1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 17:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Hey Pudgenik, hope all is well with you.

Do you share the view of many Christians here that only Christians can do good works.
    Also does God only work through Christians and nobody else?
    No, I do not share in that view. God's love is all encompassing. If we are to believe that all are subject to the Laws of God. (which we are) Then all have the benefit of both giving as well as receiving. Also, we have to remember what it means to do "good works". It isn't what we ourselves do, but Christ working threw us. It can be said, a man who has no belief in Christ, can still have Christ work threw him. It isn't because of what the man/woman wants or needs, rather it is what God wants.
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 18:01
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    But Jesus says my sheep hear my voice, so are you saying unbelievers are 'sheep' and not 'goats', and they can hear the voice of Jesus? I think you have it wrong, those that hear his voice are believers not unbelievers. And Jesus never once said that those that do good works do it without faith. You are the one who made that up.
    understand that God does not live in the box we make for him
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 18:02
    Hey Pudgenik, hope all is well with you.

Do you share the view of many Christians here that only Christians can do good works.
    Also does God only work through Christians and nobody else?
    layed up with a broken ankle. And I love the snow too
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 18:411 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    No, I do not share in that view. God's love is all encompassing. If we are to believe that all are subject to the Laws of God. (which we are) Then all have the benefit of both giving as well as receiving. Also, we have to remember what it means to do "good works". It isn't what we ourselves do, but Christ working threw us. It can be said, a man who has no b ...[text shortened]... k threw him. It isn't because of what the man/woman wants or needs, rather it is what God wants.
    Agreed, but do you believe man can be saved purely by works without faith as Rajk is claiming?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 19:30
    Agreed, but do you believe man can be saved purely by works without faith as Rajk is claiming?
    Jesus can and will welcome into the Kingdom all who are worthy whether or not they know of Him.

The Good Samaritan knew nothing of Christ and yet he was the good compassionate caring person who picked up the helpless man. Those who claimed to know God and claimed to be religious just looked the other way.

The good will be welcomed into the Kingdom of God and the evil will be cast into the lake of fire, notwithstanding their claims to know Christ or to be saved.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 22:01
    I think that a man can have a certain amount of faith without really knowing that he has it. remember what Paul says, faith without love is like a gong clanging in the wind. Yet we also know that God is love. So a person who loves deeply, even that they be an Atheist, can have God in them, they just don't know it.

In the scripture, Jesus talks of the King of the judgement, some said "lord Lord, we cast out demons in your name" healed people in your name etc, yet the King said, away from me. And to the others, the King said come with me, and they responded, "what have we done. " and the King said "you fed the hungry, clothed the naked. when you did this for them you did it for me." So when I think ofpeople like "sonhouse" who do so many good things for others, I know I will see him in heaven, even thought he will argue the opposite
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 04:14
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I think that a man can have a certain amount of faith without really knowing that he has it. remember what Paul says, faith without love is like a gong clanging in the wind. Yet we also know that God is love. So a person who loves deeply, even that they be an Atheist, can have God in them, they just don't know it.

In the scripture, Jesus talks of the Ki ...[text shortened]... good things for others, I know I will see him in heaven, even thought he will argue the opposite
    Corinthians 13 refers to 'agape' which is Godly love and not 'human' love. So do you think the fact that you are a Christian and believe in Jesus is not necessary for salvation, and you could just as well be an atheist and be saved? So what is the point of being a Christian then?
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 04:15
    Jesus can and will welcome into the Kingdom all who are worthy whether or not they know of Him.

The Good Samaritan knew nothing of Christ and yet he was the good compassionate caring person who picked up the helpless man. Those who claimed to know God and claimed to be religious just looked the other way.

The good will be welcomed into the Kingdom of G ...[text shortened]... will be cast into the lake of fire, notwithstanding their claims to know Christ or to be saved.
    The good will be welcomed into the Kingdom of God and the evil will be cast into the lake of fire, notwithstanding their claims to know Christ or to be saved.

Where does the Bible say that the good Samaritan is welcomed into the Kingdom of God?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 09:30
    For many years I put my faith in my own efforts. I believed that the the only way I could be saved was to follow the rules of my church and that my 'good works' and legalism could save me. Now I believe that even my best efforts cannot save me. My only hope is to put my faith in what Jesus did for me on the cross.
    Weak...

What did this "effort" consist of, if you don't mind me asking?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Dec '16 09:33
    The only way to get into the Kingdom of God is to follow the rules of Jesus Christ,
    Weirdo!!

rules???

There are no established rules, only guidelines.
    Heck if finding god was just following basic rules then there would,be no problem
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 04:21
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Weak...

What did this "effort" consist of, if you don't mind me asking?
    Trying to be a good person, by keeping all the man-made laws around me, so that I could be accepted by the community in which I lived.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 11:40
    Trying to be a good person, by keeping all the man-made laws around me, so that I could be accepted by the community in which I lived.
    Nothing has changed then.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 12:44
    Nothing has changed then.
    You seem to know an awful lot about me.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 12:46
    You seem to know an awful lot about me.
    You tell people an awful lot about yourself.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 12:50
    You tell people an awful lot about yourself.
    About my past yes. But that is behind me now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree