Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 13 Feb '11 03:22
    TheBloop posted this at no1m in another thread, but i thought it was interesting enough for its own thread.

there's three sets of questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8
  2. 13 Feb '11 03:24
    Did we go back in time to 2008??

I'm sure this has already had a thread dedicated to it.
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Feb '11 03:43
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    TheBloop posted this at no1m in another thread, but i thought it was interesting enough for its own thread.

Would you mind just posting what the questions are or at least a summary of them here?
  4. 13 Feb '11 04:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you mind just posting what the questions are or at least a summary of them here?
    spoiler alert!
  5. 13 Feb '11 04:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    summary, because i don't remember all of them.

set 1)

what party controls congress?

set 2)

who is nancy pelosi? who is harry reid? who is barney frank?

set 3)

which party spent $150,000 on their candidates' wardrobe?

(preface: Palin's actual quote re able to see Russia from Alaska and Fey's parody re I can see Alaska from my house!)

which candidate can see Russia from their house?
  6. 13 Feb '11 04:10
    guess which set(s) the Democratic voters answered correctly.
  7. 13 Feb '11 04:10
    the point made in the intro of the video being: how did the Media prepare Democratic voters to vote?
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Feb '11 04:26 / 1 edit
    the point made in the intro of the video being: how did the Media prepare Democratic voters to vote?
    But hasn't the same "Media" also "prepared" a disturbingly high proportion of Republican voters to think that Obama is not a Christian but is a Muslim instead?
  9. 13 Feb '11 04:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    But hasn't the same "Media" also "prepared" a disturbingly high proportion of Republican voters to think that Obama is not a Christian but is a Muslim instead?
    Even Bill Maher says that Obama's not a Christian...which makes sense, since if Obama WAS a Christian, Maher would hate his guts, which he doesn't.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/02/12/maher_questions_obamas_christianity_i_just_dont_believe_it.html

Obama also claims to hear the voices of the Muslim Brotherhood, but also claims he never heard the words of Jeremiah Wright during the 20 years he supposedly attended Wrights "church".
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Feb '11 04:56
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    Even Bill Maher says that Obama's not a Christian...which makes sense, since if Obama WAS a Christian, Maher would hate his guts, which he doesn't.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/02/12/maher_questions_obamas_christianity_i_just_dont_believe_it.html

Obama also claims to hear the voices of the Muslim Brotherhood, but also claims he never h ...[text shortened]... rd the words of Jeremiah Wright during the 20 years he supposedly attended Wrights "church".
    So you're saying, yes, the same "Media" HAS also "prepared" a disturbingly high proportion of Republican voters - along with Bill Maher, perhaps, too - to think that Obama is not a Christian but is a Muslim instead.
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Feb '11 05:02

It's amusing that right wing clowns here are under the impression that I voted for Obama despite the fact that I've stated unequivocally I didn't several times on this forum. Another belief of theirs that's impervious to reality.
  12. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    13 Feb '11 05:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's amusing that right wing clowns here are under the impression that I voted for Obama despite the fact that I've stated unequivocally I didn't several times on this forum. Another belief of theirs that's impervious to reality.
    Yes no1 was far too sensible to vote for that moderate poser He joined 144,286 other sensible souls and voted for real change.
  13. 13 Feb '11 06:10
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Yes no1 was far too sensible to vote for that moderate poser He joined 144,286 other sensible souls and voted for real change.
    True, if Marauder had his way we would all be living in a commune speaking Arabic by now.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Feb '11 06:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    True, if Marauder had his way we would all be living in a commune speaking Arabic by now.
    You remain an ignorant A-hole.

You should be living in an asylum.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Feb '11 06:29
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    The interesting part is that when you look at the polls, most people agree with the policy prescriptions of the Left. The Greens are actually "mainstream" if you consider what most people want.