Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 15:46
    How serious does everyone reckon this is?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 15:50
    About as serious as other forms of voter fraud.

Obama encouraged illegal aliens to vote. I read an account that 3 million illegal alien votes were cast.

I don't know how many dead people voted.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 15:52
    Originally posted by Eladar

Obama encouraged illegal aliens to vote. I read an account that 3 million illegal alien votes were cast.

And you voted.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 15:551 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Nate Silver tweeted last night (with supporting documentation for each tweet):

To follow: some *very* quick analysis which suggests the claim here of rigged results in Wisconsin is probably BS:

Run a regression on Wisc. counties with >=50K people, and you find that Clinton improved more in counties with only paper ballots. HOWEVER:

...the effect COMPLETELY DISAPPEARS once you control for race and education levels, the key factors in predicting vote shifts this year.

Maybe a more complicated analysis would reveal something, but usually bad news when a finding can't survive a basic sanity check like this.

Nothing in Pennsylvania, either, whether or not you control for demographics.

And Michigan has paper ballots everywhere, so not even sure what claim is being made there.

Good chance there'll be a whole cottage industry of "STATISTICS PROFESSOR PROVES ELECTION RIGGED" posts at HuffPost, etc., though.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538

In other words, this statistician and self-described liberal is calling the entire idea unsupported and implying that the people supporting it are mere crybabies.
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 00:32
    My take on it is that it is a system that is at the mercy of it handlers. Probably no way to prove voter fraud or recount votes, especially when they built by a Soros owned company. That being said the MSM has given little air time on the matter and no investigative jounalism on the subject. To me that is a red flag. I have no way to prove anything about them but tend to believe they are nothing more than an invention to usurp our democracy. The MSM gave plenty of air time to the hanging chads and that whole mess in order to bring the system in. What do you think?
  6. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 02:421 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar

Any scholarly sources to back up your 3 false witness claims? info-wars is not a scholarly source.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 03:28
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Any scholarly sources to back up your 3 false witness claims? info-wars is not a scholarly source.
    Info Wars is not a scholarly source for I am KingDavid403 and what I say goes. What a crock. Sounds like this guy is hopeing Soros will notice him so he can get a payday. What a shill what a shill I tell ya. LOL
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 04:34
    Was it on the BBC I saw Snowden showing how easy it was to hack the voting system?
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 04:40
    Was it on the BBC I saw Snowden showing how easy it was to hack the voting system?
    I don't know but there were many incidents of vote switching. They came to work on the machines and after that there was no feedback as to how the machines registered their vote.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 05:401 edit
    I think it is serious that we take photo ID seriously as a means to help prevent it, people's
    votes should include a means to prove who they are and that they are real. There should
    also be a means to validate each vote so the voter's vote can be verified.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 13:03
    "Voting fraud" is the big fear tactic that the Republicans have to trot out so that they have some excuse, however feeble, to justify suppressing the liberal vote.
  12. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 13:113 edits
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Info Wars is not a scholarly source for I am KingDavid403 and what I say goes. What a crock. Sounds like this guy is hopeing Soros will notice him so he can get a payday. What a shill what a shill I tell ya. LOL
    You have to have an education above grade school to know what a scholarly source is, which is why you do not. WIKI is not a scholarly source either as I, you, or anyone, can personally go in there and change what is written and re-write it ourselves. However, it is fairly accurate most of the time.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 13:57
    Originally posted by sh76
    In other words, this statistician and self-described liberal is calling the entire idea unsupported and implying that the people supporting it are mere crybabies.
    And this is the closest thing to the truth you'll ever hear from a conservative on this issue.

What do you think is more heinous, the miniscule possibility of "voter fraud" or the very real and documented suppression of the Constitutionally-granted right to vote that Republicans practice against Democrats in this country? From gerrymandering congressional districts based on US Census data to stripping blacks, hispanics and Asians from the voter rolls to a preponderance of punitive and egregious voter ID requirements (all in the name of "defending against 'voter fraud' " ), Republicans have waged war on Democrats' Constitutional voting rights ever since Reagan.

The Republican end-game for all this is illustrated by the fact that 32 out of 50 states now have Republican legislatures. Article V of the US Constitution requires application of 2/3 of the state legislatures (34) in order for Congress to call for a Constitutional Convention to amend the US Constitution. And then, all bets are off.
  14. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 13:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Voting fraud" is the big fear tactic that the Republicans have to trot out so that they have some excuse, however feeble, to justify suppressing the liberal vote.
    Voting fraud is committed almost entirely by the left which is why we hear more about it from the right. The only thing to fear about it is that the libtards would like to suppress democracy. They would like to have the communist gay transgender murdering abortion slavery appologists tell the rest of the nation how to live, think, breathe and what color underwear to wear. Sickening isn't it.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 14:044 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And this is the closest thing to the truth you'll ever hear from a conservative on this issue.

What do you think is more heinous, the miniscule possibility of "voter fraud" or the very real and documented suppression of the Constitutionally-granted right to vote that Republicans practice against Democrats in this country? From gerrymandering congression ...[text shortened]... call for a Constitutional Convention to amend the US Constitution. And then, all bets are off.
    ===What do you think is more heinous, the miniscule possibility of "voter fraud"===

I agree that there's generally not much problem of voter fraud. Again borrowing from Nate Silver, I think people should be able to vote "in your house with a mouse."

=== or the very real and documented suppression of the Constitutionally-granted right to vote that Republicans practice against Democrats in this country?===

This is also way overblown.

=== From gerrymandering congressional districts based on US Census data===

Let's not get so sanctimonious. Democrats gerrymander plenty as well. Gerrymandering based on race is unconstitutional, but political gerrymandering is not. Where I sit right now used to be a Republican congressional seat and the New York Democrats gerrymandered away the seat by stretching the district on a weird angle all the way down to the Bronx just to pick up enough Dem votes to ensure that it stays Dem forever. This happened in the 90's. Now that Rockland and Westchester are solid Dem, they took the Bronx part out of the district so as not to waster those Dem votes where they're not needed.

As it happens, Republicans control more states and so they can do more gerrymandering, but pretending Democrats don't gerrymander also is absurd.

=== to stripping blacks, hispanics and Asians from the voter rolls to a preponderance of punitive and egregious voter ID requirements (all in the name of "defending against 'voter fraud' " ), Republicans have waged war on Democrats' Constitutional voting rights ever since Reagan. ===

Overblown generalities. There's as little evidence of widespread and persistent voter suppression as there is of voter fraud.