Who Owns Truth Anyway ?

Who Owns Truth Anyway ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Loath as I am to repeat myself, you are not talking about faith in your god, you're talking about faith in scripture which was written by men.
You are ignorant of the process of Inspiration of prophetic writings.
"Written by men" in no way precludes God could not inspire and direct the writing of Scripture.

rc

Moves
15 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Then you understand your weakness sir in saying you have read the Koran 'partially' and then comparing it unfavourably to a religious book you have read thoroughly?

What if a Muslim claimed to have read the bible 'partially' which in actuality meant he had only read the book of Leviticus, and then went on to generalise from it that the bible was sterile compared to the Koran? Would that be fair?
what monkey business is this?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by Rajk999,.,,
There are among the readers of this forum atheists whose heart is right with God, even though they claim lack of belief in God, because they naturally gravitate to doing what is right, and just and fair. You on the other hand are a complete failure as a Christian.
Rajk. Not stupid.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by apathist
Rajk. Not stupid.
Why, because he supports atheism? You'll notice that he does not practice it himself. He only bends his faith enough to include them in a possible "salvation" not supported by scripture. Nice "survival" tactic on a forum where most are not Christian. I notice his "Christians suck!" dogma attracts many who would otherwise attack most Christians.

Is this simply a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of thing?

F

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by sonship
I have seen no indication that avalanchethecat is ignorant of the claims you make about the process of inspiration of prophetic writings.

F

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
Why, because (Rakj999) supports atheism? You'll notice that he does not practice it himself. He only bends his faith enough to include them in a possible "salvation" not supported by scripture.
I have never seen Rakj999 "support atheism". He backs up what he says about Christian doctrine with references to scripture all the time. You're too busy playing the man rather than the ball to notice, it seems.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I have never seen Rakj999 "support atheism". He backs up what he says about Christian doctrine with references to scripture all the time. You're too busy playing the man rather than the ball to notice, it seems.
I have noticed that he claims that as long as people act in a way that approaches "God's Will" ("doing works", according to him), it does not matter if they believe in any God at all. He totally rejects the idea of Christians having any sort of "relationship" with Christ. He has often said how there are atheists who are more likely to see Heaven than some Christians. To him, the word "Christian" is an insult in and of itself. And he uses it that way. He claims that ALL Christians only have "mouth-worship", yet we haven't seen that he has any concept of what actual belief entails. He only tells us time and again what "his" belief entails ("following Christ"... we don't know, he strangely never gives any testimony of how he actually DOES this) and how it is "so different" than that of "Christians". He doesn't go one post without attacking Christians, in direct denial of Christ's commandment. And as my final evidence, magically here are YOU (someone who has made a career out of attacking Christians in this forum), defending him.

Perhaps you saw this, even though you failed to quote it (I don't wonder why): "I notice his "Christians suck!" dogma attracts many who would otherwise attack most Christians." And here you are.

Perhaps you are the one with your eye off the ball.

F

Moves
16 Apr 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
I have noticed that he claims that as long as people act in a way that approaches "God's Will" ("doing works", according to him), it does not matter if they believe in any God at all.

Perhaps it is true. He has attempted to back this idea with reference to scripture.

He totally rejects the idea of Christians having any sort of "relationship" with Christ.

You have put "relationship" in quotation marks but have not said why, so I can't comment. But I know that his Christian beliefs stress obeying Christ's commands. Is obeying Christ a relationship?

He has often said how there are atheists who are more likely to see Heaven than some Christians.

I have heard him argue this and he has provided scripture. You disagree with him, I get that, but I am not sure why you are so angry about it.

To him, the word "Christian" is an insult in and of itself. And he uses it that way.

I don't think this is true. I think he simply disagrees with some Christians about what the teachings of Christ are.

He claims that ALL Christians only have "mouth-worship"...

This simply is not true although I realize you might get some internet-gratification from saying it.

He claims that ALL Christians only have "mouth-worship", yet we haven't seen that he has any concept of what actual belief entails.

I think he talks about what being a Christian entails absolutely all the time.

He only tells us time and again what "his" belief entails ("following Christ"... we don't know, he strangely never gives any testimony of how he actually DOES this) and how it is "so different" than that of "Christians".

Well the discussion is about what the Bible says and what the correct doctrine is and not about the autobiographies of posters.

He doesn't go one post without attacking Christians, in direct denial of Christ's commandment.

He has disagreements with them, sure. You surely "attack" Christians too?

And as my final evidence, magically here are YOU (someone who has made a career out of attacking Christians in this forum), defending him.

What is it evidence of according to you?

Perhaps you are the one with your eye off the ball.

Not at all. I find "the ball" ~ i.e. the disputed imperatives for Christians surrounding faith and works ~ very interesting. Perhaps I have my eye on it more keenly than you do.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
16 Apr 17
1 edit

"Written by men" in no way precludes God could not inspire and direct the writing of Scripture.
Oh i'm not ignorant of it, i just thinks is smacks of BS. I wouldn't believe a guy if he told me he'd seen a unicorn either.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Apr 17

The subject of the doctrine of Inspiration of Scripture I have never discussed on this Forum. Just in case anyone wants to know where I discussed it.

In the years being here I never have discussed this subject in detail.

F

Moves
17 Apr 17

The subject of the doctrine of [b] Inspiration of Scripture I have never discussed on this Forum. Just in case anyone wants to know where I discussed it.

In the years being here I never have discussed this subject in detail.[/b]
Are you now claiming that you have never "in all your years being here" referred to or mentioned or discussed your belief that the scriptures were divinely inspired?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Apr 17
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
[b]I have noticed that he claims that as long as people act in a way that approaches "God's Will" ("doing works", according to him), it does not matter if they believe in any God at all.

Perhaps it is true. He has attempted to back this idea with reference to scripture.

He totally rejects the idea of Christians having any sort of "relationship" with ...[text shortened]... ounding faith and works ~ very interesting. Perhaps I have my eye on it more keenly than you do.
That woman is either an incredible dunce or a complete fool. Either way your effort to explain certain things to her is useless.

Strangely several other Christians will be in full agreement with her statements about what I have said. ..
like sonship KJ josephw luenammi.

And im sure several nonChristians will agree with your understanding of my beliefs.

Seems like Christians generally have poor reading comprehension skills.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 17

Oh i'm not ignorant of it, i just thinks is smacks of BS. I wouldn't believe a guy if he told me he'd seen a unicorn either.
No, I am pretty sure that you're also ignorant of what Inspiration of Scripture means, regardless of the unicorn matter.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
18 Apr 17

No, I am pretty sure that you're also ignorant of what Inspiration of Scripture means, regardless of the unicorn matter.
No, I am entirely conversant with the hypothesis. I'm just not as gullible as you evidently are. If you have anything other than unfounded assertions regarding my ignorance do feel free to share.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 17
1 edit

No, I am entirely conversant with the hypothesis. I'm just not as gullible as you evidently are. If you have anything other than unfounded assertions regarding my ignorance do feel free to share.
Say a brief word to me about the different schools in theology about the nature of Inspiration of the Bible.

Just give a brief description on the various positions among Christian scholars on Inspiration.

Of course this way no one can know if you quickly did some homework on the Internet before replying. But that's ok.