Whether the story is true or not ......
    The Truth doesn't matter anymore? 😞
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 12:14
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    What a cute little monkey you are, following your buddy's errant path!
    The article is CLEARLY tongue-in-cheek, with only the format following anything remotely 'newsy.'
    Yet you and numbnuts jump ALL OVER it as though anyone thought the committee was seriously contemplating asking Obama to return the prize.
    There have been a dozen or so people whose acti ...[text shortened]... as a reminder of the gap between the ambitious promise of his words and his accomplishments.[/i]
    I really thought Justin Tuck, not Eli Manning, should have been MVP of Super Bowl XLII. But I've gotten over it.

There was sufficient complaining about Obama getting the Nobel prize back then to last an eternity given the trivial nature of the "issue",
  3. Germany
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 13:19
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The truth is false when uttered by "liberals."
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 18:03
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Of course Truth matters, the salient question is... matters to who?

Anyone can clearly see the difference between how Obama was pre-judged as a savior (nominated for peace prize 11 days after taking office) and how president elect Trump is now being pre-judged as a monster at the "Let's give Trump a year" thread.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 11:29
    Originally posted by lemon lime

Anyone can clearly see the difference between how Obama was pre-judged as a savior (nominated for peace prize 11 days after taking office) and how president elect Trump is now being pre-judged as a monster at the "Let's give Trump a year" thread.
    There are certain situations and scenarios--- along with temperaments and general life approach--- which allow outsiders a window into the soul of an individual, thereby affording a glimpse into their possible future actions.
    For instance, Barry Soetoro was a crack head who frequently had homosexual dalliances with multiple complete strangers.
    Unsure of his origins, his religion or even his own name, there was something about the way he handled another man's equipment which assured his handlers that he'd make an excellent community organizer, and--- with the right message on the teleprompter--- maybe even a serviceable Democratic president.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 13:00

I can assure you that no 'pre-judging' is involved. The fact is that both individuals were pretty well known at the time you claim they were being 'pre-judged'.
    The very fact that you are a Trump supporter suggests you know something about him and your continuous chant about him being unknown is ridiculous.
    I judge Trump to be a despicable based solely on his behaviour to date. Monster is probably the wrong word, and it is interesting that I have herd that term coming almost exclusively from his supporters. I think he is a self interested bumbling buffoon who will unintentionally wreak havok. I just hope that other nations see him the same way and ignore his behaviour. He is partly a victim of expectations which were raised by Obama. When Mugabe or the president of the Philippines say something stupid or rude, people just laugh it off. When the US president does it, it can cause major international tension.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 16:56
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    There are certain situations and scenarios--- along with temperaments and general life approach--- which allow outsiders a window into the soul of an individual, thereby affording a glimpse into their possible future actions.
    For instance, Barry Soetoro was a crack head who frequently had homosexual dalliances with multiple complete strangers.
    Unsure of ...[text shortened]... --- with the right message on the teleprompter--- maybe even a serviceable Democratic president.
    Sick... hateful... poisonous...

Words are inadequate to describe you.

Maybe we'll just flush you down the toilet.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 18:21
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Sick... hateful... poisonous...

Words are inadequate to describe you.

Maybe we'll just flush you down the toilet.
    Truth hurts that much, does it?
    You might want to have that looked at: sounds pretty serious.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 21:033 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I can assure you that no 'pre-judging' is involved. The fact is that both individuals were pretty well known at the time you claim they were being 'pre-judged'.
    The very fact that you are a Trump supporter suggests you know something about him and your continuous chant about him being unknown is ridiculous.
    I judge Trump to be a despicable based solely ...[text shortened]... ople just laugh it off. When the US president does it, it can cause major international tension.
    I won't waste my time dealing with each and every point you got wrong. Been there done that, and I don't intend to get suckered into following you down an endless rabbit hole again.
    But I am somewhat curious about this comment:
    ...your continuous chant about him being unknown is ridiculous.

I don't recall saying Trump is unknown, but you seem to recall my saying this so many times it sounds like a "continuous chant".
    Is your head an echo chamber?

The last part of your message sounds remarkably familiar:

I think he is a self interested bumbling buffoon who will unintentionally wreak havok. I just hope that other nations see him the same way and ignore his behaviour. He is partly a victim of expectations which were raised by *Obama*. When Mugabe or the president of the Philippines say something stupid or rude, people just laugh it off. When the US president does it, it can cause major international tension.

Replacing the word *Obama* with 'his supporters' nicely sums up the past 8 years.
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 21:592 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra to Lemon Lime
    Your attempts at salvaging the situation are more embarrassing than the initial mistake.
    Man up, admit your mistake, learn from it and move on.
    "*Man up*, admit your mistake, learn from it and move on."
    --KazetNagorra

So when will Whodey accuse KazetNagorra of sexism?

I believe that idioms such as 'Man up' or 'Be a man about it." are outdated and will
    fade from usage as more people become aware of their sexist connotations.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 22:211 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    --KazetNagorra

I believe that idioms such as 'Man up' or 'Be a man about it." are outdated and will

Good catch, I missed that too.

So, what do you have to say for yourself KN? Man up and admit you're a filthy sexist (male) piggy.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 22:28
    [b]So when will Whodey accuse KazetNagorra of sexism?

Good catch, I missed that too.

So, what do you have to say for yourself KN? Man up and admit you're a filthy sexist (male) piggy.[/b]
    In general, KazetNagorra has shown that he's not sexist in his posts about women's issues.
    I simply pointed out that he (like many men here) used an idiom increasingly regarded as sexist.
  13. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 22:34
    Keep the prize or give it back?

http://www.thefinaledition.com/article/nobel-committee-asks-obama-nicely-to-return-peace-prize.html
    it worked for me...LOL
    I was flabbergasted when he received it. I had no idea why he should have been considered, but I suppose he was a professional teleprompter reader...good enough to some drunk men... LOL
  14. Germany
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 22:47
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    --KazetNagorra

I'd say "man up" to people of any gender.

As for the evolution of English, we'll see. I think I have to work on my ludicrous accent first.
  15. Zugzwang
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 22:58
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I'd say "man up" to people of any gender.

As for the evolution of English, we'll see. I think I have to work on my ludicrous accent first.
    Some women would be annoyed, to say the least, if you told them to 'man up'.