Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 28 Oct '15 19:39 / 1 edit
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3293412/PIERS-MORGAN-depressing-lesson-bully-classroom-cop-managed-teach-black-kid-America-today.html

"The depressing lesson a white bully classroom cop has managed to teach every black kid in American today"
    --Piers Morgan (28 October 2015)

"Today we were informed that there couldn't possibly be any racial motivation
    to Officer (Ben) Fields's barbarity because, wait for it, he's currently dating a black girl."
    --Piers Morgan

Ben Fields has been terminated from his job with the police.
  2. 28 Oct '15 22:18
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3293412/PIERS-MORGAN-depressing-lesson-bully-classroom-cop-managed-teach-black-kid-America-today.html

"The depressing lesson a white bully classroom cop has managed to teach every black kid in American today"

"Today we were informed that there couldn't possibly be any racial ...[text shortened]... a black girl."
    --Piers Morgan

While this does, to me, appear rather unjustified, why the seemingly automatic assumption that it was racially motivated. Is it not possible that this would have been his reaction to any misbehaving student, Just asking, but you may go ahead and attack me anyway.
  3. 28 Oct '15 22:26
    If the law suit the parent and student file is successful, this will spark many more such instances of student rebellion in schools around the country. All that will be required is another student to capture in on camera.
  4. 28 Oct '15 22:36
    Originally posted by Duchess64

"Today we were informed that there couldn't possibly be any racial ...[text shortened]... a black girl."
    --Piers Morgan

"White American racist ,liar etc ,etc "..... here we go again fire away Duchess !
  5. 28 Oct '15 22:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    If the law suit the parent and student file is successful, this will spark many more such instances of student rebellion in schools around the country. All that will be required is another student to capture in on camera.
    The problem is that schools care more about keeping kids in the classroom and not looking bad by kicking problem kids out.

When the administration puts leaves these stress causing kids in the classroom and normal good people have to put up with this too much for too long sometimes people pop.
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    28 Oct '15 23:18
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Jesus, a post with an openly racist term not only is allowed to stay on the board but gets a bunch of recs.

I think I'm done here.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    28 Oct '15 23:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Jesus, a post with an openly racist term not only is allowed to stay on the board but gets a bunch of recs.

I think I'm done here.
    My guess is that most rational posters here don't use the rec button much.

I'm guessing that 90%+ of RHP regulars would find Sam's post unacceptable and offensive.

It's up to you, of course, but I wouldn't let a few loons ruin it.
  8. 29 Oct '15 00:17

I think I'm done here.
    Good.
    Be done here.
    Go somewhere else.
    Like to Baltimore or Detroit and get back to us.
  9. 29 Oct '15 00:20

I think I'm done here.
    I wonder why you are so incensed about this racist term, and never say a thing about people using White American Males as a pejorative?

I couldn't hear the exchange between the "student" and the cop, but I'd bet my last dollar the girl said something really disrespectful and probably racist.

This guy is called as a last resort, because the teacher is unable to control the class. Almost all the tools that teachers once employed to discipline unruly kids have been taken away. This is what you end up with, cops in the classroom, and kids who give them lip. By the way, after the incident went outside, you could hear the cop, ordering the girl repeatedly to "show me your hands" and being ignored. That command is routinely used by cops trying to cuff a resisting criminal. His size and hers is nor even close to relevant. His uniform should have told her to hang up, and obey orders. The whole incident was preventable, by the "student". My bet is that the parents are afraid to discipline her as well.
  10. 29 Oct '15 00:33
    Originally posted by phil3000
    "White American racist ,liar etc ,etc "..... here we go again fire away Duchess !
    Phil3000 prefers to attack me personally for what Piers Morgan (a white Briton) wrote, which I *quoted*.
  11. 29 Oct '15 00:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign to No1Marauder
    I wonder why you are so incensed about this racist term, and never say a thing about people using White American Males as a pejorative?

I couldn't hear the exchange between the "student" and the cop, but I'd bet my last dollar the girl said something really disrespectful and probably racist.

This guy is called as a last resort, becaus ...[text shortened]... preventable, by the "student". My bet is that the parents are afraid to discipline her as well.
    "I couldn't hear the exchange between the 'student' and the cop, but I'd bet my last dollar
    the girl said something really disrespectful and probably racist."
    --Normbenign

So even when Normbenign admits that he cannot know what was said, Normbenign
    feels free to make his cocksure racially stereotypical projection about what was said.
    If the policeman did nothing wrong, then why did his department just terminate him?

Normbenign's a fanatical supporter of the Confederate States of America and has
    denounced US President Lincoln as 'evil'. Normbenign's one of the most racist people at RHP.
  12. 29 Oct '15 00:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76 to No1Marauder
    My guess is that most rational posters here don't use the rec button much.

I'm guessing that 90%+ of RHP regulars would find Sam's post unacceptable and offensive.
    It's up to you, of course, but I wouldn't let a few loons ruin it.
    This thread may become another kind of Rorschach test in which some of the more
    overtly racist writers here reveal their racism (and hatred) even more obviously.
  13. 29 Oct '15 01:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    One of the problems here is that everyone focuses on the " bad cop " and hands the unruly kid a free pass. ( and encourages them to repeat) I again state that the cop does appear to have crossed the line, but lets not talk about the girl shall we.?
    And by calling this a " race thing" is what makes it so, even if it never was.
    It is in the naming that we perpetuate the " race " war. Those that never even thought about it are asked to make a call, and find that they do so to the detriment of the situation. Why not try debating without assuming the " race " thing.
  14. 29 Oct '15 01:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by jimmac
    While this does, to me, appear rather unjustified, why the seemingly automatic assumption that it was racially motivated.
    Is it not possible that this would have been his reaction to any misbehaving student, Just asking, but you may go ahead and attack me anyway.
    Why won't Jimmac write a letter to Piers Morgan, a white Briton, whom I *quoted*,
    and accuse him of being a racist or of inciting racist hatred against white people?
  15. 29 Oct '15 01:53 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by jimmac to Whodey
    One of the problems here is that everyone focuses on the " bad cop " and hands the unruly kid a free pass. ( and encourages them to repeat)
    I again state that the cop does appear to have crossed the line, but lets not talk about the girl shall we.?
    And by calling this a " race thing" is what makes it so, even if it never was.

. It is in th so to the detriment of the situation. Why not try debating without assuming the " race " thing.
    Given that this American policeman has just been terminated from his job, Jimmac could
    write to his local police department and recommend that it hire Ben Fields as soon as possible.
    His job experience would include 'Pacifying teenage girl who refused to stop using her cell phone.'