26 Mar '20 09:56
    I’ll await both of your apologies.

For a long time no doubt.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 09:59
    @divegeester said
    You seem to be unreasonably upset for some reason.

Perhaps you have a “cure for the common cold” in your country??
    You are comparing the common cold with the coronavirus. A condition for which rest and drinking a warm tea is enough of a cure with a virus that destroys your lungs and can leave you open to a ton of other vaccines. That is what's idiotic.

But by all means, keep saying that "the common cold doesn't have a cure either, relax". It makes you sound smart.
  3. Shav’s kitchen
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:02
    @zahlanzi said
    You are comparing the common cold with the coronavirus. A condition for which rest and drinking a warm tea is enough of a cure with a virus that destroys your lungs and can leave you open to a ton of other vaccines. That is what's idiotic.

But by all means, keep saying that "the common cold doesn't have a cure either, relax". It makes you sound smart.
    Oh I see your “cure” for the common cold is a “warm cup of tea”.

Please say that again so we can all hear you make an utter fool of yourself.
  4. Shav’s kitchen
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:041 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    You are comparing the common cold with the coronavirus.
    Both are viruses. Flu is a virus.

There are NO cures for viruses other than the human immune system.

I shall continue in hope to get an apology from yourself and wolfgang59.
  5. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:06
    @zahlanzi said
    You are comparing the common cold with the coronavirus.
    The common cold is a coronavirus.
  6. Shav’s kitchen
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:06
    @zahlanzi said
    Oh please say this again too. Please.
  7. Shav’s kitchen
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:10
    @zahlanzi said
    If your immune system didn’t recognise the common cold virus it would kill you.

And no amount of “warms cups of tea” would save you.
  8. Shav’s kitchen
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:11
    RHP Forum Gold
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:15
    @divegeester said
    I’m talking about your utterly ridiculous reaction to my saying that the “cure” for CV was the human immune system. And telling me I should look up the definition or meaning of “cure”

Well either the human immune system is the only remedy if you like., or it isn't classed as a cure. Make your mind up.

But I take on board your objection to my use of cure and have th ...[text shortened]... and survivors have some kind of magic spell, or there is this a cure called the human immune system?
    "Well either the human immune system is the only remedy if you like., or it isn't classed as a cure. Make your mind up. "
    False dilemma, there aren't the only possibilities.

"But I take on board your objection to my use of cure and have therefore, based on your objection, pointed out to you that there is in fact no “cure” for the common cold nor the flu. Other than the human immune system."
    Except i took issue with you comparing the common cold and its "lack of a cure" (because bed rest and drinking fluids is enough) with a virus that puts people in the hospital and some into the ground. Hope my position on your (still) idiotic statement has been clarified.
    As for the flu, we have vaccines and we have drugs. We know how to deal with it. So far, whenever it has mutated, we have been able to develop a vaccine. There is no vaccine for covid, maybe not for another year.

"So which is it: there is “no cure” for the CV and survivors have some kind of magic spell,or there is this a cure called the human immune system?"
    A cure is not "do nothing and maybe it will fix itself because it worked with a much lesser disease". You are now effectively saying that just like you can just leave a paper cut to heal by itself, so can you leave a gunshot wound alone because there are many people who recovered on their own.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:19
    @divegeester said
    If your immune system didn’t recognise the common cold virus it would kill you.

And no amount of “warms cups of tea” would save you.
    You alleviate the symptoms with the tea. You don't treat the common cold because it isn't needed. The symptoms are your immune system fighting it off. There is no actual need for a cure.
    Is that in any way relevant to a virus that kills people or leaves permanent pulmonary damage? A virus that puts people in hospitals, that is so contagious that i can overwhelm the system, thus creating a cascading effect?

Are you seriously insisting on sticking to this analogy? Do you think you can come out of this as anything more than a pedantic ass ?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:201 edit
    @divegeester said
    Both are viruses. Flu is a virus.

There are NO cures for viruses other than the human immune system.

I shall continue in hope to get an apology from yourself and wolfgang59.
    oh yeah, you are in fact going for the pedantic ass image.

Vaccines aren't a thing either, it's still just the human immune system.
  12. Shav’s kitchen
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:20
    @zahlanzi said. You are now effectively saying that just like you can just leave a paper cut to heal by itself, so can you leave a gunshot wound alone because there are many people who recovered on their own.
    You desperately need to educate yourself on the structure and behaviour of viruses and how human immune system works.

You could do with a glance over a self-help book on humility too.
  13. Shav’s kitchen
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:231 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    That is not my intention; but I’m certainly not going for the uneducated, ill-informed, mouthy internet warrior image.
  14. Shav’s kitchen
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 10:25
    @zahlanzi said

Vaccines aren't a thing either, it's still just the human immune system.
    There is no cure for the common cold.

Look it up and educated yourself and stop being silly.