Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 08 Jun '17 13:12
    The title is sarcastic in case it's not obvious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE5o4JoyMkE

The piece focuses on drug test kits on one hand and how hilariously unreliable they are and yet they are still used to arrest people (wrongfully).

On the other hand it shows just how bad of an idea it is to be black and
    poor.

We have a white guy arrested for having a sock filled with kitty litter crystals (apparently it absorbs moisture in the car) which tested positive for meth. He got out the same day.

We have a black guy placed on the asphalt and handcuffed because he had a magazine about guns in his car. He was threatened with a 20 to life sentence (because of a white powder that tested positive for cocaine) if he didn't plead guilty. After he got out 2 years later, the lab result proved it wasn't cocaine but it took 5 more years before he was exonerated during which he couldn't get food stamps or other benefits denied to ex convicts.
  2. Subscriber karoly aczel
    Fortnite Kid
    08 Jun '17 22:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    The title is sarcastic in case it's not obvious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE5o4JoyMkE

The piece focuses on drug test kits on one hand and how hilariously unreliable they are and yet they are still used to arrest people (wrongfully).

On the other hand it shows just how bad of an idea it is to be black and
    poor.

We have a white guy arr ...[text shortened]... was exonerated during which he couldn't get food stamps or other benefits denied to ex convicts.
    Police profiling goes on everywhere. Police are fairly stupid.

When carrying ounces of weed around on your person I recommend a three piece suit and a haircut.
    I have been convicted some 8 times for marijuana possession. Actually a few of those was just for a pipe and nothing else. Convictions!
    I guess if police come and search me every couple of months or so over 2+ decades then they are going to turn up the odd roach from time to time.