Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 13 Mar '15 13:09
    I know that republicans have been called obstructionists for quite some time now, but this latest stunt really blew me away. I expect stuff like this from that idiot John McCain. He always was ignorant, but you would think Rand Paul would consider that if he became president he would not want his foreign policy to be undermined in a similar way. I used to think Rand was not that bad, now I think he is a dirt bag. He must be playing ball with the elites. Why else would he do this?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/mccain-rand-paul-roll-out-new-excuses-sabotage-letter
  2. 13 Mar '15 13:20
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I know that republicans have been called obstructionists for quite some time now, but this latest stunt really blew me away. I expect stuff like this from that idiot John McCain. He always was ignorant, but you would think Rand Paul would consider that if he became president he would not want his foreign policy to be undermined in a similar way. I used t ...[text shortened]...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/mccain-rand-paul-roll-out-new-excuses-sabotage-letter
    It seems to me Democrats are for hearing different voices when it's race relations or campaign finance or anything that's convenient for them. However when the leader of one of our few allies wishes to speak to Congress, Democrats no longer advocate the virtues of free speech or the exchange of multicultural ideas. Instead they simply wish to prevent decision makers from gathering facts on major natural security issues.
  3. 13 Mar '15 13:57
    I know that republicans have been called obstructionists for quite some time now, but this latest stunt really blew me away. I expect stuff like this from that idiot John McCain. He always was ignorant, but you would think Rand Paul would consider that if he became president he would not want his foreign policy to be undermined in a similar way. I used t ...[text shortened]...

Rand knows he cannot win the presidency on a libertarian agenda alone. He needs some warmongering rhetoric to win over the chest-thumping part of the Republican electorate.
  4. 13 Mar '15 15:18

rand paul is a prostitute.

he will pander to anyone if it would get him votes sometimes in the future
  5. 13 Mar '15 16:17

I'm curious about the 7 republican senators that did not sign the letter. Has anyone a ready link to who they are? Are they getting any grief from the GOP or Tea Party? Are they not up for election soon?
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Mar '15 16:24
    Originally posted by JS357
    I'm curious about the 7 republican senators that did not sign the letter. Has anyone a ready link to who they are? Are they getting any grief from the GOP or Tea Party? Are they not up for election soon?
    Here's the list: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/03/10/heres-a-list-of-the-gop-senators-who-signed-the-iran-letter/
  7. 13 Mar '15 17:21

I know, the Presidency was designed to be a dictatorial position which was never meant to be checked by any other part of the government. That's why the Constitution clearly states that Congress needs to give the power to create law to the Presidency through creation of agencies. The Constitution clearly states that any treaty that the President creates is automatically law.
  8. 13 Mar '15 17:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I know, the Presidency was designed to be a dictatorial position which was never meant to be checked by any other part of the government. That's why the Constitution clearly states that Congress needs to give the power to create law to the Presidency through creation of agencies. The Constitution clearly states that any treaty that the President creates is automatically law.
    BTW,

The people of the United States agree with the Republicans that Obama is a dictator in chief who needs to be controlled, that's why the people have consistently chosen to elect Republicans to Congress in each of the elections after Obama got elected by lying to the American people.
  9. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    13 Mar '15 18:13
    BTW,

The people of the United States agree with the Republicans that Obama is a dictator in chief who needs to be controlled, that's why the people have consistently chosen to elect Republicans to Congress in each of the elections after Obama got elected by lying to the American people.
    Twice.

You do not seem impressed with the ability of the American people to avoid being duped. The "wisdom of crowds" is not your theme, I take it.
  10. 13 Mar '15 18:38
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Twice.

You do not seem impressed with the ability of the American people to avoid being duped. The "wisdom of crowds" is not your theme, I take it.
    I'm not impressed with the wisdom of the crowd. I was just pointing out that Obama does not have the people behind him, as he claim he does because he was personally elected.

The American people want Obama's policies because they didn't like either of the people he ran against. That's what Obama believes.
  11. 13 Mar '15 22:19

What makes you think this undermines Rand Paul's intended foreign policy? Are you assuming he will want peace with Iran? Why? It wouldn't serve him at all. The only way movements like his can exist is the constant creation of new enemies, to divert attention away from the fact that he has no actual, viable policies anywhere else. Right now it's "big government" a.k.a. Tha Man, Man, but of course that won't work any more when he becomes the government himself. Then, he'll need a new enemy to focus attention away from himself. Korea is too much of a laughing stock, but Iran will do just fine.
  12. 14 Mar '15 19:03
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    What makes you think this undermines Rand Paul's intended foreign policy? Are you assuming he will want peace with Iran? Why? It wouldn't serve him at all. The only way movements like his can exist is the constant creation of new enemies, to divert attention away from the fact that he has no actual, viable policies anywhere else. Right now it's "big gov ...[text shortened]... attention away from himself. Korea is too much of a laughing stock, but Iran will do just fine.
    Peace with Iran at the cost of giving them nukes. Well said Nevvil, well said.
  13. 14 Mar '15 21:40
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    What makes you think this undermines Rand Paul's intended foreign policy? Are you assuming he will want peace with Iran? Why? It wouldn't serve him at all. The only way movements like his can exist is the constant creation of new enemies, to divert attention away from the fact that he has no actual, viable policies anywhere else. Right now it's "big gov ...[text shortened]... attention away from himself. Korea is too much of a laughing stock, but Iran will do just fine.
    "What makes you think this undermines Rand Paul's intended foreign policy?"

If he is working for the man like I think he is it wouldn't. My point is that if Rand was being his own man he would never do this.
    Are you implying that making peace with Iran is the only thing that will be able to be obstructed by congress? Seems like a slippery slope to me.
  14. 15 Mar '15 10:37
    Peace with Iran at the cost of giving them nukes. Well said Nevvil, well said.
    Hey, it's not my policy, George Lincoln, it's your hero Rand Paul's.

Also, Iran has nukes the same way Hussein had those chemical ICBMs.
  15. 15 Mar '15 10:45
    "What makes you think this undermines Rand Paul's intended foreign policy?"

If he is working for the man like I think he is it wouldn't. My point is that if Rand was being his own man he would never do this.
    You are pitiably deluded if you think anyone in or seeking power, not just in politics but in all walks of life, is ever completely his own man. At best, they all want to become Tha Man without realising it themselves; at worst, they do realise it. But they're all part of Tha Man, you are part of Tha Man just though posting to the internet, and nobody is completely free from control by others who is not also free from control by his pulse.

In this particular case, if Rand Paul wants to get elected he needs an enemy, and Iran will serve; if he doesn't want to get elected, then he needs to stop pretending and get out of the race. But in either case, he's still working within the system, and therefore working for Tha Man - as are you.