Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 21:39
    Another piece proving there is absolutely nothing wrong with the police in the US.

http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/video-cops-tasering-handcuffed-man-20-times/

some (you know who you are) will just see "black lives matter" and dismiss it. that is unavoidable. this is for the other americans. the ones who need to get out of their apathy and do something, anything.

the msnbc is here
    YouTube

the man was handcuffed. he was tasered anyway. and while convulsing from the first tasing, he was tased again and again. this was torture. this was murder.
    something nice happened after this though: the three officers (abstaining from calling them murderers yet) involved got promoted. that's sweet.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 23:22
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Another piece proving there is absolutely nothing wrong with the police in the US.

http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matter/video-cops-tasering-handcuffed-man-20-times/

some (you know who you are) will just see "black lives matter" and dismiss it. that is unavoidable. this is for the other americans. the ones who need to get out of their apathy and do ...[text shortened]... three officers (abstaining from calling them murderers yet) involved got promoted. that's sweet.
    It appears that someone was taser happy. No guns involved.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 02:31

some (you know who you are) will just see "black lives matter" and dismiss it. that is unavoidable. this is for the other americans. the ones who need to get out of their apathy and do ...[text shortened]... three officers (abstaining from calling them murderers yet) involved got promoted. that's sweet.
    Looks like the family wants to get rich quick over the death of their useless trash relative. Give me a break! This guy was never going to be worth $25m.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 02:37
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Looks like the family wants to get rich quick over the death of their useless trash relative. Give me a break! This guy was never going to be worth $25m.
    can you grasp the concept of punitive damages?

because obviously you can't grasp the concept of human decency and how there is none to be found when scum put in a position of power taser a handcuffed human being 20 times.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 02:482 edits

because obviously you can't grasp the concept of human decency and how there is none to be found when scum put in a position of power taser a handcuffed human being 20 times.
    I understand the concept, but don't agree with it. It is probably why things like law enforcement and medicine cost so much.

I read your link, and didn't see 20 times. I saw repeatedly, and that was at the hospital, and the arrested man didn't croak until he was released and arrived from the hospital to jail. If anyone was to blame for this man's death, besides himself, it would be the hospital, who judged him healthy enough to be sent to jail.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 03:27

U.S. Uncut ?! Please ! 🙄
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 05:57

The extra tasering was not called for, but he died of cocaine overdose. The main mistake of the officers was not to continue to take him into the hospital while they were there. His panic action was just one of the symptoms of cocaine overdose, which the officers did not understand. They apparently thought he was going to be a danger to the medical professionals in the hospital if they proceeded to take him inside.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 06:181 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The extra tasering was not called for, but he died of cocaine overdose. The main mistake of the officers was not to continue to take him into the hospital while they were there. His panic action was just one of the symptoms of cocaine overdose, which the officers did not understand. They apparently thought he was going to be a danger to the medical professionals in the hospital if they proceeded to take him inside.
    In the US do they handcuff people with their hands in front of them (standard practice in the UK) or behind them? If the latter it is difficult to see how he could have been a significant danger to medical staff. I only have the information from this thread, but this strikes me as a major policy failure. Police officers really should have training in and a procedure for coping with this type of behaviour from offenders. They appear not to have had one as tasering him repeatedly cannot possibly be standard procedure.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 06:392 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    In the US do they handcuff people with their hands in front of them (standard practice in the UK) or behind them? If the latter it is difficult to see how he could have been a significant danger to medical staff. I only have the information from this thread, but this strikes me as a major policy failure. Police officers really should have train ...[text shortened]... ear not to have had one as tasering him repeatedly cannot possibly be standard procedure.
    They have a lot of training. But many of them learn more as they gain experience. The new police officers have many things to remember and procedures change from time to time.

This could be a failure in training or a failure for these officers to understand what they do under the circumstances. They seemed to exhibit a herd mentally by using the taser to continue to taser even when it should have become clear that he was not able to comply to their commands.

I was surprised to not hear that at least some of these officers were reprimanded. The news media made it sound like three of the officers were promoted for this action if i heard it correctly.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 10:52
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    In the US do they handcuff people with their hands in front of them (standard practice in the UK) or behind them? If the latter it is difficult to see how he could have been a significant danger to medical staff. I only have the information from this thread, but this strikes me as a major policy failure. Police officers really should have train ...[text shortened]... ear not to have had one as tasering him repeatedly cannot possibly be standard procedure.
    In the u.s. it is standard procedure to be cuffed from behind.

When the cops first put him in the cruiser they said words to the effect "calm down, you are not under arrest, we're just taking you to the hospital..."

If that's the case why the hell is he cuffed then ?! The cops messed this up from the get go as they often do and use excessive force. And the messed up thing is they are almost always "justified" to act that way. Which I totally disagree with.

Its not a racial thing. They do this to men, woman and children of any color.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 13:46
    Might as well say "man tasered 20 times who had breakfast that morning died".
    He died of a massive drug overdose.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 19:24
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Reminds me of the Malice Green case years ago in Detroit. A highly intoxicated coke head is on the edge all the time, and can croak at any time.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 19:28
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    In the u.s. it is standard procedure to be cuffed from behind.

When the cops first put him in the cruiser they said words to the effect "calm down, you are not under arrest, we're just taking you to the hospital..."

If that's the case why the hell is he cuffed then ?! The cops messed this up from the get go as they often do and use excessive for ...[text shortened]... disagree with.

Its not a racial thing. They do this to men, woman and children of any color.
    It is quite common that people are cuffed, but not arrested, often for their own safety. This would be especially true of people thought to be cocaine addicted. Sometimes cops will cuff people in front, when they aren't arrested, but are restrained for their own safety.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 02:511 edit
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I believe they said there were 20 taser discharges. That does not mean he actually received the force of 20 taser. It is believed to be a lesser number than that the man actually received.

There seems to be some trigger happy cops, one of which was a women.