Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 16:08
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Well, it's very hard to demonstrate a quid pro quo, since this sort of thing usually isn't documented, for obvious reasons. There are a few concrete examples though, such as trademarks being granted to Ivanka's business, and the recent ZTE deal wherein Trump received a substantial amount of money.
    Trump was personally paid a large sum of money to try (and thus far fail) to mitigate penalties levied against ZTE?

Tell me more. Is there a source?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 17:15
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Trump was personally paid a large sum of money to try (and thus far fail) to mitigate penalties levied against ZTE?

Tell me more. Is there a source?
    Sure, here is a source from the biased fake liberal mainstream media:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/15/news/companies/trump-organization-indonesia-china-project/index.html
  3. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 17:18
    Originally posted by @whodey
    So what should be done?

According to the looney left:

1. Impeachment
    2. Behead Trump
    3. Give Trump's 13 year old child over to pedophiles to be raped and killed.

These folks are insane. No wonder a Bernie Sanders lunatic tried to assassinate the entire GOP Congress. They are all so full of hate and violence.
    You know what's REALLY insane?

Somebody's fixation on sex and children.
  4. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 17:34
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    You know what's REALLY insane?

Somebody's fixation on sex and children.
    Like the liberals' obsession with Stormy Daniels and the young hispanic pawns?

I know, right?

😛
  5. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 17:381 edit
    "Ladies and gentleman... without further adieu... let's give a round of applause and welcome the hottest new band on the pop charts! Please welcome.... Stormy Daniels and the Young Hispanic Prawns!!" [crowd goes nuts]
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 20:10
    So what should be done?

According to the looney left:

1. Impeachment
    2. Behead Trump
    3. Give Trump's 13 year old child over to pedophiles to be raped and killed.

These folks are insane. No wonder a Bernie Sanders lunatic tried to assassinate the entire GOP Congress. They are all so full of hate and violence.
    What’s the looney left?

I’m generally considered extreme left, and I don’t want Trump removed at all.
    But then again, I can’t wait for the capitalist beast which is the US economic empire to sag through its abusive legs and die in a pool of its own faeces.

If I was an American I would be rather worried about how this administration is damaging the country and its international position on the short and long terms.
  7. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '18 20:35
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    What’s the looney left?

I’m generally considered extreme left, and I don’t want Trump removed at all.
    But then again, I can’t wait for the capitalist beast which is the US economic empire to sag through its abusive legs and die in a pool of its own faeces.

If I was an American I would be rather worried about how this administration is damaging the country and its international position on the short and long terms.
    Gonna be honest, the USA has (for better or for worse, probably worse) a significant number of people who favor isolationism. Pat Buchanan (an avowed isolationist) ran for president way back and still has a large following.

Actually, not unlike you, many Americans are just sick of dealing with the problems and demands of other countries. The money-hungry capitalists of course would never truly support backing completely out of the global market, but I bet there are a lot of people that would like to see what would happen. Just cut the rest of the world off, support ourselves, and see if we can force the hand of the other countries and get a better "deal." This touches on Trump's popularity. Give the rest of the world the middle finger and make them consider what life would be like without bloated, lazy American consumers depending on their products.

Anyway, I don't take offense at you wanting America to collapse because I empathize with Americans who feel the same way about everyone else.

Me, I'm in the middle on this.
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 02:59
    Gonna be honest, the USA has (for better or for worse, probably worse) a significant number of people who favor isolationism. Pat Buchanan (an avowed isolationist) ran for president way back and still has a large following.

Actually, not unlike you, many Americans are just sick of dealing with the problems and demands of other countries. The money-h ...[text shortened]... hize with Americans who feel the same way about everyone else.

The problem’s the same as the whole Brexit thing though.

The rest of the world is there.
    And the majority of laws negatively affecting Americans come from Washington and what the internal lobby groups there demand.

And they sure as hell don’t want an expensive labour force or healthy food for a cheap price.
  9. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 03:03
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    The problem’s the same as the whole Brexit thing though.

The rest of the world is there.
    And the majority of laws negatively affecting Americans come from Washington and what the internal lobby groups there demand.

And they sure as hell don’t want an expensive labour force or healthy food for a cheap price.
    Aye [raises a frothy mug]
  10. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 01:541 edit
    While I agree with doing that, what business interests are affecting Trump's presidential decisions? All presidents in the past have had business interests--so things like tax cuts shouldn't apply. What unique presidential decisions have uniquely benefited Trump's business interests? Serious question.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/world/americas/trump-panama-hotel-dispute.html
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 02:08
    Any day now.................................................
    LOL
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 02:10

Actually, not unlike you, many Americans are just sick of dealing with the problems and demands of other countries. The money-h ...[text shortened]... hize with Americans who feel the same way about everyone else.

when did wanting a fair deal become isolationism?