Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 02:372 edits
    https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2016/01/21/justice-department-1-5-women-sexually-assaulted-college

According to the DOJ, about 1 in 5 women at Universities all across the US are sexually assaulted.

Does anyone care or do they only care when a conservative like Kavanaugh has been accused of sexual assault, only after being nominated for the Supreme Court?

Should American parents send their daughters to such brothels?

Is the promise of a better economic life worth it?

And why is it that centers of American Progressivism is so sexually deviant and violent?
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 08:22
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2016/01/21/justice-department-1-5-women-sexually-assaulted-college

According to the DOJ, about 1 in 5 women at Universities all across the US are sexually assaulted.

Does anyone care or do they only care when a conservative like Kavanaugh has been accused of sexual assault, only after being nominated for the S ...[text shortened]... it?

And why is it that centers of American Progressivism is so sexually deviant and violent?
    Does anyone care or do they only care when a conservative like Kavanaugh has been accused of sexual assault, only after being nominated for the Supreme Court?

This is a stupid question, of course they care, Kavanaugh or not.

Another stupid question. Universities are not brothels, and you know it.

Is the promise of a better economic life worth it?

This is the only intelligent question you've asked here. Sky high tuitions and other costs are making college a problematic situation. You might have also thought to ask why Universities in Europe can offer basically the same education at a tiny fraction of the cost of those here (but that would involve you removing your nose from Donald Trump's backside!)

What centers are those?? And why do you always conveniently forget to mention the long and distinguished list of Conservative lawmakers that have been caught in extramarital affairs, gay and lesbian relationships, and sex with minors, not to mention the larger list of GOP lawmakers that have not yet been caught??

Typical Whodey. He only sees one side of the ledger. ONLY one side.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 10:24
    Originally posted by @mchill

This is a stupid question, of course they care, Kavanaugh or not.

Another stupid question. Universities are not brothels, and ...[text shortened]... ve not yet been caught??

Typical Whodey. He only sees one side of the ledger. ONLY one side.
    You prove my point.

Your only outrage is Trump, coupled by a GOP Congressman who had sexually assaulted minors, and was subsequently voted down by the people.

You care nothing about what is happening to girls around the country.

They entire me too movement was created by the Left to be a political weapon against the GOP, and nothing more.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 14:46
    You prove my point.

Your only outrage is Trump, coupled by a GOP Congressman who had sexually assaulted minors, and was subsequently voted down by the people.

They entire me too movement was created by the Left to be a political weapon against the GOP, and nothing more.
    "They entire me too movement was created by the Left to be a political weapon against the GOP, and nothing more."

"You care nothing about what is happening to girls around the country."

Your two comments seem at odds with each other.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 15:27

Does anyone care or do they only care when a conservative like Kavanaugh has been accused of sexual assault, only after being nominated for the S ...[text shortened]... it?

Have you considered the possibility that a large number of women are sexually assaulted also outside university campuses?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 15:30
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Have you considered the possibility that a large number of women are sexually assaulted also outside university campuses?
    We could speculate all day if you like

Care to comment on the research I presented?
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 16:12
    You prove my point.

Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Al Franken and Kevin Spacey were all liberals taken down by by the Me Too movement.

You're completely wrong about yet another topic.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 16:221 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Al Franken and Kevin Spacey were all liberals taken down by by the Me Too movement.

You're completely wrong about yet another topic.
    They were all thrown under the bus to empower the movement to oust Trump.

People like Spacey, Cosby, Weinerstein, they had abused people for decades with impunity.

Then with Trump in office, all of a sudden it's a problem?

Really?

in fact, I'm sure you voted for Bill and Hillary, and they are the poster children for abusing and belittling women who accused them of abuse.

Very telling.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 16:39

People like Spacey, Cosby, Weinerstein, they had abused people for decades with impunity.

Really?

in fact, I'm sure you voted for Bill and Hillary, and they are the poster children for abusing and belittling women who accused them of abuse.

Very telling.
    Me Too as it is now didn't start with Trump; it started with Cosby.

You're wrong again.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 19:313 edits

One statistic proves nothing. It’s floating in a vacuum.

Do you have any evidence that the rate of sexual abuse is significantly higher in universities than in, for example, the military, the Catholic priesthood, prisons, patchwork families (e.g., stepfathers abusing stepdaughters), or the film industry (how many more Weinsteins are out there keeping a lower profile?)? In short, do you have any evidence that the incidence of sexual abuse has anything at all to do with political orientation (progressive, conservative, or otherwise)?

You didn’t think this through at all, as usual. Just a knee-jerk reaction to a sound-bit (not even a sound-byte).
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 08:58

Really?

Very telling.
    You really are a cynical piece of crap, aren't you?

If you're going to play "What about....?", then what about Trump himself, one of the worst sexual abusers in the entire history of presidential campaigns?

But what he did was "okay" for you, wasn't it?

Thank God we have influential women who are standing up as role models for young women.

The time is now. If not now, then when? People like you would rather have it NEVER.
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 08:06

So what are you arguing for? That women should not go to university in case they're sexually assaulted?
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 17:53
    Originally posted by @deepthought to Whodey
    So what are you arguing for? That women should not go to university in case they're sexually assaulted?
    If I recall correctly, Finnegan described Whodey as a member of the 'American Taliban'.
    In Afghanistan, the Taliban (or some members) argued that girls should not attend school
    because that would expose them to increased risk of sexual harassment or assault.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 21:40
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    Just pointing out that concern over sexual assault by Progs is a lie.

They just want to use the Metoomovement to come after their political rivals, much like they are not much concerned about blacks in cities like Chicago who die from shootings much more than other places.

But hey, Chicago is a Dim paradise, so no one cares.

I also saw this gem of an article

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/student-debt-forcing-millennials-delay-life-milestones-154831862.html

Kids are graduating college in record numbers with massive debt.

Too bad these kids all graduate college without being taught so much as to balance their check books.

And they call this education.

Not to worry though, at least they know that global warming is the cause of all their problems and not the massive debt they are given after they graduate.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    If I recall correctly, Finnegan described Whodey as a member of the 'American Taliban'.
    In Afghanistan, the Taliban (or some members) argued that girls should not attend school
    because that would expose them to increased risk of sexual harassment or assault.
    I thought you said I was a Nazi.

Damn it, make up your mind!

Or are you saying that Muslims are Nazis.

Hmmm. May have a point there Duchy.