1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    10 Feb '20 18:02
    11 years ago today padger runs into the streets tears in his eyes.."its a boy"

Hes never been to Thailand since...or has he?
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Feb '20 18:13
    @padger said
    This is just a load of garbage pretending to mean something
    It doesn't
    ๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Here
    Moves
    11 Feb '20 06:28
    @roma45 said
    Really good question
    The clan points system is the best and fairest and really easy to understand.
    Compare it to football..win 1-0 or 6-0 you get 3 points..
    Win a clan challenge its the same..no matter if its by one game or a white wash...
    This great system was voted for by clan leaders..for its brilliance and really easy to understand..
    Anyone who has a problem probably ...[text shortened]... ...by sheer coincidence thats when the year end...see how easy the clan feature scoring system is...
    Having had a bit of time to consider this
    It still doesn't make sense
    If you follow this analogy to it's logical conclusion
    Each clan is allowed 20 members
    So if your clan won 5 - 1 then they should get 40 points following your system
    As the games in each challenge count more than the overall result why are they not taken into account ?
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    11 Feb '20 09:40
    @padger said
    As the games in each challenge count more than the overall result why are they not taken into account ?
    Okay a serious question at last.
    Its not my system. Its the system voted for by clan leaders.
    The 20 v 20 where 40 points are st stake..
    You run a clan..check out your challenges most are 1 v 1..even cฤบans at top struggle to get more than 5 v 5. Due the the 200 ratings buffer that had to be brought in to stop ..well no point in going on about collusion did not end well for those involved..
    Your idea where every game counts we had that years ago. Big campaign to get it changed it suited large clans who could win 20% of games but still be at top.
    The net points is quality versus quantity . Any team worthy of being champions in any competition MUST WIN MORE THAN THEY LOSE.
    The elo suggestion would not have worked
    Any bonus idea is too complicated for most on here. Plus extra cost for admin.
    I would get rid of the 200 barrier and have a separate player clan rating.
  5. Here
    Moves
    11 Feb '20 10:22
    @roma45 said
    Okay a serious question at last.
    Its not my system. Its the system voted for by clan leaders.
    The 20 v 20 where 40 points are st stake..
    You run a clan..check out your challenges most are 1 v 1..even cฤบans at top struggle to get more than 5 v 5. Due the the 200 ratings buffer that had to be brought in to stop ..well no point in going on about collusion did not end well for ...[text shortened]... us extra cost for admin.
    I would get rid of the 200 barrier and have a separate player clan rating.
    Just as I suspected it's a load of cobblers
    You will never convince me that the current system is to the benefit of everyone
    However I agree there should be a different Rating for Clan challenges and
    Tournament play
    Of course the Clan rating would have to include every game
    Which at the moment under the current system does not happen
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    11 Feb '20 10:36
    @padger said
    Just as I suspected it's a load of cobblers
    You will never convince me that the current system is to the benefit of everyone
    However I agree there should be a different Rating for Clan challenges and
    Tournament play
    Of course the Clan rating would have to include every game
    Which at the moment under the current system does not happen
    I am not interested in convincing you
    Send feedback or PM russ. He is the only person that can change anything.he has already said a separate clan rating cant be done.
    If you dont like it simply dont play..problem solved.
  7. Here
    Moves
    11 Feb '20 11:37
    @roma45 said
    I am not interested in convincing you
    Send feedback or PM russ. He is the only person that can change anything.he has already said a separate clan rating cant be done.
    If you dont like it simply dont play..problem solved.
    I carry on in the hope some of you clowns will realise what a load of rubbish it really is
    Some hope just about as much as ST JOHNSTONE ever winning anythiing
    Ha! Ha! Ha!
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    11 Feb '20 12:08
    @padger said
    I carry on in the hope some of you clowns will realise what a load of rubbish it really is
    Some hope just about as much as ST JOHNSTONE ever winning anythiing
    Ha! Ha! Ha!
    Good luck.but maybe get some others to support any idea you have that will improve things. About 100 clan leaders should do it. Should be easy if the system is so bad as you harp on about Just don't hold your breathe.
    Check st johnstone history before talking nonesense.
    Now i am away for a round of golf ...๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜..
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Feb '20 22:45
    @padger

Have you looked at the Clans lately? I don't think you will find very many 20 clan members anymore in every clan I believe there are a few on page one, us not being one of them.

I've be a Clan member since 2008 and don't recall being involved in a 20 vs 20 Clan Challenge. We played with 16 Clan members for the majority of 2019. There are not that many big Clan Challenges anymore.

I think we have the best Clan System the way points are allotted. Every team has a chance if they want to put the work and time into it. Doesn't matter how many are in the team, although I think having more is better. Then You have to look at one Lemon did with just himself. He put in a lot of hard work to get the points he got, too bad he had to go a little further, he was doing ok by himself.

We have worked very hard over the years in our Clan and were fortunate to have one of the Best Clan Leaders I've had the pleasure to play with. Our new Clan Leader will also be an exceptional Clan Leader. It boils down to having the right Clan Leaders and members in the Clan who are dedicated. I can honestly say of the 3 sites I play on and am on Teams in the other two sites, the Clan Metallica I now play on is the best group of people I've played with in going on 12 years.

I don't speak for Clan Metallica we have a Clan Leader who does a much better job than I could ever do when it comes to that. I just speak for myself and this is my own opinion not those of my clan members who may or may not agree with me on this.

-VR
  10. Here
    Moves
    12 Feb '20 09:43
    @very-rusty said
    @padger

Have you looked at the Clans lately? I don't think you will find very many 20 clan members anymore in every clan I believe there are a few on page one, us not being one of them.

I've be a Clan member since 2008 and don't recall being involved in a 20 vs 20 Clan Challenge. We played with 16 Clan members for the majority of 2019. There are not that many big Cla ...[text shortened]... this is my own opinion not those of my clan members who may or may not agree with me on this.

-VR
    Have you been on the pipe today ?
    Let me know when you have your next dream
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Feb '20 13:07
    @padger said
    Have you been on the pipe today ?
    Let me know when you have your next dream
    Very lame response from you as expected.

-VR
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Feb '20 16:40
    @padger said
    The size of the points awarded/deducted is not based on the size of the clan, but on the size of the challenge.
    And the games do contribute to the result. The overall result.
    The win/lose scoring concept is necessary, otherwise the clan scoring would just become the clan that sets the most challenges wins, irregardless of how many challenges that clan loses, like I stated in another post.

Also, there has been some suggestion to remove the 200 point rating difference edit. And perhaps also the 3 challenge in progress limit between any 2 clans.
    These parameters became necessary due to the unsavoury tactics in 2016.
    I think we should keep these limits to prevent any further occurrences.
    But perhaps minor adjustments can be made.
    For example 3 challenges can be increased to 4 or 5.
    The 200 point rating limit can be increased to 300.
    Russ has already done the coding, he just has to go in and change the numbers.
    I believe that every clan leader should be responsible for doing their homework and not always rely on a rating differential limit.
    In my brief experience as a clan leader, I’ve learned to do my homework.
    If an opposing clan leader sends me a challenge with an 1000 rated player in the mix, I check that player’s rating history.
    I shouldn’t have to rely on a 200 point rating limit.
    That limit was put in to prevent a reoccurrence of 2016.

Additionally, if some feel that the point deduction for a lost challenge is too harsh, perhaps the point deduction can be cut in half.
    For example, in a 10 player challenge, the winning clan is awarded 20 points, the losing clan is deducted 10 points.
    This might encourage larger challenges and possibly larger clans.
    Just food for thought. (Although my personal inclination is to leave that as it is)
  13. Here
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 07:31
    @mghrn55 said
    The size of the points awarded/deducted is not based on the size of the clan, but on the size of the challenge.
    And the games do contribute to the result. The overall result.
    The win/lose scoring concept is necessary, otherwise the clan scoring would just become the clan that sets the most challenges wins, irregardless of how many challenges that clan loses, like I stated i ...[text shortened]... y larger clans.
    Just food for thought. (Although my personal inclination is to leave that as it is)
    I do not see the reason for any deductions
    At the moment a winning clan gets double points against it's opposition
    Why ?
  14. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 09:251 edit
    @padger said
    I do not see the reason for any deductions
    At the moment a winning clan gets double points against it's opposition
    Why ?
    Same reason boris is PM
    Same reason we had brexit.
    There was a vote..the majority got the system they wanted.
    Hope that finally gets through your thick head.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 11:25
    @roma45

Different people have tried to explain to padger in their own way, he just doesn't get it.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree