Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    29 May '17 22:221 edit
    For years, Conservatives have attacked the media, claiming they are biased and unfair. Trump has gone as far as saying the media is "the enemy of the people" Before this goes much further there are 2 things Conservatives had better think about:

    1. Conservatives didn't seem to have a problem with the media when they published endless stories about Bill Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky, Bill Clinton't impeachment, Hillary Clinton's emails, the death panels, and grannies being wheeled into the streets to die that the affordable care act was supposed to produce, and countless other stories that worked to Conservatives political advantage (and let's not forget the endless stories about that Kenyan born Muslim in the White House that was not a REAL American!)

    2. The alternative? If America does not have a free press as the framers of our constitution demanded, then we have state run media just like in Russia and North Korea, where the truth is what the state tells you it is, and ONLY what the state tells you it is.

    So think about this conservatives before you start blaming the media for all of your problems!
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    29 May '17 22:37
    You need to report for clue issue.

    How many years ago was Monica and Bill, what next? Luke and Laura?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35854
    29 May '17 23:31
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You need to report for clue issue.

    How many years ago was Monica and Bill, what next? Luke and Laura?
    What about Hillary and the emails?? Yet you ignore Trump and family in bed with the Russians. You guys never did have a nose for real news.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    29 May '17 23:41
    Originally posted by mchill
    For years, Conservatives have attacked the media, claiming they are biased and unfair. Trump has gone as far as saying the media is "the enemy of the people" Before this goes much further there are 2 things Conservatives had better think about:

    1. Conservatives didn't seem to have a problem with the media when they published endless stories about Bill Clin ...[text shortened]...
    So think about this conservatives before you start blaming the media for all of your problems!
    We've had a state-run media for decades.
    Congress finally started wising up back in the mid-70's asking pertinent questions of our so-called intelligence community whether or not they'd been manipulating the media.
    Straight to special sessions with that line of questioning.
    Back in the 70's it was already too late.

    We are major league f***ed.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    30 May '17 01:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What about Hillary and the emails?? Yet you ignore Trump and family in bed with the Russians. You guys never did have a nose for real news.
    What about Hillay going unpunished for releassing classified material? That is a good question.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35854
    30 May '17 01:47
    Originally posted by Eladar
    What about Hillay going unpunished for releassing classified material? That is a good question.
    It's a horrible question because there is zero evidence that ANY classified material was 'compromised' by Hillary. And yet we have proof that Trump blabbed classified info DIRECTLY to the Russians. If you're going to throw a hissy over release of 'classified' info, why not focus on ACTUAL instances of it happening, instead of your embarassing "Lock her up!" fantasies. As I said, you guys wouldn't know real news if it bit you in the butt, which is exactly what it's now done, but you can't believe it because Fox News ignores the story.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    30 May '17 14:162 edits
    What I find interesting is the seemingly utter disregard for the media with the election of Trump. Even with the media giving Hillary the debate questions she could not win.

    What's next I wonder.

    They did this to themselves
  8. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    30 May '17 14:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    What I find interesting is the seemingly utter disregard for the media with the election of Trump. Even with the media giving Hillary the debate questions she could not win.

    What's next I wonder.

    They did this to themselves
    Trump's election is the result of, rather than an event despite of, a decades-long propaganda campaign assisted by popular media outlets. This campaign has been markedly more influential than the single primary debate question Clinton was informed of during the campaign.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    30 May '17 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Trump's election is the result of, rather than an event despite of, a decades-long propaganda campaign assisted by popular media outlets. This campaign has been markedly more influential than the single primary debate question Clinton was informed of during the campaign.
    At least Hillary still leads Donald in the polls according to your news sources.

    He still has no chance next election either.
  10. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    31 May '17 18:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    At least Hillary still leads Donald in the polls according to your news sources.

    He still has no chance next election either.
    "My news sources" reported that Hillary Clinton had a small lead in the polls prior to the election.

    A candidate with a small lead in the polls losing the election is about as remarkable as you parroting a fake news story.
Back to Top