Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 13 Jun '16 03:46
    https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2016/06/12/orlando-night-club-attack-by-known-wolf-terrorist-previously-investigated-by-fbi/

So what do you do with an Imam who says that killing gays is done out of compassion because they are an abomination to Allah?
  2. 13 Jun '16 06:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2016/06/12/orlando-night-club-attack-by-known-wolf-terrorist-previously-investigated-by-fbi/

So what do you do with an Imam who says that killing gays is done out of compassion because they are an abomination to Allah?
    You disagree with him.
  3. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    13 Jun '16 06:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You disagree with him.
    There are going to be all sorts of people trying to get some mileage out of this horrendous act.

Your post is an example of the lowest kind.
  4. 13 Jun '16 06:35
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    There are going to be all sorts of people trying to get some mileage out of this horrendous act.

What "mileage" I am getting by saying I disagree with this imam?
  5. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    13 Jun '16 06:44 / 1 edit
    What "mileage" I am getting by saying I disagree with this imam?
    So when you say "You disagree with him"

You are in fact stating "I (KN) disagree with him."

?????

While replying/quoting whodey's post.

?????
  6. 13 Jun '16 08:05

you ignore him, just as you ignore the westboro baptist church and the kkk

you have, after all, a free country, right? or free speech is only free for the right kind of people?
  7. 13 Jun '16 10:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you ignore him, just as you ignore the westboro baptist church and the kkk

you have, after all, a free country, right? or free speech is only free for the right kind of people?
    The Imam is encouraging more of this sort of killings.

Is that protected under the First Amendment?

I think that if most Christians were asked what they thought of such groups as the KKK and Westboro Baptists, the results would not be favorable.

Conversely, It think that if you asked most Muslims in the Middle East what they thought of this particular statement about gays, they would probably agree.
  8. 13 Jun '16 14:00

I think that if most Christians were asked what they thought of such groups as the KKK and Westboro Baptists, the results would not be favorable.

Conversely, It think that if you asked most Muslims in the Middle East what they thought of this particular statement about gays, they would probably agree.
    "The Imam is encouraging more of this sort of killings."
    i can't restate free speech limitations every time it is brought up. if you can prove he is actively and directly using his influence to determine others to commit crimes, then yes he is up for some jail fun time. until then, you can't jail someone for being a disgusting human being while exercising his right to free speech.
  9. 13 Jun '16 14:05

"Conversely, It think that if you asked most Muslims in the Middle East"
    yes, do specify the exact geographic area, otherwise your argument would fall short.
    yes, if you asked certain christians in US Redneckia, they would also believe gays are abomination.
    if however you would ask muslims in turkey or non-insane christians, you would get a different answer.

for the n-th time, you don't paint a religion of over 1 billion with the same brush you use for Isis and talibans and al-qaeda, just as you don't judge christians for KKK, westboro baptists or the lunatics that shot black churches or planned parenthood.
  10. 13 Jun '16 14:37
    there is hate in the US towards gays. you constantly flaunt it: don't let gays get married, allow people to not hire or fire gays, don't allow them to serve. whenever you make progress, there are millions pushing back.

In this environment, one disturbed sack of hate decided to get a gun and end other people's lives. Was islam a part of this lunatic decision making? Yes it was. To claim however that islam is to blame for this kind of hate is to forget that christianity also preaches the killing of gay men and hateful scum calling themselves christians also carry out those teachings. One also forgets the vast majority of christians and the vast majority of muslims that don't kill gays.

The things these killers have in common is them being disturbed and being allowed to do incredible damage by a criminal gun fetish the americans have.

When will it be enough? After Sandy Hook (what was it, 20 children dead?) you relaxed gun control instead of tighten it. Now 50 are dead and you complain about the dangers of islam.
  11. 13 Jun '16 15:02
    So when you say "You disagree with him"

You are in fact stating "I (KN) disagree with him."

?????

While replying/quoting whodey's post.

?????
    Whodey asks: "what do you [does one] do with the imam [...]"

I reply: "you [one] disagree[s] with him."
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Jun '16 17:04

Since your Holy Book says that gays should be executed the same thing as should be done about you I suppose.
  13. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    13 Jun '16 18:35
    Whodey asks: "what do you [does one] do with the imam [...]"

I reply: "you [one] disagree[s] with him."
    Above all else be true to thine own self.
  14. 13 Jun '16 20:21 / 1 edit

Texas Lieutenant Governor's Dan Patrick, a Christian, said of the victims in Orlando:
    "God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.", insinuating that the victims
    deserved their fate as a form of divine retribution against their sins of being homosexuals.

So I suppose that the devout Christian Dan Patrick could ask this imam for his moral endorsement.
  15. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    13 Jun '16 20:31

Why is this protest not addressed to Whodey and his opening post???