1. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '16 01:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    In your opinion or how you read scripture, when does one become right with God is it in
    this life time or only the next?
    You have to be right with God in this life in order to enter into the next life. And to be right with God in this life you have to keep the commandments of Christ. Here it is again:

Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    John 8:31 IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples indeed;
    John 8:51 .. IF a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
    John 14:15-16 IF ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
    John 15:10 IF ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
    John 15:14 Ye are my friends, IF ye do whatsoever I command you.
    Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 May '16 02:491 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You have to be right with God in this life in order to enter into the next life. And to be right with God in this life you have to keep the commandments of Christ. Here it is again:

John 8:51 .. IF a man keep my s ...[text shortened]... nter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    What's particularly striking is the number of people who clearly DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS.

You keep posting the same verses and they keep demonstrating that they not only do not believe Him, but vehemently so.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '16 05:08

John 8:51 .. IF a man keep my s ...[text shortened]... nter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    So you believe that at the moment in this life they are right with God, just trying to be
    very clear on the timing? This occurs before judgment day?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '16 11:36
    So you believe that at the moment in this life they are right with God, just trying to be
    very clear on the timing? This occurs before judgment day?
    Not too clear on your question. However judgement day was described in detail here:

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Matthew 25:31-46 KJV)

Those who lived according to the commandments of Jesus while they lived will get into the Kingdom of God when He returns.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '16 11:39
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What's particularly striking is the number of people who clearly DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS.

You keep posting the same verses and they keep demonstrating that they not only do not believe Him, but vehemently so.
    Yep .. some spend their lives trying to figure out how to get around the teachings of Christ, and how to argue against his doctrine. Yet they want Jesus to reward them with eternal life ... weird Christians indeed.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '16 12:21
    Not too clear on your question. However judgement day was described in detail here:

[i]When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And ...[text shortened]... to the commandments of Jesus while they lived will get into the Kingdom of God when He returns.
    Let me ask it this way, when they are right with God as the scripture you quoted says, from
    that point on!! Since they are right with God do they have to worry about judgment day?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '16 12:50
    Let me ask it this way, when they are right with God as the scripture you quoted says, from
    that point on!! Since they are right with God do they have to worry about judgment day?
    If they do not follow the commandments of Christ, then they should worry about judgment day.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '16 14:011 edit
    If they do not follow the commandments of Christ, then they should worry about judgment day.
    From that point on when they are right with God, are they going to be living with God?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '16 14:04
    From that point on when they are right with God, are they going to be living with God?
    That point? What exactly you mean by ;that point'?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '16 14:08
    That point? What exactly you mean by ;that point'?
    That point in time.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '16 14:46
    That point in time.
    ???
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '16 04:21
    ???
    Using your words under these conditions if someone is right with God, they are right with
    God in this life time? If someone meets these conditions on June 13, 2015 they are than
    right with God on June 13, 2015, and each day they live till they die as long as they
    remain in these conditions?

"Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    John 8:51 .. IF a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
    John 14:15-16 IF ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
    John 15:10 IF ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
    John 15:14 Ye are my friends, IF ye do whatsoever I command you.
    Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 May '16 11:05
    Using your words under these conditions if someone is right with God, they are right with
    God in this life time? If someone meets these conditions on June 13, 2015 they are than
    right with God on June 13, 2015, and each day they live till they die as long as they
    remain in these conditions?

"Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the command ...[text shortened]... l enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
    I dont understand your question? I dont think you do either otherwise you would have written it out clearly.
    However
    Following the commandments of Christ is the key to eternal life.
    When Christ returns he will judge and reward those who followed him.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '16 12:04
    I dont understand your question? I dont think you do either otherwise you would have written it out clearly.
    However
    Following the commandments of Christ is the key to eternal life.
    When Christ returns he will judge and reward those who followed him.
    When people become right with God in this life time, do they remain that way?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 May '16 12:09
    When people become right with God in this life time, do they remain that way?
    Are you asking me to predict what a man does?

Does the Bible predict what a man does?

When Christ returns he will judge people and what they do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree