Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    23 Mar '11 13:30 / 1 edit
    http://www.jpost.com/ArtsAndCulture/Entertainment/Article.aspx?id=213442

My goodness... just read this in the Jerusalem Post.

If it is a terrorist attack from the same idiots... oh my... I don't even
    want to think about it.
  2. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    23 Mar '11 13:34
    Gee, and they keep firing rockets...

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=213412
  3. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    23 Mar '11 13:35
    It's time for the tanks to start rolling
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Mar '11 13:57
    Originally posted by Seitse
    http://www.jpost.com/ArtsAndCulture/Entertainment/Article.aspx?id=213442

My goodness... just read this in the Jerusalem Post.

If it is a terrorist attack from the same idiots... oh my... I don't even
    want to think about it.
    All I can say is:

1) Thankfully, apparently no one was killed

2) No country should put up with this crap and no major country would
  5. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    23 Mar '11 14:00
    1 killed.

20 injured.

Jerusalem Post and CNN have contradictory numbers at this point.
  6. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    23 Mar '11 14:23
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I bet they have Elizabeth Taylor's death in /World/Politics/
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Mar '11 14:25 / 2 edits
    Another terror attack.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=189325

At least the 4th now in 5 days.

Does anyone still believe the BS about the Fogel attack being an isolated event or a foreign worker?

One or more Palestinian terror groups have clearly decided to re-open their terror campaign. Maybe they feel left out of the Libya and Egypt protests. I don't know.

But sooner or later, the military will strike back.

That's when the UN and the European governments will take notice, of course.
  8. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    23 Mar '11 14:27
    Not to mention the new wave of rockets being launched
    into Israeli territory.

Luckily, the Neanderthals don't know how to aim them
    correctly or they buy them from eBay and end up being
    defective.
  9. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    23 Mar '11 14:34
    Originally posted by sh76
    That's when the UN and the European governments will take notice, of course.
    How will a military strike help?

Isn't collaboration with the PA on their arrests probably the best option? I guess one can say they are behind the attacks and are just using this as an excuse to get rid of Hamas members but still... I just don't see who Israel can strike against militarily. Seems more like targeted military police-like action would probably be more effective.
  10. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    23 Mar '11 14:50
    Well, you can't constantly bomb and harass people and expect them to bend over and take it up the arse, generation after generation. Can you?
  11. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    23 Mar '11 14:53
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Well, you can't constantly bomb and harass people and expect them to bend over and take it up the arse, generation after generation. Can you?
    That goes both ways, though.
  12. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    23 Mar '11 14:57
    Originally posted by Palynka
    That goes both ways, though.
    Of course it does.
    However, there is a big difference between the legality of Palestinians defending their territory (according to UN resolutions) with home made rockets and stones and Israeli bombing the sweet bejesus out of them with F16's, tanks and gun ships.

I can but suggest you pop over there and have a snuffle around to judge the situation for yourself.
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Mar '11 15:00
    Of course it does.
    However, there is a big difference between the legality of Palestinians defending their territory (according to UN resolutions) with home made rockets and stones and Israeli bombing the sweet bejesus out of them with F16's, tanks and gun ships.

I can but suggest you pop over there and have a snuffle around to judge the situation for yourself.
    Oh, so sneaking into people's homes and knifing their children, shooting pregnant women walking on the side of the road and blowing up buses of civilians is a "legal" "defense of their territory" now?
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Mar '11 15:02
    Originally posted by Palynka
    How will a military strike help?

Isn't collaboration with the PA on their arrests probably the best option? I guess one can say they are behind the attacks and are just using this as an excuse to get rid of Hamas members but still... I just don't see who Israel can strike against militarily. Seems more like targeted military police-like action would probably be more effective.
    I don't think that the PA is behind the attacks; but they obviously are not capable of controlling whoever is.

Targeted military police-like strikes against the higher ups of terrorist organizations, as your described, is what we're likely to see in the coming weeks.
  15. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    23 Mar '11 15:04
    Of course it does.

It doesn't make much difference for the dead, though, but there are more of them on the Palestinian side, sure.

I did go there and "snuffle" around. I slept on the Arab side of Jerusalem. I don't think my views changed one iota. It was very predictable, actually. People cannot be rational because they almost all had family members, friends and acquaintances hurt or killed by the conflict. They shrug when the other side get killed and are outraged when their own do. You seem to make this mistake, as well, although in your case is less understandable.