Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88809
    04 Sep '17 21:10
    Simply, briefly, accurately...

    Why is the world approaching the brink of nuclear catastrophe?

    It all looks like willy-waving to me.
  2. Subscriberjoe shmo
    Strange Egg
    podunk, PA
    Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    7733
    04 Sep '17 22:12
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Simply, briefly, accurately...

    Why is the world approaching the brink of nuclear catastrophe?

    It all looks like willy-waving to me.
    What makes you think this?
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    04 Sep '17 22:32
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Simply, briefly, accurately...

    Why is the world approaching the brink of nuclear catastrophe?

    It all looks like willy-waving to me.
    Because of nuclear weapons. They should be gone by now and made illegal but if the USA continues to threaten the world with them, others will see the need to have some for defence.

    North Korea, for example, sees the experience of Afghanistan and Iraq as a warning that, without nuclear weapons, it may well be in line for American intervention and liberation. That is a well founded fear.
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    55375
    04 Sep '17 22:41
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    Because of nuclear weapons. They should be gone by now and made illegal but if the USA continues to threaten the world with them, others will see the need to have some for defence.

    North Korea, for example, sees the experience of Afghanistan and Iraq as a warning that, without nuclear weapons, it may well be in line for American intervention and liberation. That is a well founded fear.
    Thankfully the US isn't foolish enough to give up their weapons. Eventually everyone will have nuclear weapons and unless you want to live under ISIS rule, it might be nice to have some threats for groups that expressly hope to destroy the western world's way of living.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '17 23:08
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Simply, briefly, accurately...

    Why is the world approaching the brink of nuclear catastrophe?

    It all looks like willy-waving to me.
    Never read Revelation, or maybe you just don't believe it?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '17 23:10
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    Because of nuclear weapons. They should be gone by now and made illegal but if the USA continues to threaten the world with them, others will see the need to have some for defence.

    North Korea, for example, sees the experience of Afghanistan and Iraq as a warning that, without nuclear weapons, it may well be in line for American intervention and liberation. That is a well founded fear.
    That's cuz Americans are white devils.

    Even Obama was half white, which is probably why he held on to the nukes.
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    281408
    04 Sep '17 23:29
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Simply, briefly, accurately...

    Why is the world approaching the brink of nuclear catastrophe?

    It all looks like willy-waving to me.
    Warmongering and sabre rattling. The Military/Industrial complex needs to make more money for the corrupt bankers and corperations. Gotta keep the sheeple scared.
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    04 Sep '17 23:39
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    Thankfully the US isn't foolish enough to give up their weapons. Eventually everyone will have nuclear weapons and unless you want to live under ISIS rule, it might be nice to have some threats for groups that expressly hope to destroy the western world's way of living.
    The US created ISIS

    It would be good to have fewer weapons and better education
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    04 Sep '17 23:40
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    Warmongering and sabre rattling. The Military/Industrial complex needs to make more money for the corrupt bankers and corperations. Gotta keep the sheeple scared.
    Those on the right generally support "more money for the corrupt bankers and corperations [sic]", so I'm really not sure where you're going with this.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    04 Sep '17 23:43
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    The US created ISIS

    It would be good to have fewer weapons and better education
    Usually I agree with most of your liberal positions, but this "The US created ISIS" is Trumpian in its stupidity.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    04 Sep '17 23:47
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Simply, briefly, accurately...

    Why is the world approaching the brink of nuclear catastrophe?

    It all looks like willy-waving to me.
    That's exactly what nuclear "brinksmanship" is... willy-waving. That doesn't mean that one of them won't feel SO impotent that they must start throwing them around to "prove" their "manhood".
  12. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    05 Sep '17 00:42
    Originally posted by @suzianne to Finnegan
    Usually I agree with most of your liberal positions, but this "The US created ISIS" is Trumpian in its stupidity.
    I suspect that Finnegan means that the USA foolishly created the conditions
    in Iraq under which ISIS could rise to power.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    05 Sep '17 00:43
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    The US created ISIS

    It would be good to have fewer weapons and better education
    For the last time, Obama did not create ISIS!

    Racist
  14. Subscriberjoe shmo
    Strange Egg
    podunk, PA
    Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    7733
    05 Sep '17 01:301 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    I suspect that Finnegan means that the USA foolishly created the conditions
    in Iraq under which ISIS could rise to power.
    No, I suspect he means quite literally "The US created ISIS". It should be obvious we did when viewed alongside the systematic demolition of the world trade centers. Why that was done, who knows.

    However, before you tout off about other reputable sources who share my opinion; when one is properly punched in the face, you don't need to turn to a bystander and say "did I just get punched in the face ?" I don't know how to explain this sensation to you Duchess, but ya just know...
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    05 Sep '17 01:38
    Originally posted by @joe-shmo
    No, I suspect he means quite literally "The US created ISIS". It should be obvious we did when viewed alongside the systematic demolition of the world trade centers. Why that was done, who knows.

    However, before you tout off about other reputable sources who share my opinion; when one is properly punched in the face, you don't need to turn to a byst ...[text shortened]... ed in the face ?" I don't know how to explain this sensation to you Duchess, but ya just know...
    Iraq had zero to do with 9/11.

    That whole fiasco was just libertarian masturbation.
Back to Top