Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 30 Jun '13 20:38 / 1 edit
    http://www.indcatholicnews.com/news.php?viewStory

Apparently a Syrian Catholic priest named Francois Murad was beheaded by the Syrian backed Obama rebels while yelling "Allahu Akbar!!", which means Allah is the greatest.

I have to admit, Allah is pretty cool. It makes me sad being a pathetic push over Christian. :'(

So how can we get these guys more weapons to overthrow Assad?
  2. 30 Jun '13 20:46
    Hey man, why you talking trash about Muslims. Don't you know that Muslims are just getting back at Christians and that Muslims have every right to kill Christians. Where do you get off being so judgemental? We've got years of oppression to make up for!

I'm amazed at how similar the leftists positions are when it comes to Muslims vs Christians and Blacks vs Whites.
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    30 Jun '13 20:49
    http://www.catholicfreepress.org/international/2013/06/27/syrian-priest-killed-during-rebel-attack-on-franciscan-convent/

A 49-year-old Syrian priest and hermit was killed June 23, apparently when a group of rebels attacked the Franciscan Convent of St. Anthony in Ghassanieh, a village in the north near the Turkish border.

Franciscan Father Pierbattista Pizzaballa, the head of the Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land, told Vatican Radio June 24 that Father Francois Murad was not a Franciscan, but had taken refuge in the convent when it became clear he was not safe at the Syriac Catholic hermitage he was building nearby.

Syriac Catholic Archbishop Jacques Behnan Hindo of Hassake-Nisibi told Fides, the news agency of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, that Father Murad “sent me several messages which showed he was aware of living in a dangerous situation and was willing to offer his life for peace in Syria and the world.”

It's probably not wise to be building churches in the middle of a warzone between Islamic powers. He dug his own grave. I respect him but that doesn't mean his death needs to be retaliated for by national governments.

Anyway I bet he was real mean to women in church. It's how those Christians are when they're trying to religiously take over an area. I read it in Timothy.
  4. 30 Jun '13 20:50
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Hey man, why you talking trash about Muslims. Don't you know that Muslims are just getting back at Christians and that Muslims have every right to kill Christians. Where do you get off being so judgemental? We've got years of oppression to make up for!

I'm amazed at how similar the leftists positions are when it comes to Muslims vs Christians and Blacks vs Whites.
    You are right, of course. In fact, I've often considered leaving these forums due to all the hate threads I start regarding Muslims.

I'm worse than Paula Deen. :'(
  5. 30 Jun '13 20:52
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [quote]http://www.catholicfreepress.org/international/2013/06/27/syrian-priest-killed-during-rebel-attack-on-franciscan-convent/

A 49-year-old Syrian priest and hermit was killed June 23, apparently when a group of rebels attacked the Franciscan Convent of St. Anthony in Ghassanieh, a village in the north near the Turkish border.

Franciscan Fath ...[text shortened]... Christians are when they're trying to religiously take over an area. I read it in Timothy.
    Yes, he deserved it.

I mean, building a church in an Islamic country?

What a buffoon.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    30 Jun '13 20:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes, he deserved it.

I mean, building a church in an Islamic country?

What a buffoon.
    He chose to be a martyr. It's how Abrahamics do things. Muslims are the same way.
  7. 30 Jun '13 21:01
    He chose to be a martyr. It's how Abrahamics do things. Muslims are the same way.
    You see, he chose to get killed. It's all his fault!

As I said, leftists have a strange way of looking at things.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    30 Jun '13 21:05
    You see, he chose to get killed. It's all his fault!

As I said, leftists have a strange way of looking at things.
    I'm an atheist and I find aggressive Christians obnoxious. However, like I said, I respect this man.

I would understand if Christians chose to take personal offense to this and might feel a need to respond, but I don't, and I don't want my government being used for that sort of thing.
  9. 30 Jun '13 21:10
    I'm an atheist and I find aggressive Christians obnoxious. However, like I said, I respect this man.

I would understand if Christians chose to take personal offense to this and might feel a need to respond, but I don't, and I don't want my government being used for that sort of thing.
    Why did you feel the need to say that you are an atheist?

I would understand why people in general would take personal offense for what happened, since we are arming these people.

I suppose you believe that only Jews should take offense at what the Nazis did during WWII.

As I said, liberals have a strange way of thinking.
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    30 Jun '13 21:17

I would understand why people in general would take personal offense for what happened, since we are arming these people.

I suppose you believe that only Jews should take offense at what the Nazis did during WWII.

Are we arming them? Last I heard we gave them only food and bandages.
    Whether or not the US is arming these people is irrelevant. Did they kill this priest with anti tank rockets? No. They took his head off with something like a machete. They don't need us to get machetes.

Your comparison with what happened to Ashkenazi in the early 20th century in Germany is unworthy of response.
  11. 30 Jun '13 21:22
    Are we arming them? Last I heard we gave them only food and bandages.
    Whether or not the US is arming these people is irrelevant. Did they kill this priest with anti tank rockets? No. They took his head off with something like a machete. They don't need us to get machetes.

Your comparison with what happened to Ashkenazi in the early 20th century in Germany is unworthy of response.
    We are just feeding the people and giving them means to survive so that they can kill innocents.

Are their bodies weapons? What use is the machete without the hand that wields it?
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    30 Jun '13 21:24
    We are just feeding the people and giving them means to survive so that they can kill innocents.

Are their bodies weapons? What use is the machete without the hand that wields it?
    Starving people become desperate and then they are more likely to kill innocents.
  13. 30 Jun '13 21:26
    Starving people become desperate and then they are more likely to kill innocents.
    Wow, you are really a piece of work. But then I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Liberals are masters of enabling people when they do evil things. They are only doing evil because...

Personal responsiblity means nothing to lefties.
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    30 Jun '13 21:28
    Wow, you are really a piece of work. But then I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Liberals are masters of enabling people when they do evil things. They are only doing evil because...

Personal responsiblity means nothing to lefties.
    So I'm personally responsible for what happened over there now?
  15. 30 Jun '13 23:02

For the liberal, we are groups of races and religions that define us. It is an us verses them mentality.