Where do you put your Faith?

Where do you put your Faith?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
So do you believe only the red letters in your Bible are inspired by God? Or is the entire Bible divinely inspired? With 'legalism' I meant following man made laws of my church that weren't even written in the Bible. Of course I believe we should strive to follow the commands of Christ. But that is not what saves us. If it did, then his death on the cross is meaningless.
What is the relevance of your post? The whole Bible is inspired but the whole Bible is not required for eternal life. The words of Christ are both sufficient and necessary for eternal life .. let me know if you need supporting references for that. The commandments are not optional as you seem to think.

You seem to have a problem deciding who or what to believe because you still refer to churches, websites, what this one said and what the other one said. You need to grow up and mature in the teachings of Christ and then all these petty matters of who said what, will disappear.

You do not understand the purpose of the death of Christ.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
01 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
What is the relevance of your post? The whole Bible is inspired but the whole Bible is not required for eternal life. The words of Christ are both sufficient and necessary for eternal life .. let me know if you need supporting references for that. The commandments are not optional as you seem to think.

You seem to have a problem deciding who or what to ...[text shortened]... s of who said what, will disappear.

You do not understand the purpose of the death of Christ.
If you think only the words of Christ in the Bible are necessary for salvation, why were the rest of the words written? Can we can only be saved if we follow 100% of Christ's commands 100% of the time or is there some leeway for error? What do you think was the purpose of this death?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
01 Dec 16

I do not get my doctrine from websites or churches or pastors etc. I notice you do that. I also notice [like this thread] that you place your trust in churches and the teachings of men.

In the opening post you said [i]... follow the rules of my church and that my 'good works' and legalism could save me. Now I believe that even my best efforts cannot save ...[text shortened]... ic and other derogatory expressions. Its the safest and surest pathway into the Kingdom of God.
So in essence you are saying we are made righteous by our own efforts and ability to follow the commands of Christ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Dec 16
1 edit

If you think only the words of Christ in the Bible are necessary for salvation, why were the rest of the words written? Can we can only be saved if we follow 100% of Christ's commands 100% of the time or is there some leeway for error? What do you think was the purpose of this death?
The Bible says the words of Christ are eternal life. Christ is eternal life. What does it matter why the rest of the Bible was written? Why is that an issue?

I know the purpose of the death of Christ, which I explained several times.

I think at this point I will wish you luck, and respectfully decline to comment further.

F

Moves
01 Dec 16

It doesn't matter if you've explained something or answered a question, if he gets it into his head to ask the same question over and over and over again regardless, for weeks and weeks if he feels like it, then that's what he'll do.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
It doesn't matter if you've explained something or answered a question, if he gets it into his head to ask the same question over and over and over again regardless, for weeks and weeks if he feels like it, then that's what he'll do.
Yep .. he has the mentality of a 5 yr old.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
01 Dec 16
1 edit

The Bible says the words of Christ are eternal life. Christ is eternal life. What does it matter why the rest of the Bible was written? Why is that an issue?

I think at this point I will wish you luck, and respectfully decline to comment further.
The same Bible says that our righteous acts are like filthy rags. If by 'explained' you mean 'declined to answer' we are agreed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Dec 16

The same Bible says that our righteous acts are like filthy rags....
Ill speaking righteousness and glorifying sin and wickedness [the complete opposite to Jesus Christ] .. thats modern Christianity for you. No wonder it is full of corruption and evil.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
01 Dec 16

Ill speaking righteousness and glorifying sin and wickedness [the complete opposite to Jesus Christ] .. thats modern Christianity for you. No wonder it is full of corruption and evil.
When did I glorify sin and wickedness? You don't seem to realize that we are all sinners. Do you think 'good deeds' done from an unregenerate heart makes the sinner doing them any more righteous? It is totally different when the regenerate heart that is overflowing with the fruits of the spirit does good works because that is righteousness when Jesus does his good works through us with the leading of his spirit.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Dec 16

When did I glorify sin and wickedness? You don't seem to realize that we are all sinners. Do you think 'good deeds' done from an unregenerate heart makes the sinner doing them any more righteous? It is totally different when the regenerate heart that is overflowing with the fruits of the spirit does good works because that is righteousness when Jesus does his good works through us with the leading of his spirit.
Nothing you say is from the teachings of Christ. Absolutely nothing. If I am wrong please quote me anything Christ said that resembles what you said in the last few pages.

Im pretty sure you will be hardpressed to find such evidence as was the case with your claim that people go to heaven.

Seems to me that you are one seriously misguided soul, full of fasle doctrines and unChristlike teachings ... mostly because you have divorced Jesus from your doctrine.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
01 Dec 16

Nothing you say is from the teachings of Christ. Absolutely nothing. If I am wrong please quote me anything Christ said that resembles what you said in the last few pages.

Im pretty sure you will be hardpressed to find such evidence as was the case with your claim that people go to heaven.

Seems to me that you are one seriously misguided soul, full of ...[text shortened]... trines and unChristlike teachings ... mostly because you have divorced Jesus from your doctrine.
Would you accept a quote from one of the apostles? Or do the apostles in the Bible render unChristlike teachings?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Dec 16

Would you accept a quote from one of the apostles? Or do the apostles in the Bible render unChristlike teachings?
Your cherry-picking interpretation of the Apostles render unChristlike teachings.

I would be very worried if I were you.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
01 Dec 16

Your cherry-picking interpretation of the Apostles render unChristlike teachings.

I would be very worried if I were you.
Your faith is in your own righteousness and I should be worried? Ok.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Dec 16

Your faith is in your own righteousness and I should be worried? Ok.
Again everything you say has nothing to do with the teachings of Christ.

Did Jesus Christ say any such thing as ones faith is in their own righteousness? NO.

You should be worried.

Your faith is not in Christ but in the teachings of men

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
02 Dec 16
1 edit

Again everything you say has nothing to do with the teachings of Christ.

Did Jesus Christ say any such thing as ones faith is in their own righteousness? NO.

You should be worried.

Your faith is not in Christ but in the teachings of men
If the Bible is divinely inspired, (which you presumably agree) it means the words of Christ come from God as well as the words of the prophets and the apostles. So why do you only accept the words of Christ yet you ignore the words of the prophets and apostles? Or do you believe only the words coming out of the mouth of Christ are from God?