Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52853
    12 Jun '18 21:20
    What a joke. A sick one for sure. Strump doesn't even know he has been played. To say nothing of dissing our allies and getting in bed with enemies.
    Not a word about the million prisoners in NK or the fact Un has killed his own relatives and top generals and such to maintain power. And the bit with bombing the tunnels, what a laugh. We already knew their test site had self destructed and were not usable so they just made a huge show out of blowing up tunnels which can be easily dug up again.

    There is ZERO way Un is going to give up nukes or the science behind them like the thousands of uranium enrichment centrifuges.
  2. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    12 Jun '18 21:24
    How many threads can we dedicate to hating the president for bringing a rogue, terrorist state and nuclear power to the negotiating table?

    I suppose status-quo is the only thing some people can be satisfied with. The world was in such great shape until Trump ruined everything.
  3. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    12 Jun '18 21:25
    And as we recall, Reagan was similarly attacked when he negotiated with Gorbachev. What a horror that turned out to be.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52853
    12 Jun '18 21:251 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    How many threads can we dedicate to hating the president for bringing a rogue, terrorist state and nuclear power to the negotiating table?

    I suppose status-quo is the only thing some people can be satisfied with. The world was in such great shape until Trump ruined everything.
    What do you think will happen when it is proven to just be another ruse by Un? He is not going to give up shyte. And you know it.

    Look at this timeline:

    https://www.cnn.com/2013/10/29/world/asia/north-korea-nuclear-timeline---fast-facts/index.html

    What makes you think this time will be any different?
  5. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    12 Jun '18 21:34
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    What do you think will happen when it is proven to just be another ruse by Un? He is not going to give up shyte. And you know it.

    Look at this timeline:

    https://www.cnn.com/2013/10/29/world/asia/north-korea-nuclear-timeline---fast-facts/index.html

    What makes you think this time will be any different?
    You're speculating. Calm down. I know you want the negotiations to fail. Hell, you'd probably prefer nuclear war over Trump succeeding at something.
  6. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22123
    12 Jun '18 22:26
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    And as we recall, Reagan was similarly attacked when he negotiated with Gorbachev. What a horror that turned out to be.
    I'm sorry Sir.
    Donald Trump is no Ronald Reagan.
  7. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    12 Jun '18 22:27
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    I'm sorry Sir.
    Donald Trump is no Ronald Reagan.
    Never said he was.
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138599
    12 Jun '18 23:102 edits
    Overheard by the translators …….

    Trump: You're a funny guy.
    Kim: what do you mean ?
    Trump: You're a funny guy.
    Kim: What ? I'm a clown ? I amuse you ?
    Trump: You know. I like how you tell a story.
    Kim: No I don't know.
    Trump: You know. That story about shutting down your nuclear program.
    Kim: How the f*&k am I funny ?
    Trump: OK, OK. I will end the war games !!
    Kim: LOL. Had you going there. You may crack under pressure !!
    (laughter amongst translators)
    Trump: (nervous laughter)
    Kim: Now you're a funny guy !!
    Trump: Thank you.

    😀😀😀😀😀😀
  9. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19345
    12 Jun '18 23:55
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    What a joke. A sick one for sure. Strump doesn't even know he has been played. To say nothing of dissing our allies and getting in bed with enemies.
    Not a word about the million prisoners in NK or the fact Un has killed his own relatives and top generals and such to maintain power. And the bit with bombing the tunnels, what a laugh. We already knew their ...[text shortened]... o give up nukes or the science behind them like the thousands of uranium enrichment centrifuges.
    So you are kind of a conservative guy and treat these sorts of meetings with skepticism, right?

    What was your position on hte Iraq war and the Obama Iran deal?
  10. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    12 Jun '18 23:55
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    What a joke. A sick one for sure. Strump doesn't even know he has been played. To say nothing of dissing our allies and getting in bed with enemies.
    Not a word about the million prisoners in NK or the fact Un has killed his own relatives and top generals and such to maintain power. And the bit with bombing the tunnels, what a laugh. We already knew their ...[text shortened]... o give up nukes or the science behind them like the thousands of uranium enrichment centrifuges.
    It's much too early to assess what, if anything, the Kim-Trump summit will achieve in the long run.
    The obsessive hatred of Donald Trump should NOT provoke extremely premature judgments.
  11. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    13 Jun '18 00:591 edit
    It's much too early to assess what, if anything, the Kim-Trump summit will achieve in the long run.

    As far as I have noticed, about every American writer here has reacted in an entirely partisan way.
    Both the critics and supporters of Donald Trump have shown their extreme prejudices.
    And I expect both partisan sides to hate me for telling them that they lack objectivity.
  12. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    13 Jun '18 01:151 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    It's much too early to assess what, if anything, the Kim-Trump summit will achieve in the long run.

    As far as I have noticed, about every American writer here has reacted in an entirely partisan way.
    Both the critics and supporters of Donald Trump have shown their extreme prejudices.
    And I expect both partisan sides to hate me for telling them that they lack objectivity.
    I have only gone as far as to say we have made a positive step in the right direction. Getting Un to the table is an accomplishment. Aside from that, all I have done--similar to what you have observed--is fend off the knee-jerk reactionary pundit Trump-hating lynch mob who swears this was the worst "deal" in the history of mankind (though no deal has been struck).
  13. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    13 Jun '18 02:23
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I have only gone as far as to say we have made a positive step in the right direction. Getting Un to the table is an accomplishment. Aside from that, all I have done--similar to what you have observed--is fend off the knee-jerk reactionary pundit Trump-hating lynch mob who swears this was the worst "deal" in the history of mankind (though no deal has been struck).
    Does Tom Wolsey believe that it's premature to recommend Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize?
  14. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    13 Jun '18 03:48
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Does Tom Wolsey believe that it's premature to recommend Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize?
    Absolutely.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    13 Jun '18 04:06
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I have only gone as far as to say we have made a positive step in the right direction. Getting Un to the table is an accomplishment. Aside from that, all I have done--similar to what you have observed--is fend off the knee-jerk reactionary pundit Trump-hating lynch mob who swears this was the worst "deal" in the history of mankind (though no deal has been struck).
    Kim or any of the previous NK leaders would have been overjoyed with a summit with the POTUS, so if It's an "accomplishment" It's one for them.

    Do you think it was wise for Trump to cancel joint military exercises with South Korea without even discussing the matter with that country?
Back to Top