What does Jesus want from us?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 May 16

Jesus wants to live on the earth AGAIN. This time He wants to live on the earth by Him actually living in those who believe in His resurrection and availability.

Let me say it again. Jesus wants from us to allow Him to live again at your office, in your place of work, at home, where ever you live and move and go about. Jesus wants to live in that place where people are by living in them as the Holy Spirit - the Spirit of Christ.

He lived on the earth once. He wants to live again on the earth in millions of people who receive Him in His form as the life giving Spirit.

"the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" ( 1 Cor. 15:45) [/b]

Paul pioneered in this and saw it plainly -

" For to me, to live is Christ ... " (Phil. 1:21).

This is not sentimental. This is actual. This is Christ living in Paul. This is Christ living in a blended way with Paul, incorporated into Paul's soul.

" I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself up for me." (Gal. 2:20)

This the AVAILABILITY of Jesus Christ to live in us today. He does not mean in a sentimental way. He means the Jesus is alive and available - unusual indeed, supernaturally, yes. But He terminates the old way of living and lives a united life in those who receive Him.

It is not longer I that live, it is Christ who lives in me.
I am too, in the process of learning to let Christ live again on the earth, this time in me.

This is the beginning of what Jesus wants from us.
This is what He wants. And it is possible and glorious. But it is designed so that it is hard to do alone. We need to be in love with fellow members of His mystical Body.

He wants this and is and will obtain it. God cannot be stopped.
We may cause Him a little temporary delay and a little trouble.
We cannot stop His will from being accomplished.

Sooner or latter everyone who believes into Jesus will be just like Jesus.
So ... Why not sooner rather than latter ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by sonship

Jesus wants to live on the earth AGAIN. This time He wants to live on the earth by Him actually living in those who believe in His resurrection and availability.

Let me say it again. Jesus wants from us to allow Him to live again at your office, in your place of work, at home, where ever you live and move and go ...[text shortened]... ne who believes into Jesus will be just like Jesus.
So ... Why not sooner rather than latter ?
Christ does NOT live in you because you say so.
The purpose of this thread was to establish what Jesus wants people to do so that He can live in them. Saying so does not make it so.
There are things to be done and this is clearly spelt out in the teachings of Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 May 16

What Christ wants from us?

First Christ wants us to receive Him into our heart.
The obstacle which stands in the way of this occurring is our sins. But He has made provision for the forgiveness of our sins.

Acknowledging the need for us to be forgiven by God and even thanking Him that that forgiveness is readily available in Jesus Christ is a first step in removing the obstacle.

God is eager to forgive. The parable of the Prodigal Son shows the father RUNNING to embrace the wayward son who is coming home. The sinner should read it to be encouraged at how eager God is to forgive.

Oh, hear the prodigal son finally come to himself while starving, dirty and being in company with the pigs.

" But when he came to himself, he said, How many of my father's hired servants abound in bread, but I am perishing here in famine!

I will rise up and go to my father, and I will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.

And he rose up and came to his own father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was moved with compassion, and he RAN and fell on his neck and kissed him affectionately. " (Luke 15:17-21)

See how eager the father was to receive back to his family and household the son ? The prodigal son was expecting to come back and do WORK as a hired servant. But he was received as a son. He was received in a life and family relationship and not as a hired employee.

Christ wants us to come to His Father as lost family members and not as returning hired employees ready to do work for wages. He wants us to meet the eager Father Who has been watching day and night for our coming to Him. He eagerly runs to meet us and embrace us with His love.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 May 16
2 edits

What Christ wants from us?

First Christ wants us to receive Him into our heart.
The obstacle which stands in the way of this occurring is our sins. But He has made provision for the forgiveness of our sins.

Acknowledging the need for us to be forgiven by God and even thanking Him that that forgiveness is readily available in Jesus Christ is a firs ...[text shortened]... ng day and night for our coming to Him. He eagerly runs to meet us and embrace us with His love.
There is more to it than that as Im sure you are fully aware. Here is what Jesus Christ himself said:

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (Matthew 22:37-40 KJV)

The proof that the believer has received Jesus into his heart is that be becomes a changed person and that new person follows the commandments of Christ. If Christ commandments are not followed then there is no change of heart and no new person.

If the prodigal son fell away into his old ways and left the fathers house and return to his worldly riotous lifestyle then that son would be barred from reentering the fathers house. This the Bible says over and over and over. But you choose to ignore that part of the Bible or worse, you fabricate ridiculous explanations to trivialize these dire warnings about going back to the vomit of sin.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 16
1 edit

The parable of the prodigal son is really rich. It does not, however, have to be called the parable of the Prodigal Son. It could also and has been called the parable of the Forgiving Father.

We could call it the Parable of the forgiving father too. We could call the parable of the jealous brother too.

In the parable, the other brother was offended at the prodigal son's welcoming party. He deemed that he had done so much work that he deserved the celebration for all his hard work.

" Now his older son was in the field, And as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing.

And calling to him one of the servants, he inquired what thee things might be. And he said to him, Your brother has come, and your father has slaughtered the fattened calf because he has received him back healthy.

But he became angry and was not willing to enter. And his father came out and entreated him. But he answered and said to his father, Behold, so may years I have been slaving for yu and have never neglected a command of yours, and you have never given me a goat that I might be merry with my friends;

But when this son of yours came, who devoured your living with harlots, you slaughtered for him the fattened calf.

And he said to him, Child, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. But we had to be merry and rejoice, because this brother of yours was dead and has come to life, and he was lost and has been found." (Luke 15:25-32)

Why was the older brother upset?
Why was the older brother bitter?

He was legal and disgusted with the LIFE relationship which was being celebrated. The other son was considered "dead" and had been made alive again.

The parable of the Prodigal Son is also the parable of the Forgiving Father whose son was made alive again. It is also the parable of the unhappy legalistic older brother sulking that HE was so legal and dutiful and was envious that such joy was not being celebrated for him instead.

It is very meaningful.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 May 16

The parable of the prodigal son is really rich. It does not, however, have to be called the parable of the Prodigal Son. It could also and has been called the parable of the Forgiving Father.

We could call it the Parable of the forgiving father too. We could call the parable of the jealous brother too.

In the parable, the other brother was offended at ...[text shortened]... nd was envious that such joy was not being celebrated for him instead.

It is very meaningful.
You would do well to consider other bible teachings on how when and if God forgives. It definitely not as simplistic as you make it out to be.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 May 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Christ does NOT live in you because you say so.
The purpose of this thread was to establish what Jesus wants people to do so that He can live in them. Saying so does not make it so.
There are things to be done and this is clearly spelt out in the teachings of Christ.
"Christ does NOT live in you because you say so. "

You don't believe Christ lives in those He saves?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 May 16

You would do well to consider other bible teachings on how when and if God forgives. It definitely not as simplistic as you make it out to be.
After having a few conversations with you, your point of view on who and how people are
saved seems very simplistic you don't even need to be a Christian in your opinion from what
I have gathered just do some good works.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 16
3 edits

Some years ago on this very Forum, I wrote a thread entitled something like - "Five Forms of Forgiveness".

In that thread I explained the different aspects of forgiveness in the Bible and especially in the New Testament..

At this time I am not writing on that subject. I am at this time writing about the parable of the Forgiving Father (or the Prodigal Son) in Luke 15.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
After having a few conversations with you, your point of view on who and how people are
saved seems very simplistic you don't even need to be a Christian in your opinion from what
I have gathered just do some good works.
Clearly you dont understand the meaning of the word simplistic. The word is derived from the word simple and simplistic means that a process which is complicated is reduced to a simple or trivial process and the person doing this removes many related processes.

Your version of what Christ requires of people is to believe in him with your mouth and you will be saved... that is simplistic because it requires only a few words and a few seconds.

Christ however said a whole lot more than that ie love God and love thy neighbour and this is a lifelong process... and far more complicated.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 16
9 edits

The parable of the Prodigal Son was told by Jesus for the sake of the self righteous Pharisees and scribes that were critical of Jesus.

The chapter begins -

"Now all the tax collectors and sinners were drawing near to Him to hear Him, (v1).

And both the Pharisees and the scribes murmured among themselves, saying, This man welcomes sinners and eats with them. (v.2)

And He told them a parable, saying ..." (v3)

What follows is actually three [edited] parables. They all have to do with God's salvation of lost sinners. And because we by nature are not unlike the self righteous Pharisees and scribes in our legalistic mentality, it behooves every Bible student to consider.

The first parable is about a shepherd leaving a hundred sheep who do not need rescuing in order to find ONE that has become lost. This counteracts the Pharisees and scribes' self righteous attitude.

"Which man of you, who has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?

And when he finds it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes into his house, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.

I tell you that in the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner repenting than over ninety-nine righteous persons who have no need of repentance." (Luke 15:4-7)

This first of four teachings as parables Jesus delivers in this chapter. He seeks in each parable to neutralize the murmuring of the self righteous religionists who despised the grace of God and trusted in themselves that they were already justified.

Jesus begins to tell them of greater joy in heaven because of one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine who think they have no need to repent.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 May 16

Christ lives in those who follow his commandments. Read what Christ says :

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:21-23 KJV)

Therefore:
- those who keeps the commandents of Christ are those that love Christ
- those that love Christ .. God & Christ will love them
- and he who keeps Christ's words God and Christ will make their abode with him

So your turn ... please quote the Bible where it says this : .. Christ lives in those He saves

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 16
2 edits

Jesus in Luke 15 first speaks a parable about the greater heavenly JOY over the one repenting sinner. This is verses 4 - 7.

After this parable Jesus speaks of two more parables which, if you are able to take it, refer to the operation of the Trinity in saving sinners.

Verses 8 - 10 is the parable of the woman sweeping her house in order to find a lost coin. This is a symbol of the Holy Spirit working in the heart of man to recover that precious relationship each man or woman should have with God.

Verses 11 -37 is a parable about the forgiving father seeking the return of the prodigal son. Prodigal means to waste riches in a careless way. The prodigal son asked for an early inheritance.

In essence he told his father to kind of "drop dead". Many sinners have seemingly told God to just go away and drop dead. We have a few atheists who are like this on the Forum.

They just want God to give them what is theirs and go off and die. Fortunately, some, after the initial party runs out, realize the poverty of their state and seek to come to the Father.

The first parable concerns the Son of God seeking a lost sheep, leaving 99 who have no need (or so they believe).

The second parable concerns the Holy Spirit depicted as a woman sweeping a room seeking a lost coin.

The third parable concerns the Father welcoming home to the family the prodigal son.

The whole Triune God is energized to bring human beings to Himself for full salvation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 16
1 edit

I would like to give some attention to your question to the legalistic Rajk999.

First - Christ lives in the Christian. And Christ is seeking to MORE live in the Christian.

So when Paul says that Christ make make His home in your hearts through faith, he means not only initial regeneration but an life long process of the Spirit of Christ migrating into chamber after chamber of a man's heart and soul.

" That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith." (Eph. 3:17)

There is no reason for any Christian to shrink back because of accusations of the legalistic religionist constantly murmuring against those whom Jesus has received.

He dwells in me. He needs to more and more dwell in me.
He lives in my innermost spirit. He must make His home, room after room, in all of my heart.

We absolutely facilitate this when we proclaim "Jesus LIVES in me." And Rajk999 is advocating spiritual self destruction by accusing people they have no right to say that Jesus is living in them "by faith".

Sure, we should have the initial RECIEVING of Jesus Christ. This first receiving of Him only needs to occur once in a man or woman's lifetime. And sometimes we may not be able to remember just when it occurred. But we know He came to us - period, sometime.

Then we open our hearts and invite Him to come into each part of our heart.
He makes His home in each additional room of our heart how? By FAITH He does so.

"That Christ may make His home in your hearts ... [through Rajk999's permission ?] "

No. It is not through the permission of Judaizers. It is by our proclaiming that we receive Him by faith into more and more of our being.

" That Christ may make His home in your hearts THROUGH FAITH "

In the heat of temptation we should recite - "Lord Jesus YOU are in my heart. Lord I am not alone. You Lord Jesus live in me."

Grace flows into our will. By faith He makes His home more in our hearts.

When our minds trouble us we may pray in faith -

1.) "Lord Jesus I receive You into my mind".

When our fickle emotions trouble us we may also pray -

2.) " Lord Jesus, into my emotions come. Come into my emotions and live. Thankyou Lord Jesus."

When our stubborn will bothers us and we find it difficult to go along with the Holy Spirit, we can also pray and proclaim.

3.) "No! I am NOT alone. Lord Jesus YOU live in my will. Lord Jesus I receive You into my decision making. Lord make Your home in THIS part of my heart today. Thankyou Lord Jesus. Thankyou You are so willing and so faithful."

We receive the Lord Jesus into each part of our hearts just as we initially received Him into our heart. We receive Him by faith and He comes because He is FAITHFUL .

The Apostle Paul said that as we initially received Christ Jesus as Lord we should continue to walk that way in Him.

" As therefore you have received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, walk in Him." (Col. 2:6)

I am only fellowshipping with you because I don't expect Rajk999 to listen to this.
As we received Christ into us, we cause Him to make His home more and more in our hearts in the same way, by faith. As we received Him, we continue a life long walk in Him.

Thankyou for reading along.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 May 16

Jesus in [b]Luke 15 first speaks a parable about the greater heavenly JOY over the one repenting sinner. This is verses 4 - 7.

After this parable Jesus speaks of two more parables which, if you are able to take it, refer to the operation of the Trinity in saving sinners.

Verses 8 - 10 is the parable of the woman sweeping her house i ...[text shortened]... l son.

The whole Triune God is energized to bring human beings to Himself for full salvation.[/b]
What utter fabricated nonsense.

Where did the bible say that the woman represents the Holy Spirit?

Where did the Bible say that the man searching for the sheep is the Son of God?