Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 24 Nov '16 09:30
    I keep getting called a Libtard. What does it mean?
    If you believe I am a Libtard and you are not, please explain to me which part of 'Liberalism' you disagree with:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
  2. 24 Nov '16 10:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I keep getting called a Libtard. What does it mean?
    If you believe I am a Libtard and you are not, please explain to me which part of 'Liberalism' you disagree with:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
    it means whodey and eladar have run out of arguments
  3. 24 Nov '16 11:20 / 1 edit
    As Wiki points out, the root word "Liber" refers to freedom, therefore, the classical use of the term liberal refers to opposing the authoritarian nature of the state which gave rise to such events as the US and French Revolutions.

    However, the term liberal has been changed over time to include equality as wiki points out. This type of thinking stresses the need for an authoritarian state to implement equality throughout society. This means Big Brother is needed in every facet of society to ensure that everything is fair and even. It is a never ending quest in a losing battle for equality. No matter how big and authoritarian government becomes, they can never achieve their goals, which means there will always be those advocating for more and more government.

    Nothing can illustrate my point better than this famous C. S. Lewis quote,

    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

    In effect, you now have two opposing root meanings for the word liberal, one that opposes authoritarianism and one that embraces it.

    Which are you?
  4. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    24 Nov '16 12:31
    Thumbs up whodey!
  5. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    24 Nov '16 12:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    As Wiki points out, the root word "Liber" refers to freedom, therefore, the classical use of the term liberal refers to opposing the authoritarian nature of the state which gave rise to such events as the US and French Revolutions.

    However, the term liberal has been changed over time to include equality as wiki points out. This type of thinking stresses t ...[text shortened]... the word liberal, one that opposes authoritarianism and one that embraces it.

    Which are you?
    What utter baloney.

    This sounds like the same crap from the same minds who claim the left is more racist than the right.
  6. 24 Nov '16 13:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I keep getting called a Libtard. What does it mean?
    If you believe I am a Libtard and you are not, please explain to me which part of 'Liberalism' you disagree with:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
    I use it as the natural cobination of the words liberal and retard.

    To be a liberal one must be an idiot. As Michael Savage says liberalism is a mental disease.
  7. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    24 Nov '16 13:14
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I use it as the natural cobination of the words liberal and retard.

    To be a liberal one must be an idiot. As Michael Savage says liberalism is a mental disease.
    Notice that the word Retard was around long before dumb arse. lol
  8. 24 Nov '16 13:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What utter baloney.

    This sounds like the same crap from the same minds who claim the left is more racist than the right.
    Since you are a race baiter we wonder are you left or right? It seems like a toss up who is more of a racist, you or DC64.
  9. 24 Nov '16 13:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    In effect, you now have two opposing root meanings for the word liberal, one that opposes authoritarianism and one that embraces it.

    Which are you?
    Neither. Which are you?
  10. 24 Nov '16 13:58
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I use it as the natural cobination of the words liberal and retard.

    To be a liberal one must be an idiot. As Michael Savage says liberalism is a mental disease.
    So what is a liberal?
    And given that you are an idiot, why are you not also a liberal?
  11. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    24 Nov '16 14:07
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Since you are a race baiter we wonder are you left or right? It seems like a toss up who is more of a racist, you or DC64.
    Congratulations for writing one of the more ridiculous posts with outrageous claims this year.

    One wonders if you even understand what the word means.
  12. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    24 Nov '16 14:09
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I use it as the natural cobination of the words liberal and retard.

    To be a liberal one must be an idiot. As Michael Savage says liberalism is a mental disease.
    Ronnie "Teflon" Reagan got away with implying the same thing.

    Too bad all three of you are wrong.
  13. 24 Nov '16 14:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So what is a liberal?
    And given that you are an idiot, why are you not also a liberal?
    A liberal is a person who thinks that the power of government should be used to take money from those who work to give it to those who don't.

    They are idiots because they do not understand human nature.
  14. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    24 Nov '16 14:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What utter baloney.

    This sounds like the same crap from the same minds who claim the left is more racist than the right.
    What a scathing, insightful analysis!
    You were able to cut right through to expose the heart of the matter with an economy of words which reveal your genius.

    [slow clap]
  15. 24 Nov '16 15:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Congratulations for writing one of the more ridiculous posts with outrageous claims this year.

    One wonders if you even understand what the word means.
    Sounds like you have your panties in a bunch.