Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 07:432 edits
    From boasting about the size of his (you know what) on national television to releasing records of his high testosterone levels, President Trump’s rhetoric and behavior exude machismo. This behavior has appealed to insecure men on the most basic level. The political process provides a way that fragile men can reaffirm their masculinity. By supporting tough politicians and policies, men can reassure others (and themselves) of their own manliness.

I've witnessed this myself folks, in watching and listening to these insecure creatures in barbershops, grocery stores, and elsewhere. The stereotypical Trump supporter is average height or less, boots with little elevator heels, 4 wheel drive pickup trucks with NRA stickers, complete with snarky little messages such as "you can have my gun, BULLETS FIRST!" They're frequently overweight, suffer from erectile dysfunction, and have trouble attracting women. Most Trump supporters here will deny this of course, but they deep down inside they know it's true.

I feel sorry for them.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2018/11/insecure-men-were-a-big-trump-demographic-in-2016/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/11/29/how-donald-trump-appeals-to-men-secretly-insecure-about-their-manhood/?utm_term=.21eeb189bdd5
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 07:54
    @mchill said
    From boasting about the size of his (you know what) on national television to releasing records of his high testosterone levels, President Trump’s rhetoric and behavior exude machismo. This behavior has appealed to insecure men on the most basic level. The political process provides a way that fragile men can reaffirm their masculinity. By supporting tough politicians and poli ...[text shortened]... /11/29/how-donald-trump-appeals-to-men-secretly-insecure-about-their-manhood/?utm_term=.21eeb189bdd5
    Completely. Spot. On.

On the other hand, women like me are thankful to these men for so blatantly taking themselves out of the evolutionary race.
  3. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 07:57
    @suzianne said
    Completely. Spot. On.

On the other hand, women like me are thankful to these men for so blatantly taking themselves out of the evolutionary race.
    Exactly.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 13:061 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    Exactly.
    I predict this thread will be short-lived.

Unless we can come up with a bunch of un-PC “short” jokes.
  5. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 13:14
    @js357 said
    I predict this thread will be short-lived.

Unless we can come up with a bunch of un-PC “short” jokes.
    How succinct.