Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 21 Mar '11 15:21 / 1 edit
    Should Obama be nominated for a second Nobel Peace Prize for helping to bring peace to Libya like he has done for Iraq and Afghanistan?
  2. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    21 Mar '11 15:50
    Yeah, why not?
  3. 22 Mar '11 01:33
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Yeah, why not?
    I just want to go on record as saying that considering that securing peace with every bomb he drops, who exactly is doing more for peace, or has done more for peace, than Barak Obama?
  4. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    22 Mar '11 08:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    I just want to go on record as saying that considering that securing peace with every bomb he drops, who exactly is doing more for peace, or has done more for peace, than Barak Obama?
    Yeah, why not?
  5. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Mar '11 08:32 / 1 edit
    I think giving him a second Peace Prize would undermine the credibility of the first one and might undermine the credibility of the Nobel Peace Prize altogether. It's a matter of respect. Rabin and Arafat have left us but Kissinger and Gore are still alive.
  6. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    22 Mar '11 08:42
    Arafat has not left us.

He lives in the hearts of all the European PC establishment
    and the chic androgynous boys using his scarf.
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Mar '11 08:52
    Arafat has not left us.

He lives in the hearts of all the European PC establishment
    and the chic androgynous boys using his scarf.
    Well maybe you just have some kind of PC thing of your own going on. You picked Arafat out of that list, not Kissinger - who arguably has the death of many thousands of times more innocent lives on his hands.
  8. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    22 Mar '11 09:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well maybe you just have some kind of PC thing of your own going on. You picked Arafat out of that list, not Kissinger - who arguably has the death of many thousands of times more innocent lives on his hands.
    Why would I mention Kissinger? Kissinger is not gone yet.
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Mar '11 09:28
    Why would I mention Kissinger?
    Maybe to be funny.
  10. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    22 Mar '11 09:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Maybe to be funny.
    Do I look like a clown to you?

Oh, wait...
  11. 22 Mar '11 09:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think giving him a second Peace Prize would undermine the credibility of the first one and might undermine the credibility of the Nobel Peace Prize altogether. It's a matter of respect. Rabin and Arafat have left us but Kissinger and Gore are still alive.
    I think your right. To clinch another Nobel Peace Prize, and maintain its credibility, I'm thinking Obama needs to "free" the people of Yemen and Iran and not just stop with the people of Libya.
  12. 22 Mar '11 09:42
    Does anyone still take the Nobel Peace Prize seriously after Kissinger won it? Why do you keep bringing this up, whodey?
  13. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Mar '11 09:48
    I think your right. To clinch another Nobel Peace Prize, and maintain its credibility, I'm thinking Obama needs to "free" the people of Yemen and Iran and not just stop with the people of Libya.
    I'm right about what? The Nobel Peace Prize has no credibility, in and of itself. Some of the people who have won it deserve admiration. But that's all.
  14. 22 Mar '11 09:50
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Does anyone still take the Nobel Peace Prize seriously after Kissinger won it? Why do you keep bringing this up, whodey?
    Sorry, I just can't help myself. I am too amused by the award to leave it be.

The Nobel Peace Prize has about as much intergrity as the UN.
  15. 22 Mar '11 09:58
    Sorry, I just can't help myself. I am too amused by the award to leave it be.

The Nobel Peace Prize has about as much intergrity as the UN.
    Whose intergrity [sic] are you questioning here? The Security Council? Ban Ki-Moon? Unicef?