Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 28 Mar '10 12:49
    For all you peace loving lefties out there, I just thought you might like a reminder of the death count from the wars over seas. It concerns me that no one talks about it anymore now that "W" is out of office. Since Obama has taken the reigns, the death count of American soldiers stands at 157. Granted, the count is falling as the troops slowly move out but the death count in Afgahnistan seems to be rising. To date, about 1029 troops have been killed in Afgahnistan.

Peace.
  2. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    28 Mar '10 13:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    For all you peace loving lefties out there, I just thought you might like a reminder of the death count from the wars over seas. It concerns me that no one talks about it anymore now that "W" is out of office. Since Obama has taken the reigns, the death count of American soldiers stands at 157. Granted, the count is falling as the troops slowly move out bu ...[text shortened]... tan seems to be rising. To date, about 1029 troops have been killed in Afgahnistan.

Peace.
    There would have been no war in the first place if not for Bush.
  3. 28 Mar '10 14:08
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Yes. So everything that comes after will be laid at the feet of Bush, right? So long as we have Bush to blame they can continue as long as they like.
  4. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    28 Mar '10 14:26
    Yes. So everything that comes after will be laid at the feet of Bush, right? So long as we have Bush to blame they can continue as long as they like.
    Every single bad thing that happens anywhere in the world for the next fifty years is either directly or indirectly Bush's fault. All of it.
  5. 28 Mar '10 14:27
    Was that who started it?

I thought the invasion of Afghanistan was because of someone else.
  6. 28 Mar '10 14:28
    Every single bad thing that happens anywhere in the world for the next fifty years is either directly or indirectly Bush's fault. All of it.
  7. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    28 Mar '10 14:29
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Was that who started it?

I thought the invasion of Afghanistan was because of someone else.
    Bush attacked Afghanistan.
  8. 28 Mar '10 14:31 / 1 edit
    Bush also started spending like a drunken sailor and began the entitlement movement and bail outs so technically he is to blame for everything that is going on now. In addition, the Dems voted to go in Iraq and Afgahnistan....or had you forgotten that?

Do you think Obama can run on this again in 2012?
  9. 28 Mar '10 14:32
    Yes thank you for the news flash but why ?
    Let's think this through before placing about the blame on Bush.
  10. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    28 Mar '10 14:36
    For all you peace loving lefties out there, I just thought you might like a reminder of the death count from the wars over seas. It concerns me that no one talks about it anymore now that "W" is out of office. Since Obama has taken the reigns, the death count of American soldiers stands at 157. Granted, the count is falling as the troops slowly move out bu ...[text shortened]... tan seems to be rising. To date, about 1029 troops have been killed in Afgahnistan.

Peace.
    Shouldn't you be counting the deaths of afghan civilians instead?
  11. 28 Mar '10 14:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Yes thank you for the news flash but why ?
    Let's think this through before placing about the blame on Bush.
    I blame Bush as well. I blame him for the advancing the statist cause by pursuing their agendas thus turning the populace from him and towards the alternative party....which are all a bunch of statists on steroids.
  12. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    28 Mar '10 14:38
    Bush also started spending like a drunken sailor and began the entitlement movement and bail outs so technically he is to blame for everything that is going on now. In addition, the Dems voted to go in Iraq and Afgahnistan....or had you forgotten that?

Do you think Obama can run on this again in 2012?
    The health care victory is the death knell of the Republican party. In an increasingly multicultural society, the party of angry white men will have less and less relevancy to anything. Obama will win a second term.
  13. 28 Mar '10 14:39
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Shouldn't you be counting the deaths of afghan civilians instead?
    Sure. I just don't have the numbers. So what are they? Do you know? More than likely this number will be lower than the real numbers. After all, they are easier to "miscount".
  14. 28 Mar '10 14:40 / 3 edits
    The health care victory is the death knell of the Republican party. In an increasingly multicultural society, the party of angry white men will have less and less relevancy to anything. Obama will win a second term.
    So the wars abroad mean nothing to you? Its all about health care? I think Obama would agree. Unfortunatly for him, unemployment is also a trivial matter for him as is the beginning of increased taxes. My guess is it will bite him in their arse.
  15. 28 Mar '10 14:43

Peace.
    Obama promised to withdraw from Iraq and allocate more troops and resources to Afghanistan. Thus far he has been consistent with his promises, so I'm not following the point of your thread.