Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 20:40
    Hero of free thought and rationalism, or trampler of minorities?
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 20:49
    Originally posted by @uzless
    Which minority?
    How?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 22:07
    Right wing flavour of the month.
  4. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Jul '18 22:37
    Neither.

He's like a moderate right Deist intellectual that is showered with attention and praise because the far left has taken over the official narrative on all social issues.

He's great, though, in the sense that he's all we have and he doesn't do a bad job.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 05:24
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Neither.

He's like a moderate right Deist intellectual that is showered with attention and praise because the far left has taken over the official narrative on all social issues.

He's great, though, in the sense that he's all we have and he doesn't do a bad job.
    He is one of those right wing dummies who seem to believe that you can't have morality without (a?) god.

YouTube

But right wingers suck it up and smile while sucking. They're easily wooed.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 07:13
    As someone who is actually opposed to imposed political correctness, I have to say the man gets on my tits.

He’s an annoying right-wing moron, who’s on a crusade and can’t see the difference between saying anything you want, politeness and hatred.

I saw him on a debate. Stephen Fry was on his side of the debate and even then he distanced himself from the man.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 07:26
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    He is one of those right wing dummies who seem to believe that you can't have morality without (a?) god.

[youtube]wwi9Q9apHGI[/youtube]

But right wingers suck it up and smile while sucking. They're easily wooed.
    I don't see where you drew that conclusion from, any atheist might ask a similar question to which the vid ends. The god botherers base their morality on what a god supposedly decreed, what would happen if that were suddenly gone?
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 07:27
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    As someone who is actually opposed to imposed political correctness, I have to say the man gets on my tits.

He’s an annoying right-wing moron, who’s on a crusade and can’t see the difference between saying anything you want, politeness and hatred.

I saw him on a debate. Stephen Fry was on his side of the debate and even then he distanced himself from the man.
    What is 'right wing' about Peterson?
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 08:00
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    What is 'right wing' about Peterson?
    His anti-Marxism rubbish, for example. His claims that women have not been oppressed throughout history. His claims about white privalige and Islamophobia.

From the Guardian:
    o, what does Peterson actually believe? He bills himself as “a classic British liberal” whose focus is the psychology of belief. Much of what he says is familiar: marginalised groups are infantilised by a culture of victimhood and offence-taking; political correctness threatens freedom of thought and speech; ideological orthodoxy undermines individual responsibility. You can read this stuff any day of the week and perhaps agree with some of it. However, Peterson goes further, into its most paranoid territory. His bete noire is what he calls “postmodern neo-Marxism” or “cultural Marxism”. In a nutshell: having failed to win the economic argument, Marxists decided to infiltrate the education system and undermine western values with “vicious, untenable and anti-human ideas”, such as identity politics, that will pave the road to totalitarianism.
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 08:12
    His anti-Marxism rubbish, for example. His claims that women have not been oppressed throughout history. His claims about white privalige and Islamophobia.

From the Guardian:
    o, what does Peterson actually believe? He bills himself as “a classic British liberal” whose focus is the psychology of belief. Much of what he says is familiar: marginalised gr ...[text shortened]... le and anti-human ideas”, such as identity politics, that will pave the road to totalitarianism.
    Being anti-marxist does not by default make one 'right wing'. So cross that one off your list.

shavimir logic 🙄

Can you quote him denying that women have been oppressed. That's a bold claim....by you. I'm thinking if you could come up with a quote it will be out of context but I invite you to give some basis to this claim...of yours.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 08:30

From the Guardian:
    o, what does Peterson actually believe? He bills himself as “a classic British liberal” whose focus is the psychology of belief. Much of what he says is familiar: marginalised gr ...[text shortened]... le and anti-human ideas”, such as identity politics, that will pave the road to totalitarianism.
    Might be easier for you to start with a definition of 'right wing' then we can try to apply it it to people in reality.

Clue: 'right wing' is not defined solely by being an 'anti marxist' because that makes all sane people and nearly the entire world 'right wing'.
  12. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 14:10
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Might be easier for you to start with a definition of 'right wing' then we can try to apply it it to people in reality.

Clue: 'right wing' is not defined solely by being an 'anti marxist' because that makes all sane people and nearly the entire world 'right wing'.
    You ask me for a definition of right wing, then go and spout your opinion on it.
    Well, since you've started, please feel free to continue.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 17:43
    I don't see this guy as being right or left.

But I guess he needs to be labelled.
    Polarization lives on.

As for me, I believe in a free market Capitalist system.
    I don't believe in religion.

What does that make me ?
    Take yer pick.
    And take yer shots !! 😀
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Jul '18 23:25
    You ask me for a definition of right wing, then go and spout your opinion on it.
    Well, since you've started, please feel free to continue.
    The floor is yours shav.

We can expect some cracks about trailer trash and some ripped off Yo mama jokes no doubt.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '18 16:11
    YouTube

He is a pretentious windbag who uses 20 words where 5 would do who sometimes spouts some actually dangerous ideas.