Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 07 Dec '17 22:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Divegeester shows (at best) his poor reading comprehension.

    "Coupled with the fact that I don’t like you [Duchess64] very much ...."
    --Divegeester

    That's an extreme understatement, *almost* like saying Hitler didn't like Jews very much.

    I was comparing Divegeester's (disingenuous) extreme understatement (quoted above)
    to the hypothetical extre ...[text shortened]... EEN Divegeester and Hitler personally.
    Divegeester may be too idiotic to comprehend this point.
    It really read like you were comparing me to Hitler. Why did you use Hitler as your comparison?
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    9th Grade...
    07 Dec '17 22:34
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Between my mother's legs.
    I’ve visited that place...took pix
  3. 07 Dec '17 23:18 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It really read like you were comparing me to Hitler. Why did you use Hitler as your comparison?
    "It really read like you were comparing me to Hitler."
    --Divegeester

    Only if a person has abysmal reading comprehension and enough bias to jump to a wrong conclusion.
    Given that seems to fit Divegeester, he should consider not reading or replying to my posts.
  4. 08 Dec '17 00:18 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "It really read like you were comparing me to Hitler."
    --Divegeester

    Only if a person has abysmal reading comprehension and enough bias to jump to a wrong conclusion.
    Given that seems to fit Divegeester, he should consider not reading or replying to my posts.
    You used Adolf Hitler’s hatred of the jews as a comparison with my comments about you. If you feel this comparison is justified then please go ahead and justify it. But if all you want to do is fling more insults, then fine, feel free to do that instead.
  5. 08 Dec '17 00:28 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You used Adolf Hitler’s hatred of the jews as a comparison with my comments about you. If you feel this comparison is justified then please go ahead and justify it. But if all you want to do is fling more insults, then fine, feel free to do that instead.
    The nearly illiterate troll Divegeester keeps showing (at best) his abysmal 'reading comprehension'.

    "Coupled with the fact that I don’t like you [Duchess64] very much ...."
    --Divegeester

    "That's an extreme understatement, *almost* like saying 'Hitler didn't like Jews very much.'"
    --Duchess64

    I was comparing Divegeester's (disingenuous) extreme understatement (quoted above)
    to the hypothetical extreme understatement of saying "HItler didn't like Jews very much".
    The comparison is BETWEEN the degrees of understatement, NOT BETWEEN Divegeester and Hitler personally.
    Divegeester keeps showing that hes too idiotic to comprehend this point.

    In contrast, when I mentioned to a vegetarian friend, "Like you, Hitler was a vegetarian',
    he understood it and did NOT, in contrast to the troll Divegeester, puff out his chest full
    of contrived outrage over supposedly being 'compared to Hitler'. All that he said was
    something like, "We know that many diverse kinds of people can be vegetarians."
  6. 08 Dec '17 00:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    The nearly illiterate troll Divegeester keeps showing (at best) his abysmal 'reading comprehension'.
    The interesting aspect here is your decision to use Adolf Hitler as your benchmark of sorts. It used to be said that once a debater brings Hitler into an argument they have already lost; do you subscribe to that point of view?
  7. 08 Dec '17 00:42 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    The interesting aspect here is your decision to use Adolf Hitler as your benchmark of sorts. It used to be said that once a debater brings Hitler into an argument they have already lost; do you subscribe to that point of view?
    "It used to be said that once a debater brings Hitler into an argument they have already lost;
    do you subscribe to that point of view?"
    --Divegeester

    Of course not. That would make discussing much of 1930s-40s history impracticable.
    It's absurd to stigmatize mentioning Hitler in every context.

    If a historian writes--correctly: "Stalin, not Hitler, was responsible for the Katyn massacre
    of Poles", then that historian's automatically supposed to have 'lost some debate'?

    Intellectually mature people can discuss Hitler just as well as they can discuss any other
    leader with a record of terrible crimes. Many writers here may lack that intellectual maturity,
  8. 08 Dec '17 00:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Intellectually mature people can discuss Hitler just as well as they can discuss any other leader with a record of terrible crimes. Many writers here may lack that intellectual maturity,
    Ok so we have ascertained that you using Adolf Hitler’s hatred of the Jews as a benchmark against my (alleged by you) “hatred” of yourself, in an argument about something or other, is an acceptable thing to do. I presume you stand by this nonsense and presumably your next move will be to draw a little moustache on a picture of me?

    By the way you might find this interesting.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
  9. 08 Dec '17 01:02
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Well that isn’t why I was banned and you know it. Here’s what actually happened.

    I was forum banned for a post about ‘hot breath on the back of your neck’ or something to that effect. And I made that post because I was sick of you persistently harassing sonhouse, even after the man publically apologised to you several times for something he didn’t e ...[text shortened]... ch was because I was pleased to give you back some of the crap you were handing out to sonhouse.
    "You complained to Russ about my post ..."
    --Divegeester

    In fact, some days before Divegeester wrote his abusive posts (plural) for which he was banned,
    Divegeester had TAUNTED me with a post in which he dared me to report him to RHP
    if I believed that any of his posts are abusive. Divegeester presumably was overconfident
    that RHP would take no action against him. Now that RHP has banned him, Divegeester
    seems sore at me for following his own 'advice' (sarcasm) to report his abusive posts.
  10. 08 Dec '17 01:04
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Ok so we have ascertained that you using Adolf Hitler’s hatred of the Jews as a benchmark against my (alleged by you) “hatred” of yourself, in an argument about something or other, is an acceptable thing to do. I presume you stand by this nonsense and presumably your next move will be to draw a little moustache on a picture of me?

    By the way you might find this interesting.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
    "Many writers here may lack that intellectual maturity (to discuss Hitler),"
    --Duchess64

    Divegeester shows that he lacks, in addition to basic reading comprehension, that intellectual
    maturity as well as much else needed to make him, in my view, even a minimally decent human being.
  11. 08 Dec '17 01:06
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "You complained to Russ about my post ..."
    --Divegeester

    In fact, some days before Divegeester wrote his abusive posts (plural) for which he was banned,
    Divegeester had TAUNTED me with a post in which he dared me to report him to RHP
    if I believed that any of his posts are abusive. Divegeester presumably was overconfident
    that RHP would take no a ...[text shortened]... egeester
    seems sore at me for following his own 'advice' (sarcasm) to report his abusive posts.
    You are mistaking me for someone who cares what the moderation team, you or indeed Russ thinks.
  12. 08 Dec '17 01:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "Divegeester shows that he lacks, in addition to basic reading comprehension, that intellectual maturity as well as much else needed to make him, in my view, even a minimally decent human being.
    Well I’m not the one comparing a person I disagree with on the internet to Hitler, you are. Perhaps you need to rethink your argument, tether your brittle emotions and show a little humility occasionally.
  13. 08 Dec '17 01:11
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You are mistaking me for someone who cares what the moderation team, you or indeed Russ thinks.
    Does Divegeester believe that he did anything wrong or not in his abusive posts?

    "I haven’t said that I did nothing wrong ..."
    --Divegeester

    But Divegeester has persistently ACTED as though he did nothing wrong in abusing me.
    Divegeester has been LYING in attempting to minimize the extent of his abuse.
    Divegeester has trotted out his excuses or rationalizations for his abusive posts.
  14. 08 Dec '17 01:15
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Well I’m not the one comparing a person I disagree with on the internet to Hitler, you are. Perhaps you need to rethink your argument, tether your brittle emotions and show a little humility occasionally.
    "I’m not the one comparing a person I disagree with on the internet to Hitler, you are."
    --Divegeester

    FALSE. AS I ALREADY HAVE EXPLAINED SEVERAL TIMES.
    The nearly illiterate troll Divegeester keeps showing (at best) his abysmal 'reading comprehension'
    Or Divegeester's NOW LYING AGAIN, as usual, about what I wrote.

    "Coupled with the fact that I don’t like you [Duchess64] very much ...."
    --Divegeester

    "That's an extreme understatement, *almost* like saying 'Hitler didn't like Jews very much.'"
    --Duchess64

    I was comparing Divegeester's (disingenuous) extreme understatement (quoted above)
    to the hypothetical extreme understatement of saying "HItler didn't like Jews very much".
    The comparison is BETWEEN the degrees of understatement, NOT BETWEEN Divegeester and Hitler personally.

    Divegeester keeps showing that hes too idiotic to comprehend this point.
    Or Divegeester keeps blatantly lying about this point.
  15. 08 Dec '17 01:16
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Does Divegeester believe that he did anything wrong or not in his abusive posts?

    "I haven’t said that I did nothing wrong ..."
    --Divegeester

    But Divegeester has persistently ACTED as though he did nothing wrong in abusing me.
    Divegeester has been LYING in attempting to minimize the extent of his abuse.
    Divegeester has trotted out his excuses or rationalizations for his abusive posts.
    You are still confusing wrong doing with rhp moderation. What I said to you on that fateful day was not wrong, it just contravened someone’s interpretation of forum guidelines. I can understand why you prefer devolve our exchanges into the vagaries of forum etiquette, as it detracts from your silliness of using a despotic psychopath as a comparison to one of your detractors.