felons preferred
    Interesting 🤔
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Nov '21 12:42
    @contenchess said
    ...said the guy who took over the Metallica Clan and failed 😏
    As clan leader, 2 clan championships under my belt.
    I believe only 1 clan leader has done better on this site.
    And in that context, considering who is number 1, being number 2 is pretty darn good. 😀
  7. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    18 Nov '21 13:51
    @mghrn55 said
    And in that context, considering who is number 1, being number 2 is pretty darn good. 😀
    My apologies.

I thought you took over the clan this year.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '21 15:08
    @mghrn55 said
    Keep in mind players are not in the clan who were in the clan when your ex-Clan Leader built the clan. It was actually him who built the clan not you, not taking anything away from you as someone has to put the challenges together. I think more important is the man who built the Clan. I believe there are only 1 or 2 members that are left from the Original Metallica Clan. I agree, you've done a good job, but I still think you get some coaching from your ex-Clan Leader from time to time. He is too modest to say anything. I have nothing to lose or gain by telling it like it is.

-VR
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Nov '21 16:43
    @very-rusty said
    Keep in mind players are not in the clan who were in the clan when your ex-Clan Leader built the clan. It was actually him who built the clan not you, not taking anything away from you as someone has to put the challenges together. I think more important is the man who built the Clan. I believe there are only 1 or 2 members that are left from the Original Metallica Clan. I ...[text shortened]... e. He is too modest to say anything. I have nothing to lose or gain by telling it like it is.

-VR
    I agree with much of what you said.
    I put out a compliment to the previous leader without mentioning his name. 😉
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '21 16:55
    @mghrn55 said
    I agree with much of what you said.
    I put out a compliment to the previous leader without mentioning his name. 😉
    Credit to you for doing so!

You had some very big shoes to fill for sure.

I just wanted it remembered who built the Clan, and we have lost some good players along the way, and I am not talking about myself. I could name them, but no need to go there.

-VR
  11. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    18 Nov '21 17:48
    @Very-Rusty out of interest do you know who created the clan as i can't remember
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '21 18:581 edit
    @wycombe-al said
    @Very-Rusty out of interest do you know who created the clan as i can't remember
    I don't recall who first started Metallica. I do know that shortcircuit built the clan with only 2 of the original members remaining I believe. Someone can correct me on this if they know more on it. I know I was recruited by shortcircuit after him trying to get me for close to 2 years, I just wasn't interested in clans at the time, now that is the reason I am on the site, and the forums can be good for a laugh at times. He also recruited Metallica's present Clan Leader. shortcircuit may be able to tell you who was before him if you P.M. him. I don't think he comes in here much anymore.

-VR
  13. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    18 Nov '21 19:35
    cheers, be interesting to find out and also if they are still active on this site, and i guess they were well into heavy metal! i almost joined many many years ago as i like the music but then realised it was just the old clan name and not a music based clan
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Nov '21 21:221 edit
    @very-rusty said
    I don't recall who first started Metallica. I do know that shortcircuit built the clan with only 2 of the original members remaining I believe. Someone can correct me on this if they know more on it. I know I was recruited by shortcircuit after him trying to get me for close to 2 years, I just wasn't interested in clans at the time, now that is the reason I am on the site, ...[text shortened]... to tell you who was before him if you P.M. him. I don't think he comes in here much anymore.

-VR
    I recall that I was approached by a member of Metallica usercode "adim" (name Adrian and a nice guy from Romania).
    Played him in some tournament games (he wiped the floor with me over about a dozen games. I managed a couple of draws against him, and I played really well in those games). Anyways, he asked if I would be interested in joining Metallica. And I accepted.
    I recall not knowing for the first couple of months that there was a clan forum. They must have thought I was anti-social. 😆
    Anyways, my 12th anniversary comes up in March 2022.
    Great clan, even if players come and go.
    Credit to shortcircuit for creating a culture of winning, competitiveness and solid team spirit.
    Privileged to carry the torch even if I stumble from time to time.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Nov '21 22:131 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    I recall that I was approached by a member of Metallica usercode "adim" (name Adrian and a nice guy from Romania).
    Played him in some tournament games (he wiped the floor with me over about a dozen games. I managed a couple of draws against him, and I played really well in those games). Anyways, he asked if I would be interested in joining Metallica. And I accepted.
    I recal ...[text shortened]... itiveness and solid team spirit.
    Privileged to carry the torch even if I stumble from time to time.
    You were voted in as that is the way it was done back then.

Adrian was one of the players I didn't mention when saying we lost many good players along the way.

If I remember correctly no one was against you joining and it was a unanimous Vote.

Make no mistake if the Clan Leader didn't want you, it wouldn't have happened.

That is why I say he built the Clan. Doesn't really matter who invited you. Still had to be Voted in and approved by the then Clan Leader who was shortcircuit.

FYI: I voted for you as you looked like a good person to try out!

There wasn't a lot said back then in the Clan forum, so you didn't really stand out as being anti-social.

Metallica is not the Power house they once were, and nothing to do with me! The past few years has been a battle and nothing to do with you either. More to do with players we have lost. You can replace the player that is easy, but the will to win has to be there.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree