Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 03 Aug '16 16:20
    It must be satisfying for President Obama to call out the republican leadership over Trump. "How long can you guys keep saying that his remarks are not representative of your party and continue to endorse him".
    Obama must be having a ball with this, and I hope he keeps it up and makes it personal.
    "Hey, Paul Ryan, You're doing a helluva job; what's more important to you: the republican party or the United States, Paul?"
    "Hey Mitch, how ya doing? I know you don't like black presidents, so how's that Trump thing working out for you? Solid!"
    In the meantime, the donald - that magnificent ego without a clue, will withdraw from the race before Election day rather than suffer the beating he's otherwise going to get. He'll have watched the Nixon escape; he'll wave from the door of a trump helicopter, flash us a "V" for victory and tell us the system was rigged.
  2. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    03 Aug '16 16:29
    Originally posted by stevemcc
    It must be satisfying for President Obama to call out the republican leadership over Trump. "How long can you guys keep saying that his remarks are not representative of your party and continue to endorse him".
    Obama must be having a ball with this, and I hope he keeps it up and makes it personal.
    "Hey, Paul Ryan, You're doing a helluva job; what's more i ...[text shortened]... om the door of a trump helicopter, flash us a "V" for victory and tell us the system was rigged.
    I was wondering who would be the nominee if he split. Same with Clinton, what if the email controversy caused her to leave also, who would be the Dem choice then?
  3. 03 Aug '16 18:47 / 3 edits
    "Hey, Paul Ryan, You're doing a helluva job; what's more i ...[text shortened]... om the door of a trump helicopter, flash us a "V" for victory and tell us the system was rigged.
    If you are counting Mr. Trump out now you are seriously underestimating him

Here is whats been tried against Mr. Trump

Lawsuits against Trump University - FAIL
    Attacking his use of Bankruptcy - FAIL
    Comments about his daughter - FAIL
    Publishing revealing images of his wife Melania - FAIL
    Accusations of plagiarism - FAIL
    His military record - FAIL
    Prefers people who are not captured by the Vietcong - FAIL
    Attempts to explain his boorish behavior through psychological conjecture - FAIL

and last but not least a truly desperate attempt to vilify him over a crying baby????

EPIC FAIL! and complete desperation on the part of the Democrats. This media bias will backfire on them for sure.
  4. 03 Aug '16 19:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I was wondering who would be the nominee if he split. Same with Clinton, what if the email controversy caused her to leave also, who would be the Dem choice then?
    I think the GOP bench is much deeper then the Dems.
  5. 03 Aug '16 19:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

His military record ...[text shortened]... plete desperation on the part of the Democrats. This media bias will backfire on them for sure.
    Just so I'm clear I'll repeat it for you. You can quote it back to me later if you want.
    The man's transparently in over his head. He's apt to lose bigger than McGovern. Eventually this will seep into his brain. He won't be able to bear it and he'll withdraw.

If he's around on Election day, then I'm underestimating him. Not before.
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    03 Aug '16 19:30

His military record ...[text shortened]... plete desperation on the part of the Democrats. This media bias will backfire on them for sure.
    So you are pushing for utter chaos in a Trump presidency. Great. Just what we need, another narcisstic megamalaniac sociopathic assshole with the attention span of a turkey.

Yessir, just what we need.
  7. 03 Aug '16 19:36
    So you are pushing for utter chaos in a Trump presidency. Great. Just what we need, another narcisstic megamalaniac sociopathic assshole with the attention span of a turkey.

Yessir, just what we need.
    You've convinced me. Trump doesn't get my vote, but my aversion to Hillary Clinton is even worse. Can we vote for "none of the above"?

"narcisstic megamalaniac sociopathic assshole with the attention span of a turkey."
    Was this reference to Hillary? If so, it is an insult to all turkeys.
  8. 03 Aug '16 19:36
    clinton will never leave.
  9. 03 Aug '16 19:37
    paul ryan would win against clinton
  10. 03 Aug '16 19:43
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    paul ryan would win against clinton
    Ryan seems a squeaky clean safe suggestion, without much of a following. Good guy but no name recognition outside of his State.
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    03 Aug '16 19:45
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Ryan seems a squeaky clean safe suggestion, without much of a following. Good guy but no name recognition outside of his State.
    He might not even survive his House primary.
  12. 03 Aug '16 19:47
    Just so I'm clear I'll repeat it for you. You can quote it back to me later if you want.
    The man's transparently in over his head. He's apt to lose bigger than McGovern. Eventually this will seep into his brain. He won't be able to bear it and he'll withdraw.

If he's around on Election day, then I'm underestimating him. Not before.
    yeah the sixteen Republicans he defeated to gain the candidacy thought the same thing and he defeated them ALL. Ouch!
  13. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    03 Aug '16 19:47 / 2 edits
    President Obama makes a valid point here about the Republican leadership, but I very much doubt Donald Trump will quit. Win or lose, Mr. Trump loves being in front of a camera, and enjoy's the attention. Frankly I think Mr. Trump will see this election through to the end, he'll lose, then go happily back to Trump Tower to run his business, and leave the GOP to pick up the broken crockery after another disappointing general election.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    03 Aug '16 19:50

You continually ignore that most voters aren't Republicans and while he may have survived their primary contests, he needs to win over large number of Independents (probably a significant majority as Democrats outnumber Republicans) to win. His favorability rating among Indies was terrible to begin with and if you think it's going to get better because the media is accurately reporting his borderline crazy and politically suicidal comments, you are deluded.

I mused a month or so ago he might drop out if he was trailing significantly in September and still think that is a possibility. Some folks at the Fiscal Times agree with me: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/08/02/Here-s-What-Happens-If-Trump-Decides-Quit
  15. 03 Aug '16 20:56 / 5 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You continually ignore that most voters aren't Republicans and while he may have survived their primary contests, he needs to win over large number of Independents (probably a significant majority as Democrats outnumber Republicans) to win. His favorability rating among Indies was terrible to begin with and if you think it's going to get better because t ...[text shortened]... gree with me: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/08/02/Here-s-What-Happens-If-Trump-Decides-Quit
    is accurately reporting his borderline crazy and politically suicidal comments

wow you been sucking up too much CNN! I could count ten different attempted psychological diagnosis that has been attributed to Mr Trump in an attempt to vilify and discredit him and you think that people will buy that kind of quackery as legit? You are even echoing the cookie cutter, echo chamber gelding Clinton media machine yourself by claiming that he is borderline insane, its truly devoid and desperate. Who are these gullible fools that buy into this quackery? tell them I have a bridge for sale, in Brooklyn!