Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    16 Oct '16 21:00 / 2 edits
    This topic belongs in the spirituality section, but I'm tired of reading endless posts about the election, so thought this would be a nice change of pace. This is a theory of mine that few people have spoken of:

* It is possible God spoke to the Jews through the Torah and the prophet Moses

* It is possible that God Spoke to the Arab world through the Quran and the Prophet Mohammed.

* It is possible that God spoke to the Gentiles through the New Testament and the Prophet Jesus.

And all of this, came from the same God. Is it possible?
  2. 16 Oct '16 21:04
    Originally posted by mchill
    This topic belongs in the spirituality section, but I'm tired of reading endless posts about the election, so thought this would be a nice change of pace. This is a theory of mine that few people have spoken of:

* It is possible God spoke to the Jews through the Torah and the profit Moses

* It is possible that God Spoke to the Arab and African tribes th ...[text shortened]... New Testament and the Profit Jesus.

"...the profit Moses ... the Profit Mohammed ... the Profit Jesus..."
    --Mchill

Is Mchill attempting (I doubt it) a sarcastic link between religion and capitalism?
    Or is Mchill ignorant of the distinction between 'profit' and 'prophet'?
  3. 16 Oct '16 23:10

* It is possible that God Spoke to the Arab world through the Qu ...[text shortened]... New Testament and the Prophet Jesus.

No because there is no invisible all powerful being.
  4. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    16 Oct '16 23:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "...the profit Moses ... the Profit Mohammed ... the Profit Jesus..."
    --Mchill

Is Mchill attempting (I doubt it) a sarcastic link between religion and capitalism?
    Or is Mchill ignorant of the distinction between 'profit' and 'prophet'?
    sorry, you read this before I had a chance to correct it. 1000 pardons please
  5. 16 Oct '16 23:48 / 2 edits
    sorry, you read this before I had a chance to correct it. 1000 pardons please
    Does Mchill claim that he was soon going to look up 'profit' in a dictionary?
    I doubt it. I believe that Mchill was completely ignorant of his blatant errors.
    Mchill would have corrected nothing unless I called attention to his errors.
  6. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    17 Oct '16 01:03
    I find spelling errors irritating too, but I don't feel the need to cause more irritation to others by repetitively pointing these out.
  7. 17 Oct '16 02:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    No because there is no invisible all powerful being.
    George Soros is actually working on becoming invisible.

Then he can declare himself god.

Let's face it, the man is too rich to ever die.
  8. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    17 Oct '16 03:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    George Soros is actually working on becoming invisible.

Then he can declare himself god.

Let's face it, the man is too rich to ever die.
    You misspelled 'the Koch brothers'.
  9. 17 Oct '16 07:32 / 1 edit

* It is possible that God Spoke to the Arab world through the Qu ...[text shortened]... New Testament and the Prophet Jesus.

Matt 19:16 But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

So at least for one of the Abrahamic religions, yes, and would either of the other two claim any less?

But in the spirit of this forum, Trump says, "Only I can fix it."
  10. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    17 Oct '16 14:23 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Does Mchill claim that he was soon going to look up 'profit' in a dictionary?
    I doubt it. I believe that Mchill was completely ignorant of his blatant errors.
    Mchill would have corrected nothing unless I called attention to his errors.
    You are 100% correct oh wise one. I grovel in your presence your highness for having misspelled one word. I grovel with humility.
  11. 17 Oct '16 16:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You misspelled 'the Koch brothers'.
    I thought the Koch Brothers endorsed Hillary.

https://off-guardian.org/2016/07/22/koch-brothers-now-supporting-hillary-clinton/
  12. 17 Oct '16 16:23

https://off-guardian.org/2016/07/22/koch-brothers-now-supporting-hillary-clinton/
    "Mostly false."

http://www.snopes.com/koch-brothers-officially-endorse-hillary-clinton/
  13. 17 Oct '16 16:27
    Originally posted by JS357
    "Mostly false."

http://www.snopes.com/koch-brothers-officially-endorse-hillary-clinton/
    There again, more right wing lies.

When will it end?
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '16 16:28

Unsurprisingly you are wrong or deliberately lying:

In a television interview in April, Charles Koch called Clinton and Trump "terrible role models" and trashed Trump's "monstrous" proposal for a temporary ban of foreign Muslims entering the U.S.

In the months since, while many Republicans flipped back and forth as to whether to support their nominee, the Kochs never considered engaging in a Trump-Clinton match, even when some donors pressed them at a conference in August.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/koch-brothers-network-focusing-gop-senate-not-trump-075050476--election.html

They are spending $250 million to support Republican Senators in close elections this year.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    17 Oct '16 16:29
    There again, more right wing lies.

When will it end?
    Good question; when will you realize the moral wrongness of constantly lying on this forum?