Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 05 Jan '16 01:41
    Of being elected president?
  2. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    05 Jan '16 01:51
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I assume you mean chance..not change. The answer is "yes" I my opinion about a 25% chance.
  3. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    05 Jan '16 05:17
    Originally posted by bill718
    I assume you mean chance..not change. The answer is "yes" I my opinion about a 25% chance.
    I believe that is more like 50% chance.
  4. 05 Jan '16 15:22
    Either way Americans will get what they deserve.
  5. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    05 Jan '16 15:34
    I'm praying for Trump to become your president. And I don't even believe in Gods!
  6. 05 Jan '16 16:15
    No, he doesn't have a chance. I recently saw a campaign add that says something like "We should stop allowing Muslims into the country until we figure out what's going on."
    Now I know there are ignorant fools in every country including the US, but I think the sane majority would not vote for someone who is standing for president but doesn't know what's going on and would take that sort of action in the mean time.
    The video also shows people crossing a border and implies that it is the US Mexico border but it was actually shot in North Africa.
  7. 05 Jan '16 17:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, he doesn't have a chance. I recently saw a campaign add that says something like "We should stop allowing Muslims into the country until we figure out what's going on."
    Now I know there are ignorant fools in every country including the US, but I think the sane majority would not vote for someone who is standing for president but doesn't know what's g ...[text shortened]... g a border and implies that it is the US Mexico border but it was actually shot in North Africa.
    If he gets the Republican nomination, his chances are excellent, especially if he is opposed by Hillary Clinton.

His idea of suspending Muslim immigration is one that a substantial majority of Americans agree with, regardless of political affiliation. It hasn't hurt him a bit.
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    05 Jan '16 20:14 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    If he gets the Republican nomination, his chances are excellent, especially if he is opposed by Hillary Clinton.

His idea of suspending Muslim immigration is one that a substantial majority of Americans agree with, regardless of political affiliation. It hasn't hurt him a bit.
    This NBC/WSJ poll says differently: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/nbcwsj-poll-57-oppose-trumps-muslim-proposal

Could you cite a single, scientific poll from a reputable organization that says a "substantial majority of Americans" support suspending Muslim immigration? I found a Rassmussen one that said a slight plurality did 46%-40% but none that support your statement.

EDIT: This Monmouth poll is even more one-sided than the NBC/WSJ one: . Just 26% of Americans are in favor of this idea while 67% are opposed. http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32212254770/32212254991/32212254992/32212254994/32212254995/30064771087/bf47e045-654d-4fab-9b75-049c1925934f.pdf
  9. 05 Jan '16 20:21
    His idea of suspending Muslim immigration is one that a substantial majority of Americans agree with, regardless of political affiliation.
    I really hope that isn't true. In fact I would hope that those that agree with it are a tiny minority.

It hasn't hurt him a bit.
    It has totally ruined is already poor image internationally. If he did get elected it would make the US the laughing stock of the world. (We thought Bush was funny, but Trump would be even worse).
    I think the fact that many Americans realize this would cause them not to vote for him. I am even surprised that you would openly come out in support of him. RJ, I can understand, he is used to people laughing at him for his silly beliefs and he seems to revel in it.
  10. 05 Jan '16 20:24
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    This NBC/WSJ poll says differently: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/nbcwsj-poll-57-oppose-trumps-muslim-proposal
    What a despicable lot (the 43% of people that support it). How can people not see that such a proposal goes directly against all the freedoms that americans are always going on about?
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    05 Jan '16 20:27
    What a despicable lot (the 43% of people that support it). How can people not see that such a proposal goes directly against all the freedoms that americans are always going on about?
    If you bothered to read the link, you'd have found only 25% support it in that poll which is consistent with the Monmouth survey I later cited.
  12. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    05 Jan '16 21:30 / 1 edit
    Now I know there are ignorant fools in every country including the US, but I think the sane majority would not vote for someone who is standing for president but doesn't know what's g ...[text shortened]... g a border and implies that it is the US Mexico border but it was actually shot in North Africa.
    twhitehead - You underestimate just how many ignorant fools there are in the USA. This is the that country elected a man who sat on his rump reading stories to children while airplanes were being flown into the world trade towers, then had the gall to spread lies about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq as a threat to American security...a country that had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks, and posed no threat to American security, and why? So he could look tough for his daddy who wanted Saddam Hussein dead. America elected this man twice! A man whose family business dealings with the Bin Laden family went back decades. This man sacrificed the lives of over 4,000 brave American soldiers for nothing. If this were not bad enough, this man's bumbling allegiance deregulation in our financial sector (deregulation = no regulations) lead to the biggest financial crash since the 1930's, and now many Americans want to elect another one! I sincerely hope you're correct about America's "sane majority" but I don't hold out much hope. Americans really are (that) stupid!
  13. 05 Jan '16 21:39
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Could you cite a single, scientific poll from a reputable organization that says a "substantial majority of Americans" support suspending Muslim immigration? I found a Rassmussen one that said a slight plurality did 46%-40% but none that support ...[text shortened]... 2254991/32212254992/32212254994/32212254995/30064771087/bf47e045-654d-4fab-9b75-049c1925934f.pdf
    Please don't ignore that at the moment Trump proposed it, it was a temporary measure, at most. The media, Instantly altered it to be a long term, almost permanent proposal.

As that media depiction continued, support generally diminished to the polls that you now cite. I truly hope that most sincere and rational Americans, after Muslim terrorist acts, can seen the need to be careful on future immigration. Neither Trump, nor anyone else, has said Muslim immigration should be permanently stopped.
  14. 05 Jan '16 21:46
    Originally posted by bill718
    twhitehead - You underestimate just how many ignorant fools there are in the USA. This is the that country elected a man who sat on his rump reading stories to children while airplanes were being flown into the world trade towers, then had the gall to spread lies about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq as a threat to American security...a country that had ...[text shortened]... America's "sane majority" but I don't hold out much hope. Americans really are (that) stupid!
    This is the that country elected a man who sat on his rump reading stories to children while airplanes were being flown into the world trade towers

At least he wasn't getting head from a Whitehouse intern. Nor was he too busy to call US military to help the embassy staff in Benghazi.

So, if you say that we elect poor choices as President, then I concur. But the D choices are as bad or worse.

Please, don't insult anyone's intelligence. There was no deregulation prior to the 2008 crash. The crash was caused by the last round of regulations.

BTW, Americans also elected Barry twice. No explaining that?
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    05 Jan '16 22:29
    [b]This is the that country elected a man who sat on his rump reading stories to children while airplanes were being flown into the world trade towers

At least he wasn't getting head from a Whitehouse intern. Nor was he too busy to call US military to help the embassy staff in Benghazi.

So, if you say that we elect poor choices as President, t ...[text shortened]... the last round of regulations.

BTW, Americans also elected Barry twice. No explaining that?[/b]
    norm: There was no deregulation prior to the 2008 crash.

You really do exist in your own plane of reality. In fairness, most of the deregulation that triggered the crash occurred before GW became President though he and most conservative Republicans were strong proponents of such deregulation.