Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    16 Jul '13 17:43
    Where's the liberal outrage about this?

    There is none, and there won't be, because liberals can't spin black-on-black crime to advance their agenda. Liberals don't care about blacks. Liberals use blacks like any other thing to be taken advantage of. Where's Al Sharpton here? Why isn't he in Chicago working to end gun violence?

    (CNSNews.com) – In the 20-day period of the George Zimmerman trial, four minors – three teens and a five-year-old boy - were gunned down in Chicago, according to Homicide Watch Chicago, a Chicago Sun-Times publication, which details every murder that takes place in the city.

    On June 28, five-year-old Sterling Sims was killed in a double murder that also claimed the life of his mother, 31-year-old Chavonne Brown. Both were shot in their apartment, and police believe the motive was robbery.

    On July 1, 16-year-old Antonio Fenner was gunned down on the sidewalk next to the body of a 32-year-old man who had gang ties. No arrests were made, and no suspects have been named. Fenner’s mother believes her son was in the wrong place at the wrong time, because no one in her family knew the other victim or what Fenner’s association was to him.

    On July 3, 14-year-old Damani Henard was murdered outside a high school. His body was found next a bicycle.

    On July 9, 15-year-old Ed Cooper was shot and killed while spending time with friends at the park. A gunman got out of a black van and began firing as the boys ran away. Cooper was shot in the street and continued running to a vacant lot where he died.

    Zimmerman was charged with killing Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager in Sanford, Fla., who was walking through a gated community on his way home from the convenience store. Zimmerman argued that he acted in self-defense.

    The trial began on June 24 and ended on July 13 with Zimmerman’s acquittal.
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    16 Jul '13 17:48
    Are you suggesting black people killed those kids? How do you know?
  3. 16 Jul '13 17:48
    What do these deaths have to do with "Zim's trial"?
  4. 16 Jul '13 17:51
    I think the question being raised is why do people care about this one killing, when there are many many killings going on all the time.
  5. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    16 Jul '13 17:54
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I think the question being raised is why do people care about this one killing, when there are many many killings going on all the time.
    The justice system said it was legal for Zimmerman to kill Martin.
  6. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    16 Jul '13 17:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The justice system said it was legal for Zimmerman to kill Martin.
    Not until Saturday. There was a hell of a lot of coverage prior to Saturday.
  7. 16 Jul '13 18:01
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The justice system said it was legal for Zimmerman to kill Martin.
    Yep, the legal system said that if you are going to attack someone you run the risk of that person defending himself by killing you. I think it was a great decision. Finally victims have the right to defend themselves from bullies.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    16 Jul '13 18:03
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Not until Saturday. There was a hell of a lot of coverage prior to Saturday.
    This possibility of Z walking was always what mattered.
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    16 Jul '13 18:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Yep, the legal system said that if you are going to attack someone you run the risk of that person defending himself by killing you. I think it was a great decision. Finally victims have the right to defend themselves from bullies.
    Stalkers everywhere are rejoicing the creation of such a "right". Normally people who harass kids are considered the "bullies".
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    16 Jul '13 18:28
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Where's the liberal outrage about this?

    There is none, and there won't be, because liberals can't spin black-on-black crime to advance their agenda. Liberals don't care about blacks. Liberals use blacks like any other thing to be taken advantage of. Where's Al Sharpton here? Why isn't he in Chicago working to end gun violence?

    (CNSNews.com ...[text shortened]... lf-defense.

    The trial began on June 24 and ended on July 13 with Zimmerman’s acquittal.
    Were any of those killers caught immediately after the act and set free that night?

    Did any of them start a website to pay for their legal defense and have right wingers give more than a half million dollars to them?
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    16 Jul '13 18:34
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Where's the liberal outrage about this?

    There is none, and there won't be, because liberals can't spin black-on-black crime to advance their agenda. Liberals don't care about blacks. Liberals use blacks like any other thing to be taken advantage of. Where's Al Sharpton here? Why isn't he in Chicago working to end gun violence?

    (CNSNews.com ...[text shortened]... lf-defense.

    The trial began on June 24 and ended on July 13 with Zimmerman’s acquittal.
    Funny you should mention Reverend Al:

    http://www.blackyouthproject.com/2013/07/al-sharpton-to-move-to-chicago-to-address-gun-violence/
  12. 16 Jul '13 18:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Funny you should mention Reverend Al:

    http://www.blackyouthproject.com/2013/07/al-sharpton-to-move-to-chicago-to-address-gun-violence/
    But why isn't he in Chicago working to end gun violence... more?
  13. 16 Jul '13 19:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Stalkers everywhere are rejoicing the creation of such a "right". Normally people who harass kids are considered the "bullies".
    No, usually the person kicking the other person's butt is considered the bully.
  14. 16 Jul '13 19:15
    Originally posted by Eladar
    No, usually the person kicking the other person's butt is considered the bully.
    Ralphie would disagree.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvijyBIgazE
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    16 Jul '13 19:17
    Originally posted by Eladar
    No, usually the person kicking the other person's butt is considered the bully.
    Nope.