Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 19:543 edits
    It's all about evangelicalism folks with a secondary military benefit of having an ally in the oil rich region. I'm not religious and i think they are nuts but here we go anyway...so gather round and put your learning caps on.

It's not racism. Not even close. You have to be a Christian, and an evangelical at that, to understand why they support Israel. It's all about the Bible and the End of Times as stated in Revelations and is one of the reasons why the US moved their embassy to Jerusalem. An excerpt...

"For many conservative evangelicals, Jerusalem is not about politics. It is not about peace plans or Palestinians or two-state solutions. It is about prophecy. About the Bible. And, most certainly, it is about the end-times.

When I was young, our pastor insisted that Jerusalem had an important role to play in these end-times events. When the Jews rejected Jesus as the messiah, he explained, God chose the church to accomplish his mission. Soon this "church age" would end with the rapture of true believers.

But God still loved the Jews, he told us, and wanted to redeem them. Thus, absent the church, the Jews would experience a great religious rebirth and rebuild their temple in Jerusalem. This would spark a series of cataclysmic events that would culminate in the Battle of Armageddon, the last war of humanity. But it would also cause the Jews to finally accept Jesus as their savior. After all this occurred, Jesus would return in glory and God's kingdom -- a thousand-year reign of peace. And it would begin in Jerusalem.

Robert Jeffress, one of Trump's evangelical advisers, declared: "Jerusalem has been the object of the affection of both Jews and Christians down through history and the touchstone of prophecy."
    Other evangelical pastors and teachers also praised the action (moving the embassy) as "biblical" and likened it to a "fulfilled prophecy."
    While that may sound benign (or perhaps nutty) to the theologically uninitiated, they are referring to the "prophecy" of the conversion of the Jews, the second coming of Jesus, the final judgment, and the end of the world -- the events referred to as the biblical apocalypse.

Trump might not really care how they interpret the Bible, but he cares that white evangelicals continue to stand with him. Moving the embassy to Jerusalem is one way to affirm his commitment to these evangelicals -- reminding them that he, Donald J. Trump, is pressing biblical history forward to its conclusion and that he is God's man in the unfolding of these last days. You may not believe it. Donald Trump might not even truly believe it. But millions do. That matters. Not only for American politics, of course. For the peace of Jerusalem. And for peace for the rest of us as well."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/opinions/jerusalem-israel-evangelicals-end-times-butler-bass-opinion/index.html
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 20:02
    Originally posted by @uzless
    It's all about evangelicalism folks with a secondary military benefit of having an ally in the oil rich region. I'm not religious and i think they are nuts but here we go anyway...so gather round and put your learning caps on.

It's not racism. Not even close. You have to be a Christian, and an evangelical at that, to understand why they support Israel. ...[text shortened]... n.com/2017/12/08/opinions/jerusalem-israel-evangelicals-end-times-butler-bass-opinion/index.html
    Much, but far from all, American support of Israel comes from evangelical Christians.

I note that the pro-Israeli American Christians at RHP evidently have no empathy for
    Palestinian Christians and prefer to support Israeli Jewish settlers against them.
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 20:063 edits
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Much, but far from all, American support of Israel comes from evangelical Christians.

I note that the pro-Israeli American Christians at RHP evidently have no empathy for
    Palestinian Christians and prefer to support Israeli Jewish settlers against them.
    why do you turn EVERYTHING into an anti-white issue?

I've never met anyone with so much hatred for whites than you. Let it go lady.

And what makes you think i'm a white person anyway??? You are the assuminginust assumer ever to have assumed....😞
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 21:413 edits

And what makes you think i'm a white person anyway??? You are the assuminginust assumer ever to have assumed....😞
    Racist trolls here love to lie shamelessly about what I write and put words into my mouth.

Here's my complete post:
    "Much, but far from all, American support of Israel comes from evangelical Christians.
    Palestinian Christians and prefer to support Israeli Jewish settlers against them."
    --Duchess64

Contrary to what the nearly illiterate racist troll Uzless claims, I WROTE NOTHING ABOUT
    ANYONE BEING WHITE OR NON-WHITE. THE WORD 'WHITE' DOES NOT APPEAR IN MY POST.

Regarding 'pro-Israeli American Christians', most of them are white (most Americans are white),
    but many of them are not. Regarding 'pro-Israeli American Christians at RHP', they could
    be all white, but some of them prefer to pretend otherwise when they write about racial issues.

Regarding Palestinian Christians (enough of whom I have met), they vary in physical appearance.
    Some of them (with fair complexions) would likely be perceived as white in the USA.

Now it may be true that most Americans perceive Israeli Jews (even though most of them
    are Sephardic rather than Ashkenazi) as 'whiter' than the Palestinians (mostly Arabs).
    But I wrote nothing about that in my earlier post.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 23:01

It's not racism. Not even close. You have to be a Christian, and an evangelical at that, to understand why they support Israel. ...[text shortened]... n.com/2017/12/08/opinions/jerusalem-israel-evangelicals-end-times-butler-bass-opinion/index.html
    Having the most powerful nation on earth have its' foreign policy driven from the Bible
    would be like NASA having its' space program run off Aristotle's theories.
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    07 Apr '18 03:471 edit
    [i]Originally posted by @mghrn55 to uzless [i]
    Having the most powerful nation on earth have its' foreign policy driven from the Bible
    Evangelical Christians are a major constituency of the Republican Party.
    But the dekuded Uzless exaggerates their power and influence.
    If they were as powerful as he fantasizes, then abortion would be banned
    in every US state and Pat Robertson might have been elected as President.
    While he panders to evangelical Christians, Donald Trump never has
    been a devout Christian.

Uzkess also ignores the fact that Democratic Presidents, who are less
    beholden to evangelical Christian voters, also strongly support Israel.
    In the 2016 Presidential campaign, the candidate who seemed most
    critical of Israel was Bernie Sanders, a Jew.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    07 Apr '18 16:53
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Or like teaching Science using the Bible.
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '18 17:42
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Or like teaching Science using the Bible.
    Science is about asking questions.
    Religion is about pretending to have the answers.
  9. Joined
    15 Jul '10
    Moves
    07 Apr '18 20:52
    Originally posted by @duchess64

To hell with the Jews, and Their global agenda.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '18 21:35
    I read that the Stormfront website is in financial trouble. Perhaps this explains the reappearance of SERGEANTPMAIN?
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    07 Apr '18 22:01

She didn't say anything about white people in that post.
  12. Joined
    15 Jul '10
    Moves
    07 Apr '18 22:49
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    I read that the Stormfront website is in financial trouble. Perhaps this explains the reappearance of SERGEANTPMAIN?
    You don't know whether to scratch your watch or wind your ass, Piss off.
  13. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 02:30
    Originally posted by @sergeantpmain
    To hell with the Jews, and Their global agenda.
    There’s something awefully wrong about you. I can’t put my finger on it exactly, but there’s something...

Oh, I know... you’re a rancid fascist bastard with a retarded IQ and all the charm of a fart in a space suit.
  14. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 02:411 edit
    Originally posted by @sergeantpmain
    You don't know whether to scratch your watch or wind your ass, Piss off.
    May I suggest a tanning bed for you and your dear sister? You make a lovely couple.
  15. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 07:45
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    I'm not sure if you are joking here...You do realize there is a reason every politician says "god bless america"....

George W was a born again christian and those guys are about as evangelical as you can get.

When was the last time a US president was not Christian? In fact, you basically have to be a christian to run for office. Don't kid yourself that religion isn't the driving force behind much of what comes out of the US. Anyone older than say 40 remembers how it's only been in recent days where we've seen a somewhat move to real separation of church and state...but not much.