Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 16 Dec '12 21:28 / 3 edits
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/newtown-church-evacuated-due-unspecified-threat-during-noon-182416799.html

It seems that a church in Connecticut, St. Rose, was attended by at least 10 of the 20 children shot to death on Friday has recieved no less than two death threats as the church had to evacuate an attendance today at noon.

The church displayed a poster for parishoners to express their grief, however, an unknown prankster wrote, "This is just round one."

I'm speechless, perhaps for the first time on these boards. God help this country.
  2. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    16 Dec '12 23:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    The church displayed a poster for parishoners to express their grief, however, an unknown prankster wrote, "This is just round one."

I'm speechless, perhaps for the first time on these boards. God help this country.
    You're not "speechless" at all. You've started a thread about it but offered only your own claim that you're "speechless" as a debate topic. There were already threads about the shootings that you could have added this link to but that wouldn't have attracted enough attention, presumably. Have you ever thought about starting a blog, whodey?
  3. 16 Dec '12 23:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're not "speechless" at all. You've started a thread about it but offered only your own claim that you're "speechless" as a debate topic. There were already threads about the shootings that you could have added this link to but that wouldn't have attracted enough attention, presumably. Have you ever thought about starting a blog, whodey?
    None of that now,

you don't want to be banned do you?
  4. Standard member Soothfast
    16 Dec '12 23:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    There should be a $5 fee to start a thread.
  5. 16 Dec '12 23:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    No.
  6. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    17 Dec '12 00:02
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    None of that now,

There might be some who would be willing to contribute to a banning fund. Just sayin'.
  7. 17 Dec '12 00:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There might be some who would be willing to contribute to a banning fund. Just sayin'.
    Too true Mr. Ming of the White Star Line.

Watch out for that iceberg.
  8. 17 Dec '12 00:21
    None of that now,

I have the feeling that the issue is that the left has no desire to talk about this. After all, no one got shot with a gun. Instead, it shows the moral vacuum in America, something no one on the left wishes to discuss.
  9. 17 Dec '12 00:21
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    There should be a $5 fee to start a thread.
    It's only a matter of time.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    17 Dec '12 00:30
    I have the feeling that the issue is that the left has no desire to talk about this. After all, no one got shot with a gun. Instead, it shows the moral vacuum in America, something no one on the left wishes to discuss.
    There are at least 6 threads spread across three RHP forums with literally hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of posts in the space of just a few days contributed by dozens and dozens of people of all manner of ideological persuasion, including "left" and "right", discussing the hind legs off these issues, and your observation is that "no one on the left wishes to discuss" them?
  11. 17 Dec '12 00:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are at least 6 threads spread across three RHP forums with literally hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of posts in the space of just a few days contributed by dozens and dozens of people of all manner of ideological persuasion, including "left" and "right", discussing the hind legs off these issues, and your observation is that "no one on the left wishes to discuss" them?
    Very true.

I would have to ask him where has he been
    for the last 2 days?
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    17 Dec '12 00:41
    I would have to ask him where has he been
    for the last 2 days?
    Rehearsing in his basement like Rupert Pupkin.
  13. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    17 Dec '12 00:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Rehearsing in his basement like Rupert Pupkin.
    Ha!
  14. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    17 Dec '12 01:17
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/newtown-church-evacuated-due-unspecified-threat-during-noon-182416799.html

It seems that a church in Connecticut, St. Rose, was attended by at least 10 of the 20 children shot to death on Friday has recieved no less than two death threats as the church had to evacuate an attendance today at noon.

The church displaye ...[text shortened]... one."

Yeah, I'm dumbfounded, too.

Newtown is not the idyllic community it seems? Or are there "massacre chasers," like storm chasers, but desperate to get into the act and feed off the fear and despair, even to the extent that they would try to keep things in a panic as someone apparently is doing?
  15. Standard member Soothfast
    17 Dec '12 01:27
    You do realize the Universe cannot be divided into Left vs. Right, don't you? It may help you cope, but it evidences a severely limited RAM. Time to upgrade.