Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Jun '11 01:17
    Would you agree that Michelle Obama is one of the most impressive First Ladies ever?
  2. 22 Jun '11 01:54 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you agree that Michelle Obama is one of the most impressive First Ladies ever?
    Impressive? In terms of what?

As far as looks, the one that gave me the willies was Barbara Bush. Those "bug eyes" just sent shivers up and down my spine.

Then to add insult to injury, she looked twice the age of Bush Sr.

Now to try and decide who the best looking first ladies were, I would have to see them duel it out in a swim suit contest of some sort. My guess is, however, Jacki O would win hands down.
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Jun '11 02:00 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    As far as looks, the one that gave me the willies was Barbara Bush. Those "bug eyes" just sent shivers up and down my spine.
    You reserve silly put downs about physical appearance for women in the public eye, as usual.

Impressive? In terms of what?

As an 'ambassador' for the U.S. As a role model. As a shrewd user of the First Lady's high profile/bully pulpit. Etc.

In terms of First Lady stuff, whodey, not talk about a famous woman, BOING, talk about her looks and sex appeal.
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Jun '11 02:02
    Now to try and decide who the best looking first ladies were, I would have to see them duel it out in a swim suit contest of some sort. My guess is, however, Jacki O would win hands down.

And there you were, pretending to be worried about political women not being taken seriously on this forum, only a few days ago.
  5. 22 Jun '11 02:04
    I'm not really impressed by any of them, but I'm not old enough to remember many. Just Clinton, Bush and Obama. I don't recall any sort of inspiring quote or action by them.
  6. 22 Jun '11 02:07
    Originally posted by FMF

And there you were, pretending to be worried about political women not being taken seriously on this forum, only a few days ago.
    It's not Whodey that does not take them seriously, it's the American people. Just ask President want-a-be Hillary Clinton or Sarah Palin, or Christine Odonnel etc.

Whodey is just having some fun. I never claimed to be politically correct FMF. I'm just an observer is all.

Speaking of Sarah Palin.......oh, never mind. Killjoy!!!
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Jun '11 02:12
    Whodey is just having some fun. I never claimed to be politically correct FMF. I'm just an observer is all.
    You keep your teenage sexual smears and taunts for female politicians and public figures. Not for the males. Just the females. One wonders why you think such "observations" are "fun".
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Jun '11 02:14
    Speaking of Sarah Palin.......oh, never mind. Killjoy!!!
    Any observations on Michelle Obama as an 'ambassador' for the U.S., as a role model, as a user of the First Lady's high profile/bully pulpit?
  9. 22 Jun '11 02:55 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You keep your teenage sexual smears and taunts for female politicians and public figures. Not for the males. Just the females. One wonders why you think such "observations" are "fun".
    Since when are "bug eyes" sexual taunts?

If you like I could start in on Wiener and Cinton.

America has some great role models, don't they?
  10. 22 Jun '11 03:07 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Any observations on Michelle Obama as an 'ambassador' for the U.S., as a role model, as a user of the First Lady's high profile/bully pulpit?
    Well I do recall the "ambassodor" Michelle "my bell" Obama making a speech at the NAACP where she called the Tea Party a bunch of racists.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/naacp-to-a-party-civil-rights-group-considers-resolution/story?id=11144640

Meanwhile, black unemployment levels skyrocket to about 16% under Obama.

Hmmm. I guess its just picking and choosing battles to fight that defines a person.
  11. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    22 Jun '11 03:17 / 2 edits
    Well I do recall the "ambassodor" making a speech at the NAACP where she called the Tea Party a bunch of racists.

Hmmm. I guess its just picking and choosing battles to fight that defines a person.
    Source, please. I have the slightest hunch there's more context than you're suggesting.

Edit: Did you read your article? Where does it say that Michelle Obama wrote the resolution? In fact, according to your article:

"First Lady Michelle Obama brought renewed energy to the NAACP today, delivering the keynote speech at the annual convention one day before the nation's largest civil rights group is expected to condemn what it calls racist elements in the Tea Party movement. "

So unless she wrote the resolution, those were not her words.

Edit2: Furthermore, considering that thousands of Americans bought into the notion that Barack Obama's entire presidency is illegitimate because of a patently false and vicious rumor, I for one think Obama showed restraint.
  12. 22 Jun '11 03:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you ?
  13. 22 Jun '11 03:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    [b]Source, please. I have the slightest hunch there's more context than you're suggesting.

Edit: Did you read your article? Where does it say that Michelle Obama wrote the resolution? In fact, according to your article:

"First Lady Michelle Obama brought renewed energy to the NAACP today, delivering the keynote speech at the annual convention [b]one rights group is expected to condemn what it calls racist elements in the Tea Party movement. "
    So she is patronizing a group of people who are labelling the Tea Party as racists on the eve of doing so?

I suppose if someeone were to patronize a KKK rally and not talk about racism then all would be well with the world as well.

I think an old saying applies here from the old West in that if you ride with'em, you hang with'em.
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Jun '11 04:10
    You attribute this in some way to the First Lady?
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Jun '11 04:13 / 1 edit
    Well I do recall the "ambassodor" Michelle "my bell" Obama making a speech at the NAACP where she called the Tea Party a bunch of racists.
    With which words in her speech at the NAACP did she call the Tea Party "a bunch of racists"? Can you quote them? Is this claim of yours true or false?