1. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 10:411 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    If the Bible is divinely inspired, (which you presumably agree) it means the words of Christ come from God as well as the words of the prophets and the apostles. So why do you only accept the words of Christ yet you ignore the words of the prophets and apostles? Or do you believe only the words coming out of the mouth of Christ are from God?
    Because I believe Jesus Christ when he said this:

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. (Matthew 7:22-27 KJV)

And He said these things over and over. That
    - mouth worship is the road to damnation
    - that the wise are the followers of His commandments and they will get eternal life
    - that the foolish are those who ignore His teachings and they will be destroyed

Jesus has the words and teachings that give eternal life.
  2. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 13:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What is the relevance of your post? The whole Bible is inspired but the whole Bible is not required for eternal life. The words of Christ are both sufficient and necessary for eternal life .. let me know if you need supporting references for that. The commandments are not optional as you seem to think.

You seem to have a problem deciding who or what to ...[text shortened]... s of who said what, will disappear.

You do not understand the purpose of the death of Christ.
    agreed. the bible is what will last forever tho.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 13:17
    Originally posted by Andrew Kern
    agreed. the bible is what will last forever tho.
    Wrong. Where you do you jokers get this nonsense?
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:45

[i]Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of min ...[text shortened]... ings and they will be destroyed

Jesus has the words and teachings that give eternal life.[/b]
    So what Jesus said should not be interpreted with what the rest of the scriptures say?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:52
    So what Jesus said should not be interpreted with what the rest of the scriptures say?
    Good question to ask yourself.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 17:26
    Good question to ask yourself.
    I am asking you? Can't you answer me?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 18:18
    I am asking you? Can't you answer me?
    Not interested. If you are interested in your eternal life, I suggest you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 18:45
    Not interested. If you are interested in your eternal life, I suggest you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.
    Of course and ignore the insight that the spirit of God gave the apostles in interpreting those teachings and understanding them in light of the rest of the scriptures? Ignore the rest of the Bible is that what you are saying?
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 16:421 edit
    Do you think the apostles were only inspired by God only during the times when they wrote down the exact words spoken by Christ and not the rest of the time?
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 17:45
    Do you think the apostles were only inspired by God only during the times when they wrote down the exact words spoken by Christ and not the rest of the time?
    Where have you run off to Rajk?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 11:34
    Where have you run off to Rajk?
    Every adult tires of repeating themselves to 5 yr olds .. and the only option is the hide. .. so long.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Dec '16 11:56
    Every adult tires of repeating themselves to 5 yr olds .. and the only option is the hide. .. so long.
    Running off and hiding to avoid answering a question you have never been asked seems like quite the adult approach.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 16:151 edit
    For many years I put my faith in my own efforts. I believed that the the only way I could be saved was to follow the rules of my church and that my 'good works' and legalism could save me. Now I believe that even my best efforts cannot save me. My only hope is to put my faith in what Jesus did for me on the cross.
    We put our faith in Jesus, and then Jesus puts his faith in us. We confirm our faith in Christ by allowing Christ to work threw us. It isnt I who does the work. But Christ in me and threw me. It is God who is love, and in love comes the works.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 16:35
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    We put our faith in Jesus, and then Jesus puts his faith in us. We confirm our faith in Christ by allowing Christ to work threw us. It isnt I who does the work. But Christ in me and threw me. It is God who is love, and in love comes the works.
    Hey Pudgenik, hope all is well with you.

Do you share the view of many Christians here that only Christians can do good works.
    Also does God only work through Christians and nobody else?
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    12 Dec '16 17:511 edit

[i]Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of min ...[text shortened]... ings and they will be destroyed

Jesus has the words and teachings that give eternal life.[/b]
    But Jesus says my sheep hear my voice, so are you saying unbelievers are 'sheep' and not 'goats', and they can hear the voice of Jesus? I think you have it wrong, those that hear his voice are believers not unbelievers. And Jesus never once said that those that do good works do it without faith. You are the one who made that up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree