Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 20:34
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: I don't agree with many of the things Mr. Tucker Carlson says on FOX News, but going to Mr. Carlson's home, and screaming insults at him and his wife is just plain stupid. President Trump has called the media "the enemy of the people" This is a direct attack on the 1st amendment rights of all Americans, and by extension, our Constitution itself. Just because President Trump does something stupid, does not mean you people have to go down the same rabbit hole. Whoever you people are, leave Mr. Tucker Carlson and his wife alone. They have just as much right to speak their mind as you do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/08/they-were-threatening-me-my-family-tucker-carlsons-home-targeted-by-protesters/
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 21:31
    @mchill said
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: I don't agree with many of the things Mr. Tucker Carlson says on FOX News, but going to Mr. Carlson's home, and screaming insults at him and his wife is just plain stupid. President Trump has called the media "the enemy of the people" This is a direct attack on the 1st amendment rights of all Americans, and by extension, our Constitution itself. Just be ...[text shortened]... om/nation/2018/11/08/they-were-threatening-me-my-family-tucker-carlsons-home-targeted-by-protesters/
    Agreed. Extremists on both sides often act inappropriately.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 21:35
    Certainly someone as vile as Tucker Carlson should be harassed, insulted and ostracized at every opportunity, but violence and threats of violence are a red line that should never be crossed.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 23:06
    @kazetnagorra said
    but violence and threats of violence are a red line that should never be crossed.
    ...except when forcing your dream feelings on your fellow man.

Then violence is A-Ok
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 07:491 edit
    @wajoma said
    ...except when forcing your dream feelings on your fellow man.

Then violence is A-Ok
    Oh? Do you really think so?

Hint: If you actually don't think so, then don't freaking say it. Words have consequences. Most adults learn this early.
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 19:381 edit
  7. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 21:55
    @mchill said
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: I don't agree with many of the things Mr. Tucker Carlson says on FOX News, but going to Mr. Carlson's home, and screaming insults at him and his wife is just plain stupid. President Trump has called the media "the enemy of the people" This is a direct attack on the 1st amendment rights of all Americans, and by extension, our Constitution itself. Just be ...[text shortened]... om/nation/2018/11/08/they-were-threatening-me-my-family-tucker-carlsons-home-targeted-by-protesters/
    This is one of those cases where I really wonder how this got five down votes.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '18 23:05
    To understand this event you must tell the truth
    The whole truth.

How Carlson is loved by white nationalists and outright nazis for helping them
    How Carlson is a hack who pushes lies and propaganda that hurts everyone.
    How Carlson is lying about what happened during that protest when there are videos disproving those lies and the police didn't press any charges (and what, right wingers, you will not trust the police?)

How Carlson is a genuinely bad person who until now didn't suffer any consequences or even minor inconveniences for him making the world a worse place whenever he speaks.

If you're defending Carlson without saying what kind of person he is and what actually happened there you are lying as well.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 01:04
    I don't condone the actions that were reported.

However, I do feel it would be appropriate if he was swatted on the side of the head with a rolled up newspaper.

He's already got the look like he just got swatted. 😛
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 22:34
    https://twitter.com/_Saeen_/status/1063571914734690304?s=19&fbclid=IwAR2Ks3qQK3zkr_hZkeNHifwcJEDGYUz6PpezM1aYdUCp9eZKS3_7qh8tPmA

"It's cool how commentators who've spent the past decade & a half defending use of torture, racial profiling & extrajudicial US military strikes suddenly start caring about "norms of human decency" as soon as one leftist burns a garbage can in front of Tucker Carlson's home."

https://samharris.org/in-defense-of-profiling/
    https://samharris.org/in-defense-of-torture/