Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    27 Oct '16 13:01
    ... in one profanity-laced but entertaining tirade.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/10/26/michael_moore_trump_victory_would_be_the_biggest_fk_you_recorded_in_human_history.html

I used to despise Michael Moore but I've changed my mind about him. I completely disagree with most of his political agenda, but I think he's a straight shooter who says what he honestly thinks and is fairly talented at doing it. While I hated Fahrenheit 911 and still think it's mostly BS propaganda, I did enjoy Sicko.

Anyway, I'm not one of the blue collar impoverished workers Moore is referring to in this piece and I'm honestly frightened by the prospect of a dim-wit like Trump being in charge of the world's most powerful country and its largest economy and I certainly have no intention of voting for the narcissistic windbag or his ethically-challenged opponent, this idea does shed a lot of light, IMHO, on the Trump phenomenon.
  2. 27 Oct '16 13:28
    Originally posted by sh76
    I certainly have no intention of voting for the narcissistic windbag or his ethically-challenged opponent
    It is time the US improved the electoral system so that you could add second choice on your ballot or some other system that made voting for a third candidate more viable. As it is, you know that your vote for a third party is really a vote in favour of whoever you dislike the most between the top two and I am torn between telling you to be proud and exercise your right to vote for whoever you like and urging you to please make sure Trump doesn't win by voting for someone you don't like.
  3. 27 Oct '16 13:40 / 1 edit
    ... this idea does shed a lot of light, IMHO, on the Trump phenomenon.
    I have been saying essentially the same thing as Michael Moore for quite some time. Lets hope US voters aren't all really that stupid (despite the evidence to the contrary seen on this forum where several posters exhibit the very emotions describe by Moore).
    Saying 'F-you' by shooting yourself in the foot is monumentally stupid, but it does happen. Zimbabwe's economic woes were in part caused by the local businesses deliberately sabotaging the economy in the belief that that would force Mugabe out of power. It did the opposite. It strengthened his position and harmed them.
  4. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    27 Oct '16 14:08
    And you think HC is the answer to fix everything?
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    27 Oct '16 14:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is time the US improved the electoral system so that you could add second choice on your ballot or some other system that made voting for a third candidate more viable. As it is, you know that your vote for a third party is really a vote in favour of whoever you dislike the most between the top two and I am torn between telling you to be proud and exer ...[text shortened]... like and urging you to please make sure Trump doesn't win by voting for someone you don't like.
    Parties need to be done away with, that's the problem. Voters should no longer be able to register as a party, and primaries should should vote on first and second choices, to narrow down the final candidates, in case there's a boatload like in the Republican primaries.

When parties are involved, it creates an "us" vs "them" mentality; people vote for their ideology rather than for a qualified candidate.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    27 Oct '16 14:19
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    And you think HC is the answer to fix everything?
    I'm not voting for Hillary, but to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, HC is not the answer to "everything" but she is the best answer to "How do we keep Trump out of power?" which is, at the very least, something.
  7. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    27 Oct '16 14:26
    I'm not voting for Hillary, but to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, HC is not the answer to "everything" but she is the best answer to "How do we keep Trump out of power?" which is, at the very least, something.
    I respectfully disagree. I think Trump to be the better choice, in fact so much so, I believe if he loses, repubs will never win again.
  8. 27 Oct '16 14:32
    Something? At the very least? What do you want? A saint? Forget about it. We are living in the real world where many people would be far, far better off with a Hillary and the accompanying political system than the leader and political system they have now.
  9. 27 Oct '16 16:07
    Originally posted by vivify
    Parties need to be done away with, that's the problem. Voters should no longer be able to register as a party, and primaries should should vote on first and second choices, to narrow down the final candidates, in case there's a boatload like in the Republican primaries.

When parties are involved, it creates an "us" vs "them" mentality; people vote for their ideology rather than for a qualified candidate.
    Actually the opposite is true. Personalities should be done away with. The US is one of those countries where personality is almost as, if not more important than policy.
    People should vote along party lines for ideology, and there should be well chosen leaders within those parties, but their unique personalities should not be as important as the policies they implement. When the majority of people don't even know who the party leader is, then you know you are winning.
    There should also be more focus on local elections and political education as that is where a lot of stuff currently goes ignored.
  10. 27 Oct '16 16:09
    I respectfully disagree. I think Trump to be the better choice, in fact so much so, I believe if he loses, repubs will never win again.
    Are you willing to discuss why you prefer Trump?
  11. 27 Oct '16 16:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    Something? At the very least? What do you want? A saint? Forget about it. We are living in the real world where many people would be far, far better off with a Hillary and the accompanying political system than the leader and political system they have now.
    I agree. The US is far from perfect, and not the best political system in the world, but also it is far from being the worst. It gets a lot of international criticism because it affects all of us even though we don't get to vote.
  12. 27 Oct '16 16:29
    "I think Trump to be the better choice"
    based on what? his experience governing? his talent to run business into the ground? his tax plan (what little there is of one)? his diplomatic skills?

what exactly about trump make him the better choice over someone who, despite her flaws, is an intelligent, qualified state person?
  13. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    27 Oct '16 18:06
    ... in one profanity-laced but entertaining tirade.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/10/26/michael_moore_trump_victory_would_be_the_biggest_fk_you_recorded_in_human_history.html

I used to despise Michael Moore but I've changed my mind about him. I completely disagree with most of his political agenda, but I think he's a straight shooter who say ...[text shortened]... thically-challenged opponent, this idea does shed a lot of light, IMHO, on the Trump phenomenon.
    So he's a "straight shooter" who disseminates "BS propaganda?"
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    27 Oct '16 19:20
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    So he's a "straight shooter" who disseminates "BS propaganda?"
    Hey, nobody's perfect.

Seriously, though, I've been reading his website from time to time. I consider that much more his communication platform than a movie he made 13 years ago.
  15. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    27 Oct '16 20:31
    Hey, nobody's perfect.

Seriously, though, I've been reading his website from time to time. I consider that much more his communication platform than a movie he made 13 years ago.
    Well, like Hillary and Trump, he's a known big fat liar. But I must admit I liked the video. Trump as human hand grenade gave me a chuckle. Those beltway bastards deserve him.