Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 14 Jan '14 14:40 / 1 edit
    https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2013/12/29/marseilles-is-now-30-40-muslim-excessive-violence-riots-and-rapes-are-turning-it-into-the-most-violent-city-in-europe/

They should have looked at what became of Oslo before letting it happen in France.
  2. 14 Jan '14 14:48
    Oslo is one of the most violent cities in Europe, then? You do realize that Norway has one of the lowest crime rates in the world?

Oh wait, you didn't, because you're a typical ignorant racist.
  3. 14 Jan '14 15:15
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Oslo is one of the most violent cities in Europe, then? You do realize that Norway has one of the lowest crime rates in the world?

Oh wait, you didn't, because you're a typical ignorant racist.
    Muslims are a very small group in Norway, so the numbers won't be as great when you look at the entire country.

Try reading this: http://europenews.dk/en/node/63520

Back in May it was reported that every rape assault in the city of Oslo in the last five years had been committed by a person with a "non-Western” background – a Norwegian euphemism for Muslim. Now it turns out that there have already been twice as many rape assaults in Oslo so far this year as there were in all of 2010.
  4. 14 Jan '14 15:20
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Muslims are a very small group in Norway, so the numbers won't be as great when you look at the entire country.

Try reading this: http://europenews.dk/en/node/63520

[b]Back in May it was reported that every rape assault in the city of Oslo in the last five years had been committed by a person with a "non-Western” background – a Norwegian euphemism fo ...[text shortened]... eady been twice as many rape assaults in Oslo so far this year as there were in all of 2010.
    [/b]
    Yeah, an islamophobe website looks like a pretty reliable source. Probably just as reliable as Breivik's manifesto, where KilgoreTrout appears to have gotten his view of what Oslo is like from.
  5. 14 Jan '14 15:25
    Yeah, an islamophobe website looks like a pretty reliable source. Probably just as reliable as Breivik's manifesto, where KilgoreTrout appears to have gotten his view of what Oslo is like from.
    You are saying that they lie? Or are you saying that they are willing to actually look at the truth?

Stats are stats and if the rapes are being committed by Muslims then they are being committed by Muslims.
  6. 14 Jan '14 16:19
    You are saying that they lie? Or are you saying that they are willing to actually look at the truth?

Stats are stats and if the rapes are being committed by Muslims then they are being committed by Muslims.
    I'm saying that if I would be interested in the ethnicity of rapists in Oslo I probably wouldn't go to an islamophobe website to find out the relevant statistics.

For socio-economic as well as cultural reasons I would expect people with an immigrant background to be overrepresented statistically in the rape statistics. I know that in the Netherlands, after correcting for socio-economic factors, people of Moroccan descent (a relatively large minority) are about 1.5 to 2 times more likely to have a criminal record.
  7. 14 Jan '14 16:39
    I'm saying that if I would be interested in the ethnicity of rapists in Oslo I probably wouldn't go to an islamophobe website to find out the relevant statistics.

For socio-economic as well as cultural reasons I would expect people with an immigrant background to be overrepresented statistically in the rape statistics. I know that in the Netherlands, ...[text shortened]... nt (a relatively large minority) are about 1.5 to 2 times more likely to have a criminal record.
    I just did a google search. I'm assuming the stats are accurate

I suppose you have no problem bringing in groups that are known to have over representation of criminal behavior.
  8. 14 Jan '14 16:59
    I just did a google search. I'm assuming the stats are accurate

I suppose you have no problem bringing in groups that are known to have over representation of criminal behavior.
    Since I'm not a big fan of government oppression, I don't think I have the authority to tell people where they should be living. People should have the freedom to decide where they want to live and the responsibility to not be an undue burden on their fellow citizen if they can help it.
  9. 14 Jan '14 18:59
    Since I'm not a big fan of government oppression, I don't think I have the authority to tell people where they should be living. People should have the freedom to decide where they want to live and the responsibility to not be an undue burden on their fellow citizen if they can help it.
    Having a nation with borders and keeping out people who are not nationals is equal to government oppression?

To each his own I suppose.
  10. 14 Jan '14 19:01
    Having a nation with borders and keeping out people who are not nationals is equal to government oppression?
    Yes.
  11. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    14 Jan '14 19:20
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2013/12/29/marseilles-is-now-30-40-muslim-excessive-violence-riots-and-rapes-are-turning-it-into-the-most-violent-city-in-europe/

They should have looked at what became of Oslo before letting it happen in France.
    I've got bad news for you...Marseilles really is becoming a hellhole, and it's because young Muslim male immigrants are responsible for a violent crime epidemic. That's not racist. That's a fact.

The interesting part about is that France has a "better" social safety net than the United States, yet that "better" safety net that American liberals want here was ineffective in preventing a crime wave.
  12. 14 Jan '14 19:36
    Originally posted by sasquatch672 to KilgoreTrout15
    I've got bad news for you...Marseilles really is becoming a hellhole, and it's because young Muslim male immigrants are responsible for a violent crime epidemic. That's not racist. That's a fact.

The interesting part about is that France has a "better" social safety net than the United States, yet that "better" safety net that American liberals want here was ineffective in preventing a crime wave.
    Do you (Sasquatch672) support Jean-Marie Le Pen and his Front National
    party? French courts have found him guilty of 'inciting racial hatred'
    against Muslims or other minorities in France.
  13. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    14 Jan '14 19:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    I'm assuming that you're mentioning some ultra-right wing nationalist movement. Of course not. That's never the answer.
  14. 14 Jan '14 19:59
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Jean-Marie Le Pen resigned in 2011. His daughter now leads the party.

The French political system effectively marginalizes the Front National. In other systems, where proportional representation is used, equivalent racist parties tend to do much better and wield significant political influence. An exception to this general rule is Germany, where there is still a strong taboo on holding racist beliefs.
  15. 14 Jan '14 20:02
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I'm assuming that you're mentioning some ultra-right wing nationalist movement. Of course not. That's never the answer.
    I don't think Le Pen or her supporters regard the FN as "ultra-right wing nationalist." Le Pen got 17.9% of the vote in the first round of the presidential election in 2012. In 2002, her father managed to secure a place in the second round.