesn't end with your opinion. This goes back to the OP. Why are there different versions of Jesus....tha ...[text shortened]... a dart board, releasing the dart and wherever it may land is the 'Christianity' I will live by.
    If you really are a "seeker", my question is, how will you know the truth when you hear it?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 May '16 23:431 edit
    Is believing that He really existed over 2,000 years ago enough? Or do we need to believe that He is the Son of God? Or do we need to believe that He is God?

Once we decide which 'belief' is necessary, what then do we do next? Is the belief alone satisfactory? Or do we need to follow up with Christ like works? And if along the way, we have doubts ab ...[text shortened]... ny conflicting opinions about this subject.

Mark 9:24 Lord I believe, but help my unbelief
    What do you do if we believe the building is on fire that we are in?
    Do we leave the building or go to bed?
    So if we believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God what than, do we continue as if nothing
    has happen or do we order our lives to follow Christ?
    When we decide to follow Christ do we get to make up our own rules on what that means
    or do we have to do what Christ says?

There will always be doubts, faith wouldn't be faith if that were not true.
    Is it all up to us to restore our relationship with God or does God play apart in that?

Is there something God requires of us and if so what could it be?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 May '16 02:03
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I don't think it requires much explanation, unless you insist that the Bible never contradicts itself. The gospels were written at least a generation after the events and a certain amount of confusion about the fate of Judas is to be expected. The writer of Matthew and the writer of Acts will have heard one or more versions of what happened to J ...[text shortened]... spend much time trying to find out exactly what happened, two of them didn't include it at all.
    Wow, you completely blow off nearly my entire post.

Obviously, you're full of your own opinion, much like you lean unto your own understanding of scripture. I tell you the opinion of most Bible commentators, and you don't even reference it in your reply at all and only restate your wrong idea yet again.

And you wonder why I compare you to Rajk, who believes that all Christians (except him, of course) are going to hell and therefore not worth conversing with other than to preach false doctrine to them.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '16 05:18
    You are completely welcome to ask as many questions as you like, I welcome them, I welcome your challenge to me and I welcome you personally in this forum. What I'm questioning, as I always have, are your motives.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '16 05:22
    You are completely welcome to ask as many questions as you like, I welcome them, I welcome your challenge to me and I welcome you personally in this forum. What I'm questioning, as I always have, are your motives.
    Thank you.
    I'm sorry to hear about your relative. Maybe you will have an opportunity, if available or wanted, to help with the 'saving'.
    Truly.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '16 05:262 edits
    I do NOT believe in your Godhead theory, and before I use a 'label' such as Christianity, I want to know what it means....because a simple belief that Jesus existed falls well short of what I'm seeking.

I will continue asking questions until I am satisfied, and I could care less what you think about it, because my search is more than putting 15 different ...[text shortened]... a dart board, releasing the dart and wherever it may land is the 'Christianity' I will live by.
    You have been given the answers you are looking for by several posters and you have trampled them.

God had made a promise: "seek and you will find", but it is a conditional promise "when you seek me with all your heart".

Jesus also said: "why do you seek the living amoung the dead?"

You may find people in this forum who are willing to help you, but you will not find what you claim you are looking for in this place. The answers you seek are found through reading the Bible, praying sincerely and offering "a contrite heart" to the Lord, which he has promised he will not reject.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '16 05:27
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What do you do if we believe the building is on fire that we are in?
    Do we leave the building or go to bed?
    So if we believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God what than, do we continue as if nothing
    has happen or do we order our lives to follow Christ?
    When we decide to follow Christ do we get to make up our own rules on what that means
    or do we have to d ...[text shortened]... oes God play apart in that?

Is there something God requires of us and if so what could it be?
    Thank you for the advice KellyJay.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '16 05:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    If you really are a "seeker", my question is, how will you know the truth when you hear it?
    This is a good question. My hope is that with the help of Jesus, that I will know. I think the answer comes from within.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '16 05:41
    You have been given the answers you are looking for by several posters and you have trampled them.

God had made a promise: "seek and you will find", but it is a conditional promise "when you seek me with all your heart".

Jesus also said: "why do you seek the living amoung the dead?"

You may find people in this forum who are willing to help yo ...[text shortened]... erely and offering "a contrite heart" to the Lord, which he has promised he will not reject.
    That is sound advice, and much appreciated. I'm impressed.
    I rarely see this side of you. Thanks.

I hope you didn't miss my post above.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '16 05:44
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    So have you started reading the words of Jesus?
    I must confess that I haven't......although, I have been reading sonship's thread.....so that must count?

I have been getting some sincere advice from everyone, and some big choices need to be made.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 May '16 11:25
    This is a good question. My hope is that with the help of Jesus, that I will know. I think the answer comes from within.
    It is only with the help of Jesus will you know the truth.

It's a question of authority chaney. The Truth is based in who's authority. Is the truth based on the authority of any of the posters in this thread, or anyone else's?

You, and I, and everyone else, needs to know that the truth is based in the authority of the author and embodiment of truth itself.

Get down to basic premises. Establish first things first in your mind. Things that you have absolute assurance of to be true. Fundamental and foundational truths.

Who's authority will you acknowledge in your heart and mind? Here is a gem of a couple of verses I first memorized that takes the weight off most of the confusion and befuddlement.

Proverbs 3:5&6
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

LORD is a transliteration for Jehovah of the Old Testament, who is the Jesus of the New Testament.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth. Hope it helps. 🙂
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 May '16 11:322 edits
    Thank you for the advice KellyJay.
    If God tells us to love and Him and each other and we find we now realize He is real there
    should be an impact upon our lives. If you believe you'll react as you know you should, if
    you don't well its on you.

The hard part is that there is no escape clause where God says love just those that love
    you, or love just those that love Him. I remember being called over by some friends to
    look at a video of a couple of ISIS fighters right before they were killed, and when it
    happen everyone cheered including me I'm sorry to say. When I walked away I felt the
    Lord remind me He died for them too. After that I no longer take any pleasure in the death
    of another because it isn't what they have done it is what Jesus has already done for
    them that really matters. Christ died for us at our very worse, for everyone's very worse
    and He should receive the reward of His suffering which is us turning to Him making Him
    Lord of our lives.

Also since Jesus is the Good Shepard, He has your back trust me! Even if you fall get
    back up and follow Him its a life not a moment that matters.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 May '16 12:30
    I think you'll find that the bible instructs you to learn from Ghost (of a Duke):

"But the Comforter, the Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree