Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 29 May '14 00:19
    http://www.billoreilly.com/site/rd?satype=13&said=12&url=%2Fpetitions%2Fviewpetition%3FpetitionID%3D-642527092894776988

I'm betting The Usual Suspects here will say he belongs in a Mexican jail.
  2. 29 May '14 00:57 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Krod Mandoon
    http://www.billoreilly.com/site/rd?satype=13&said=12&url=%2Fpetitions%2Fviewpetition%3FpetitionID%3D-642527092894776988

I wonder how US law would treat a Mexican military veteran entering the US with a a rifle (AR-15), a .45 cal pistol and a 12 gauge pump shotgun. That's according to CNN.

He should be released to US custody and released after we confirm he had no violent intentions (which may already be done). But this won't happen until his utility as a political pawn is spent.
  3. 29 May '14 01:10
    Originally posted by JS357
    I wonder how US law would treat a Mexican military veteran entering the US with a a rifle (AR-15), a .45 cal pistol and a 12 gauge pump shotgun. That's according to CNN.

He should be released to US custody and released after we confirm he had no violent intentions (which may already be done). But this won't happen until his utility as a political pawn is spent.
    If the guns were in cases and unloaded there would be no problem in most states. In California and the ammo wasn't carried in a separate part of the car there would be a problem, he would be cited and released and the guns held until he was tried for a carrying a firearm in a car not according to California law.
    He wouldn't be tossed in a jail and held without bail.
    CNN was being dishonest and stupid with that question. They suck.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    29 May '14 01:27
    If the guns were in cases and unloaded there would be no problem in most states. In California and the ammo wasn't carried in a separate part of the car there would be a problem, he would be cited and released and the guns held until he was tried for a carrying a firearm in a car not according to California law.
    He wouldn't be tossed in a jail and held without bail.
    CNN was being dishonest and stupid with that question. They suck.
    I wonder if you would be supporting a petition to release a Mexican citizen who crossed illegally into the United States with three firearms.
  5. 29 May '14 01:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I wonder if you would be supporting a petition to release a Mexican citizen who crossed illegally into the United States with three firearms.
    If he was just turning around a few yards into the boarder to get back home like the marine then of course I would.
    Like I said, The Usual Suspects here never disappoint.
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    29 May '14 02:02
    If he was just turning around a few yards into the boarder to get back home like the marine then of course I would.
    Like I said, The Usual Suspects here never disappoint.
    Actually there's surveillance camera evidence that he had crossed into Mexico at least six times before making his claim he "accidentally" crossed the border rather dubious. He previously claimed he had never been to Mexico but now claims he lied because his attorney told him to. He also tried to escape from jail.http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/May/28/tahmooressi-hearing-tijuana-guns-veteran/2/?#article-copy

Seems there's more to the case than the propaganda version you have brought hook, line and sinker.
  7. 29 May '14 02:17 / 2 edits
    Actually there's surveillance camera evidence that he had crossed into Mexico at least six times before making his claim he "accidentally" crossed the border rather dubious. He previously claimed he had never been to Mexico but now claims he lied because his attorney told him to. He also tried to escape from jail.http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/May/2 ...[text shortened]... ems there's more to the case than the propaganda version you have brought hook, line and sinker.
    Yes he'd been to Mexico before.
    So what?
    Tahmoorhessi said he crossed the border accidentally by getting in the wrong lane near a Southern California border crossing. He immediately tried to return and was stopped. If you get caught in the wrong lane you are going through the border, like it or not, there's no turning back.
    You just love seeing a corrupt government like Mexico screw over Americans don't you?

And WHAT are you talking about, surveillance cameras show him crossing 6 times? His testimony was that he'd been there 6 times before, there's no mention of it being caught on camera.
  8. 29 May '14 02:50

Look at the bright side, he should receive better health care in Mexico.
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    29 May '14 04:46 / 1 edit
    Worried about your Nazi buddies patrolling the Arizona/Mexico border while armed, Sam?

Looks like hunting beaners has some dangers...

Haha
  10. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    29 May '14 09:18

You win.
  11. 29 May '14 10:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    Look at the bright side, he should receive better health care in Mexico.
    Yes, mexican prisons are known for the excellent care they give inmates.
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    29 May '14 11:51 / 1 edit
    Yes he'd been to Mexico before.
    So what?
    Tahmoorhessi said he crossed the border accidentally by getting in the wrong lane near a Southern California border crossing. He immediately tried to return and was stopped. If you get caught in the wrong lane you are going through the border, like it or not, there's no turning back.
    You just love seeing a co ...[text shortened]... timony was that he'd been there 6 times before, there's no mention of it being caught on camera.
    It's a curious thing the way right wingers adopt the version given by some accused criminals automatically without even considering any facts to the contrary.

He'll get his day in court; I see no reason to sign a petition that just takes his word that he's innocent. Two Mexican border guards and two other members of the Mexican military were supposed to testify yesterday at his hearing to give the prosecution's version of events, but the hearing had to be postponed a week because Tahmoorhessi fired his attorney and his new attorneys obviously weren't ready to meaningfully question any witnesses has they had barely talked to him and hadn't had any time to review any documents.

I'd prefer to hear both sides before assuming that this is some case of the evil, corrupt Mexican government persecuting an innocent American (in this case an American who admits he was seeking treatment for mental health problems yet was in possession of three firearms when he tried to cross an international border).
  13. 29 May '14 15:11 / 1 edit
    It's a curious thing the way right wingers adopt the version given by some accused criminals automatically without even considering any facts to the contrary.

He'll get his day in court; I see no reason to sign a petition that just takes his word that he's innocent. Two Mexican border guards and two other members of the Mexican military we ...[text shortened]... roblems yet was in possession of three firearms when he tried to cross an international border).
    My God you are a sick sack of contrarian douche water. He's facing up to TWENTY YEARS in a Mexican prison for a trivial infraction and you are being a dick about it and claiming the Mexican legal system is honest and fair.
    You really do suck big time.
  14. 29 May '14 16:29
    My God you are a sick sack of contrarian douche water. He's facing up to TWENTY YEARS in a Mexican prison for a trivial infraction and you are being a dick about it and claiming the Mexican legal system is honest and fair.
    But he is a US soldier, a baby killer, the scum of the earth.
  15. 29 May '14 16:50
    "up to twenty years"
    maybe, in case he is convicted which is unlikely, and also unlikely he would get the maximum penalty.

what do you want? for us to agree it might be harsh to get 20 years? yes, we agree to that. for us to sign that worthless petition? fuk no.

he is guilty, he did cross the border armed. the rest is up to a court. just because you believe mexico has no right to judge a citizen of a superior country doesn't make it so.