Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 22:16
    The coup is complete. Rebubs now own the SCOTUS, POTUS and the outhouse of congress.
  2. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 22:59
    Funny fact. The second door that began the revelation of Kavanaugh attacking Ford during couples therapy in 2012...was installed in 2008.

Who'da thunk it.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 23:41
    @sonhouse said
    The coup is complete. Rebubs now own the SCOTUS, POTUS and the outhouse of congress.
    Explain why. What is your criteria for complete coup? You seem to be in panic mode over nothing.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 23:50
    @metal-brain said
    Explain why. What is your criteria for complete coup? You seem to be in panic mode over nothing.
    He's just worried about the chickens is all.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 23:56
    @sonhouse said
    The Trump effect.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 02:40
    @mott-the-hoople said
    The Trump effect.
    You mean the rebuilding of the Swamp in his image, of course.

Celebrate now, Republicans, for your day of absolute corruption is nigh!
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 02:46
    @sonhouse said
    I would imaging your seething right now. Hope you don't have any guns. Just kick the dog.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 03:501 edit
    @kquinn909 said
    I would imaging your seething right now. Hope you don't have any guns. Just kick the dog.
    Actually, I am in a deep depression right now and I see the brainwashing seeping into the country now that the takeover is complete. I see all this rebellion simmering down to a sniveling few after that cretin Kavanaugh is installed in SCOTUS clothing and making good on what he said in the hearing, where his real self came out with the hillary conspiracy crap came out and the worse one, "What goes around comes around' a clear battle cry of retaliation.

And Trump gets his get out of jail free card and the EPA is stripped of what little power it had left, Roe V Wade a thing of the past, women's rights trampled back to the 19th century, immigrants trampled back to the third world, a giant wall going across the southern border, the US going isolationist not giving a damn about the rest of the world, just paying lip service just like the speech Trump already gave at the UN, cozying up to Putin, and now claiming China is the biggest threat, bigger than Russia ever was. In short, Russia owning America, maybe we give them back Alaska, eh.

Choke on your pyrrhic victory, I just hope the brainwashing of the country doesn't take complete hold and there is major comeuppance in November.

You people don't even know what the country has lost.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 05:202 edits
    @sonhouse said
    Actually, I am in a deep depression right now and I see the brainwashing seeping into the country now that the takeover is complete. I see all this rebellion simmering down to a sniveling few after that cretin Kavanaugh is installed in SCOTUS clothing and making good on what he said in the hearing, where his real self came out with the hillary conspiracy crap came out and th ...[text shortened]... nd there is major comeuppance in November.

You people don't even know what the country has lost.
    If only you could see sonhouse, it;s not 'for Trump', it's not 'for the Republicans'

It's anti the hysterical left of which you are an example. If you truly are anti Republican then you should be depressed, you and your fellow screechers do Trumps work for him, people like yourself (remember your accusation of myself as 'an avowed racist' ), suzi, zalooney your type have caused a backlash, you do Trumps bidding for him.

sonhouse logic 🙄
  10. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 06:463 edits
    @sonhouse said
    I posted this deep in another thread yesterday, but this thread is truly where it belongs:

- - - - - - - - - -
    Sonhouse, in the long run conservatives always lose.

They were in favor of slavery back when, but "evolved" in time.

They fought against giving women the vote, but were defeated in the end.

They fought against child labor laws, long and hard, and lost. Now they never question those laws (at least as they apply to US children).

They fought for Jim Crow and keeping "colored people" in the back of the bus. And lost.

They fought for the right to pollute the environment without restriction, but even in this toxic "Age of Trump" they have no hope of eliminating all environmental and safety regulations wholesale. They haven't the clout.

They fought against public education and for school prayer. So much for that.

They fought against welfare, Medicare, and Social Security. To this day they tilt at these windmills, and while they can erode certain aspects of these institutions, they know they cannot ever turn the clock back to the days before FDR and LBJ. History again has passed them by.

More recently, they have fought against gay marriage, but it is clear they've lost that hateful war forever. Now they're busy "evolving" on the issue.

Currently conservatives are beginning to realize their racist, fascist, murderous, and punishing half-century-long "War on Drugs" has been a calamitous failure. Now they are showing signs of "evolving" on marijuana prohibition -- trailing, as ever, well behind the bulk of society that has wanted an end to prohibition for a decade. They continue to fight, hunker, and stall, but they know history is once again passing them by. Now even the governor of Texas is open to having a "discussion" about marijuana reform. Wow.

So, while the pendulum swings back and forth between Left and Right as the years go by, if you take a longer look at the timeline of history (measured in decades instead of years), you see that the pendulum is drifting inexorably and ever leftward even as it oscillates to and fro.

The demographics are also against the conservative thugs in power in the US. Moreover, there is a movement gaining steam, state by state, to tackle once and for all the gerrymandering and voter suppression shenanigans that allow these authoritarian thugs to hold hostage to our democratic institutions. Putin can't bail their treasonous asses out forever. We are wise to them, and they will be destroyed by the engine of History.

So buck up! The thugs grow ever more shrill because they know their voice shall soon be defeated. And that is how it should be.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 07:031 edit
    To my post above I will add that, with near certainty, the RethugliKKKans will lose the House of Representatives imminently.

As for the Supreme Court, we both know that the Rethugs stole a seat when Scalia passed. That's right: they took extraordinary, unprecedented action to torpedo a sitting president's right to name a successor. They didn't even allow a vote on Merrick Garland! That was a direct and vicious assault on democracy, the Constitution, and the intentions of the founders of the nation. Rethugs should never be allowed to get away with this, ever. They are a cancer eating away at democracy and the rule of law, and they must and can be stopped!

When -- not IF -- the Democrats have the Senate and White House back in their hands in 2020, this is what they should do:

Increase the size of the Supreme Court by two (2) seats, and install Merrick Garland and a flaming liberal lesbian judge in those seats. This would be easy to do. On Day One of the new Senate session a simple-majority vote can be held on a motion to disallow filibustering any expansion of the SCOTUS. RethugliKKKans have already nuked filibustering Supreme Court nominees, of course.

Sic the FBI on Kavanaugh and dig up ALL the facts germane to his seemingly quite “rapey” past, as well as his already well-documented multiple counts of bald-faced perjury.

Move to impeach Kavanaugh. Repeatedly. This will not succeed, of course, but it will force the Rethugs to hang themselves again and again for years to come with their refusal to impeach a misogynistic perjurer.

The above actions, aside from being righteous payback, will set right many of the wrongs perpetrated by the authoritarian Rethugs in recent years, plus interest. Rethugs simply cannot be reasoned with these days. Maybe they can be reasoned with in the future, after their disgusting party has wandered in the wilderness for a decade or two, but only if they've demonstrated that they've absorbed the rudiments of a high school civics class.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 07:33
    @wajoma said
    If only you could see sonhouse, it;s not 'for Trump', it's not 'for the Republicans'

It's anti the hysterical left of which you are an example. If you truly are anti Republican then you should be depressed, you and your fellow screechers do Trumps work for him, people like yourself (remember your accusation of myself as 'an avowed racist' ), suzi, zalooney your type have caused a backlash, you do Trumps bidding for him.

sonhouse logic 🙄
    You are right.

You are absolutely right and go ahead with your celebration, for you certainly deserve every moment of this victory against everything you loathe, everything you disrespect, everything you all think you are better than.

In short, it is just anti-human.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 07:39
    @soothfast said
    To my post above I will add that, with near certainty, the RethugliKKKans will lose the House of Representatives imminently.

As for the Supreme Court, we both know that the Rethugs stole a seat when Scalia passed. That's right: they took extraordinary, unprecedented action to torpedo a sitting president's right to name a successor. [i]They didn't even allow a vote on Me ...[text shortened]... but only if they've demonstrated that they've absorbed the rudiments of a high school civics class.
    Yes, very good suggestions, all.

However, the first step should be to dedicate ourselves to making sure that we don't repeat the only mistake made in the 2016 election, and never for a moment assume that we will win. We have to be 200% CERTAIN. This we have learned from the Republicans. Be sure, be united, and then move forward steam-roller-style, giving absolutely no quarter until opposition is crushed and civil rights of ALL have been restored.
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 07:42
    @suzianne said
    You are right.

You are absolutely right and go ahead with your celebration, for you certainly deserve every moment of this victory against everything you loathe, everything you disrespect, everything you all think you are better than.

In short, it is just anti-human.
    You're wrong suzi, as a libertarian I am no fan of Trump or Kavanaugh, but your post typifies the over wrought shrieking that works against you and for Trump.

So go right ahead.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:18
    @wajoma said
    You're wrong suzi, as a libertarian I am no fan of Trump or Kavanaugh, but your post typifies the over wrought shrieking that works against you and for Trump.

So go right ahead.
    No, the shrieking is by millions of people LITERALLY and that causes questions to be posed about the corruption of Trump which is pretty obvious. BTW, the problem with libertarians is if they actually won say POTUS, they have no skills with diplomacy overseas because they are strictly focused on the US. IMHO anyway.