Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 12:00
    A very interesting article from Schlicter:

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/07/23/conservatives-reject-unilateral-disarmament-in-the-face-of-liberal-social-fascism-n2502684

Here is an excerpt:

We are not better than that, and this is who we are. We’re fighting back, no matter how much and how shrilly the Fredocons complain. We’re Normal Americans and we’re done being the guests of honor at the liberals’ witch burnings.

Case in point, one James Gunn. He’s a tiresome lefty jerk who jumped on Twitter to cheer Rosanne’s recent defenestration by the SJW mob. Except it turns out he had a whole bunch of icky tweets from a decade ago lurking on the Interwebs, and some conservatives dug them up. Oops. He just had his pointy head stuck on a figurative pike and I just don’t care.

Not even a little. Not anymore.

Cultural war is hell, and I propose it be hell first and foremost on the liberals who started it.

I want people to be able to say what they want. I think it’s an awful idea to persecute folks for saying controversial stuff. I want people to not do that. But here’s the catch – I want all people not to do that, not just us conservatives.

Except I’ve been outvoted by people like the aforementioned James Gunn. He likes the idea of persecuting people for what they say. Well, he liked it. Now that he’s no longer directing the next space raccoon movie, he probably likes it a lot less. Weird how that works out. Yeah, the Lottery is loads of fun until you draw the slip of paper with the black spot.

I don’t like it, but the New Rules are what the New Rules are, and I propose we cram them down the left’s throat to make the foie gras of liberty.

See, we tried reasoning with the social fascists. We tried pointing out that free speech and an open exchange of ideas are vital to a society that values liberty. But it turns out that they don’t value liberty. They value power. Their own power.

Do you think that we see any of this here around the forum?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 12:37
    Originally posted by @philokalia

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/07/23/conservatives-reject-unilateral-disarmament-in-the-face-of-liberal-social-fascism-n2502684

Here is an excerpt:

We are not better than that, and this is who we are. We’re fighting back, no matter how much and how shrilly the Fredocons co ...[text shortened]... power. Their own power.

"Do you think that we see any of this here around the forum?"
    you mean in how some lost their jobs for obvious reasons? how they were sentenced to prison? sent to a gulag? how their posts got censored?

did anything like what i mentioned happened?

no. so i must ask, what are you talking about?
  3. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 13:44

Here is an excerpt:

We are not better than that, and this is who we are. We’re fighting back, no matter how much and how shrilly the Fredocons co ...[text shortened]... power. Their own power.

Good grief.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 14:04

Haven't you got some drying paint to watch?
  5. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 22:57
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    "Do you think that we see any of this here around the forum?"
    you mean in how some lost their jobs for obvious reasons? how they were sentenced to prison? sent to a gulag? how their posts got censored?

did anything like what i mentioned happened?

no. so i must ask, what are you talking about?
    I guess I would be more specifically referencing an uncompromising and cutthroat attitude toward political discussion as opposed to balanced, polite, reasoned discussion.

And these attitudes here, I am guessing, are reflective of the extreme positions people would take if given the opportunity to in real life.
  6. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 22:58
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Haven't you got some drying paint to watch?
    Are you implying the article was boring?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 00:52
    No, I was enquiring about any recent home decorating you have undertaken.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 01:33
    If it offends them or they disagree with it, they either burn it or refuse to read it.
  9. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 03:05
    Oddly enough, there's a lot going on.

I've got a whole new bedroom set and we got carried away and decided to also redecorate the living room. It has been quite a production with thousands & thousands of dollars invested...

And, before all the new stuff came, while we have cleared out much of the house, we had all of the walls redone...

It's been really exciting and it looks like everything will be wrapped up by Saturday night.

We're going to host a party probably in August. You are invited if you are in the area.
  10. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 08:51
    Hahaha
  11. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 08:52

I've got a whole new bedroom set and we got carried away and decided to also redecorate the living room. It has been quite a production with thousands & thousands of dollars invested...

And, before all the new stuff came, while we have cleared out much of the house, we had all of the walls redone...

It's b ...[text shortened]... ght.

We're going to host a party probably in August. You are invited if you are in the area.
    Nice come back!

Excellent wit-driven banter!
    Kuddo’s to both of you.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 10:27
    Ah, the "libruls are the real fascists!"-shtick again. Yawn.
  13. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 11:35
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Ah, the "libruls are the real fascists!"-shtick again. Yawn.
    Would you say that, in the 1950s, when there was the big red scare, and when homosexuals would be fired & hounded, there was some sort of conservaitve social Fascism going on?

Or how would you describe that?

You see where I'm going.
  14. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 14:35
    Would you say that, in the 1950s, when there was the big red scare, and when homosexuals would be fired & hounded, there was some sort of conservaitve social Fascism going on?

Or how would you describe that?

You see where I'm going.
    Nope.

There is a difference between haters and hating the haters.

Nazis killing jews is bad.
    People killing nazis killing jews... mwah...
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 19:52

We are currently redecorating the Playroom into a new bedroom
    (pink/violet/grey) for our oldest daughter so that she can move out
    of the nursery. Then we can move the youngest into the nursery.

Then perhaps I'll remember what a good night's sleep is.