Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    29 Jan '18 00:34 / 2 edits
    So says Mott the Hoople.https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/ny-governor-cuomo-wants-dreamers-to-have-free-college.175726/page-3

How many right wingers on this forum agree?

EDIT: I'll be fair; how many right wingers, left wingers and middle of the road agree?
  2. 29 Jan '18 01:15
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    So says Mott the Hoople.https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/ny-governor-cuomo-wants-dreamers-to-have-free-college.175726/page-3

How many right wingers on this forum agree?

EDIT: I'll be fair; how many right wingers, left wingers and middle of the road agree?
    Answer this, what the hell is race?

Don't you mean whitey, brownie, or darkie?
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    29 Jan '18 01:28
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Answer this, what the hell is race?

Don't you mean whitey, brownie, or darkie?
    No dodging this time, whodey.

Answer the question.
  4. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    29 Jan '18 01:36 / 2 edits
    Proposition: "The different races are not and never will be equal."

I answer thus: whether or not they are, or ever will be, equal, and however they may be delineated (genetically, ethnically, historically, skin color, continent of origin, or whatever), they shall be so treated in law. I hope that is clear enough.
  5. Subscriber kmax87
    Health and Education
    29 Jan '18 03:29
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    ....I answer thus: whether or not they are, or ever will be, equal, and however they may be delineated (genetically, ethnically, historically, skin color, continent of origin, or whatever), they shall be so treated in law. I hope that is clear enough.
    Couldn't agree more. Also our testing needs to reflect diversity. Two analogies.

If we all were jungle animals and the suitability tests for getting all the cool jungle jobs, only involved your ability to munch tree leaves with at least two limbs on the ground, you know the giraffes are taking over, right?

And similarly, if the goal is to produce a more equitable society, then if three people were watching some sporting event and two of them couldn't see the action, equality means giving each a box to stand on, the size of which is determined soley by how much lifting up is required for them to see.
  6. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    29 Jan '18 04:11
    With one exception, the crossbreed race of Scottish-Dutch people, who are sexually superior to even rabbits, all races are equal.

This doesn’t mean that some races are not more inclined to lacto-intolerance than others, but it means that the differences don’t make a race unequal.

And this is layed out in the law.
  7. Subscriber kmax87
    Health and Education
    29 Jan '18 06:41
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    With one exception, the crossbreed race of Scottish-Dutch people, who are sexually superior to even rabbits, all races are equal.

This doesn’t mean that some races are not more inclined to lacto-intolerance than others, but it means that the differences don’t make a race unequal.

And this is layed out in the law.
    Mongrel breeds are always the best!
  8. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    29 Jan '18 06:42
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Mongrel breeds are always the best!
    Very clever... a compliment and an insult in one!

Kuddos!
  9. 29 Jan '18 10:51 / 4 edits
    No dodging this time, whodey.

Answer the question.
    Who the hell is dodging, answer my question. You seem to be the one that is dodging.

What constitutes a race when we are all such a mix genetically?

It is all nonsensical, but I realize it is the bread and butter of identity politics, something the DNC requires to try and stay afloat so carry on. Continue the race baiting.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    29 Jan '18 11:17 / 2 edits
    Who the hell is dodging, answer my question. You seem to be the one that is dodging.

What constitutes a race when we are all such a mix genetically?

It is all nonsensical, but I realize it is the bread and butter of identity politics, something the DNC requires to try and stay afloat so carry on. Continue the race baiting.
    Why don't you ask Mott that question? He's the one who made the quote that is the title of this thread. So stop dodging and answer my question; you decided to post in the thread which is devoted to the proposition Mott made in another thread.

As you and everybody else who bothers to read my posts knows, I don't believe there are races in humans. I do believe that people like Mott think differently, that they believe minor physical differences (like skin color) equate to races and that they further believe that certain of what they think are races are inferior ("not equal" ) to others. I further believe that people who think like this act upon it which is why the United States has the large amount of systemic discrimination and racism it does.

You, of course, have never admitted that there is systemic discrimination and racism against minorities in the US at this time. Here's your chance as well as a chance to condemn racists like Mott.

Have at it.

While you are at it, maybe you could explain why saying certain races are inferior to others doesn't get any criticism from you, but calling out people for saying such a racist thing is objectionable "race baiting".
  11. 29 Jan '18 12:59
    Why don't you ask Mott that question? He's the one who made the quote that is the title of this thread. So stop dodging and answer my question; you decided to post in the thread which is devoted to the proposition Mott made in another thread.

As you and everybody else who bothers to read my posts knows, I don't believe there are races in humans. I do ...[text shortened]... from you, but calling out people for saying such a racist thing is objectionable "race baiting".
    How do you debate "race" with someone that doesn't understand there are different races?

The different races control their own success through their culture. For the most part outcomes are realized not because of genetics but because of culture.

We have a lot of people defending one race over another but it is nothing but opinion. Why cant you back up your opinion with facts and data?

This man here lays it out pretty good...

YouTube
  12. Subscriber kmax87
    Health and Education
    29 Jan '18 12:59
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Very clever... a compliment and an insult in one!

Kuddos!
    You're welcome, but it's just the Aussie way!
  13. 29 Jan '18 13:29
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    How do you debate "race" with someone that doesn't understand there are different races?

The different races control their own success through their culture. For the most part outcomes are realized not because of genetics but because of culture.

We have a lot of people defending one race over another but it is nothing but opinion. Why cant you ...[text shortened]... th facts and data?

This man here lays it out pretty good...

[youtube]jqx9vyE2tkc[/youtube]
    What makes a race? For example, to be "white", what percentage of racial heritage genetically of what must you have or do you just eye ball their skin color to determine that?
  14. 29 Jan '18 13:49

As you and everybody else who bothers to read my posts knows, I don't believe there are races in humans. I do ...[text shortened]... from you, but calling out people for saying such a racist thing is objectionable "race baiting".
    I have never suggested that there is not or never was any systemic discrimination. What I oppose is legalizing such systematic discrimination to fix it.
  15. 29 Jan '18 15:40
    What makes a race? For example, to be "white", what percentage of racial heritage genetically of what must you have or do you just eye ball their skin color to determine that?
    Let me ask you a question. The answer to it will answer the question you just asked me. What race was Obama?