Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 17 Dec '15 08:31
    Rubio did great in the debate tonight! Attacked for his prior support for amnesty he clarified his position on immigration! If an undocumented person waits in a Baskin Robbins line for 11 years, stands on his or head for 6 days, writes a book in Sanskrit, memorizes the Bible, and becomes an opera diva, he or she will qualify for a green card. If the individual can prove he or she is Jesus Christ he or she will be put in a lottery for citizenship.

What a great debate! I'm on the verge of voting Republican. Shooting down Russian planes? Cool! That would resolve my concern of outliving my retirement fund. Let's get it over with!

The unanimous economic policy of the candidates based on spending hundreds of billions to modernize our nuke fleet has won me over. This solves the issue of future economic inequality and also makes climate change irrelevant.

And... it saves us the embarrassment of using clunker missiles when we eventually go to war with Russia over the war planes we will be shooting down. We are America and, dammit, our nukes have to be first class!

On some serious notes, let's absorb this. If you have one or two people operating independently, self-radicalized, operating as lone-wolves, it's going to be hard to find every single person like that. This is obvious. It is worth saying this so that we can avoid being totally stupid. But none of these people will say it.

And none of them, not one, would directly oppose Trumps absolute ban on Muslims entering the country. They are, each of them, total effing cowards because I know they don't agree with it. In fact, I don't even think Trump agrees with it. They would only vaguely criticize his tone.

At least Jeb Bush went after Trump's proposed policy of killing family members of terrorists. Jeb is at 3 percent.

Trump; "I would be very very firm with families. And frankly, that will make people think. Because they may not care much about their lives, but they do care, believe it or not, about their family's lives."

And with that the audience broke into applause.

Trump says yeah, he's totally committed to the Republican party, gonna stick with it, gonna beat Hillary if he's the nominee. He will not run as an independent (asked by right winger Hugh Hewitt, present on the panel because of Republican whining about alleged liberals in the CNBC debate). Carson equivocates, mostly, but it's kind of hard to tell since he doesn't really say anything when he talks.

Reality check: ISIS has lost territory in Iraq and Syria. It has a limited presence in Libya. It is not ruling territory all over the world nor even all over the Middle East. But to hear this group talk, you would think it was on the verge of conquering the universe.

I really don't think Cruz understands what carpet bombing is.

There will be no bomb hoaxes if Christie is President.

Watching Rubio on the split screen as Cruz is calling him a liar, he looks weak. Uncertain. It's the year the mad dogs of the far right rule the Republican Party. Statesmanship? What's that?

Here are some choice Trump quotes:

"I'm at 42 and you're at 3."

"Time to punch the Russians in the nose."

"We've got a phobia about boots on the ground."

"With Jeb's attitude we will never be great again."

Trump's closing brought the whole thing full circle. It's clear, direct; it resonates. We don't win any more. We're losers. I'll make us win again.

Reagan's message, circa 1980. But add the fear. You need to be afraid. And then we'll win again.

That's where we're at.

Last comment on the CNN mess of a debate last night.

Only this Democratic Party spin site picked up what the rest of the media ignored. When I saw it, I figured somebody would say something somewhere, but apparently we've gone 24 hours with nobody noticing or bothering to comment. In last night's debate, CNN invited right wing talk radio hack Hugh Hewitt to be one of the questioners (I guess Ann Coulter was busy elsewhere). When Trump answered that he would not leave the Republican Party, Hewitt clapped on national TV.

BTW, the folks at CNN identified Hewitt only as a "radio host." Not as a partisan who overtly says he doesn't have to be objective because he's a conservative.

Ethics? CNN liberal? Right wingers have played the ref well.

Btw I have no prob in having a trained seal like Hewitt as a panelist. But he should be properly identified.

I would call CNN a third rate network..... if I could figure out if any of its rivals were first or second rate.

I mean seriously - CNN felt no need to assign liberals to the Democratic Party panel. Oh, wait, I forgot. Anderson Cooper's liberal because he's gay.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/12/16/cnn-debate-panelist-celebrates-trump-staying-in/207536
  2. 17 Dec '15 09:10
    another one?

really?
  3. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    17 Dec '15 09:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Rubio did great in the debate tonight! Attacked for his prior support for amnesty he clarified his position on immigration! If an undocumented person waits in a Baskin Robbins line for 11 years, stands on his or head for 6 days, writes a book in Sanskrit, memorizes the Bible, and becomes an opera diva, he or she will qualify for a green card. If the individ ...[text shortened]...
    http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/12/16/cnn-debate-panelist-celebrates-trump-staying-in/207536
    It's mid December now, and I'm getting the feeling most people, regardless of party affiliation, are already tired of this campaign. Yahoo, AOL, and Google have all flooded their headlines with this non stop chatter, this is in addition to the newspapers, magazines. 11 months from now when America finally votes, most people will have tuned it out.

I've been following politics in America since the election of 72, and I deeply question the mental state of our citizens when all they seem to want to hear are things like endless tabloid political tidbits, details of the latest shooting, who just came out of the closet, and stories about Kim Kardashian's butt implants, and her serving her own placenta to her family to eat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/26/kim-kardashian-serves-placenta-to-her-family-video_n_3815466.html
  4. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    17 Dec '15 10:48
    Rubio did great in the debate tonight! Attacked for his prior support for amnesty he clarified his position on immigration! If an undocumented person waits in a Baskin Robbins line for 11 years, stands on his or head for 6 days, writes a book in Sanskrit, memorizes the Bible, and becomes an opera diva, he or she will qualify for a green card. If the individ ...[text shortened]...
    Donald Trump will make America Great Again. That's all you need to know. Vote Trump.

The Near Genius
  5. 17 Dec '15 19:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Donald Trump will make America Great Again. That's all you need to know. Vote Trump.

The Near Genius
    With an over 50 percent unfavorability rating, I really don't think his campaign can get much traction outside of the GOP crazy wing. This is why the GOP leadership is freaking out.

I think your nominee will be Cruz. But he just got chewed up on Fox News last night. What is he going to do when he has to face real reporters?
  6. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    17 Dec '15 21:07 / 1 edit
    With an over 50 percent unfavorability rating, I really don't think his campaign can get much traction outside of the GOP crazy wing. This is why the GOP leadership is freaking out.

I think your nominee will be Cruz. But he just got chewed up on Fox News last night. What is he going to do when he has to face real reporters?
    You are wrong about who said the Russian remark.

Kasich: Punch Russians in the Nose; Christie: Shoot Down Russian Warplanes; Paul: Hello to WWIII

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/kasich-punch-russians-nose-christie-shoot-down-russian-warplanes-paul-hello

Russia's Putin calls Donald Trump outstanding and talented.

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-calls-trump-outstanding-talented-man-agencies-005747627.html

Trump said he would build a wall, stop Muslim immigration, and Make America Great Again.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform
  7. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    18 Dec '15 00:37
    GOP Debate: Best One-Liners | MSNBC

YouTube
  8. 18 Dec '15 02:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are wrong about who said the Russian remark.

[b]Kasich: Punch Russians in the Nose; Christie: Shoot Down Russian Warplanes; Paul: Hello to WWIII

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/kasich-punch-russians-nose-christie-shoot-down-russian-warplanes-paul-hello

Russia's Putin calls Donald Trump outstanding and talented.

ht ...[text shortened]... , and Make America Great Again.[/b]

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform[/b]
    Kasich said it? I could swear it was Donald. And Kasich is supposed to be the grown up in the group!
  9. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    18 Dec '15 05:45
    Kasich said it? I could swear it was Donald. And Kasich is supposed to be the grown up in the group!
    Kasich: We need to punch the Russians in the nose

YouTube
  10. 20 Dec '15 06:40
    Well, same points.
  11. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    20 Dec '15 22:45
    Well, same points.
    Trump is still leading in the polls over Cruz by a lot the last I checked.
  12. 20 Dec '15 22:51

I agree with you as to the eventual Republican nominee. More because Trumps popularity is national, and won't hold up when primaries go to individual States.

By the way, is there a Dem crazy wing?