Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 13:54
    Can you imagine what the GOP will conjure after Hillary wins, especially considering what they conjured up after Obama won 2 terms?

Soon people will be longing for Trump.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 14:021 edit
    My guess is that this is the end of the GOP and a third party will arise. One scenario is that a more leftist party will arise and the democrats will then move right.
    Either way, wall street will continue to run the show. And why? Because the rich and powerful have successfully duped people like you into thinking that sabotaging good governance is a good thing. The more you fight against government, the more the actual people running the show get to do what they want behind the scenes.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 14:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    Can you imagine what the GOP will conjure after Hillary wins, especially considering what they conjured up after Obama won 2 terms?

In case you haven't seen the news lately, whodey, I'd certainly change the "when" to "if."

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 14:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My guess is that this is the end of the GOP and a third party will arise. One scenario is that a more leftist party will arise and the democrats will then move right.
    Either way, wall street will continue to run the show. And why? Because the rich and powerful have successfully duped people like you into thinking that sabotaging good governance is a good ...[text shortened]... ernment, the more the actual people running the show get to do what they want behind the scenes.
    Right, so politicians will divorce themselves from all the money on Wall Street once people like you rise up in mass and vote. 🙄
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 16:521 edit
    She won't. No one goes to any of Hillary's Rally's. Something is wrong if she wins. Like having Johnson in to take some of Trump's votes away.
  6. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 18:082 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    In case you haven't seen the news lately, whodey, I'd certainly change the "when" to "if."

I agree, this may be a very close one. A battle of flawed candidates, Trump's loony statements vs Hillary's baggage. If I were to predict, I'd still give an edge to Hillary, she isn't any more popular than Trump, but her better staffed ground game is worth at least 2-3 points in those swing states. (She'd better not get sick again though!)
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 18:16
    Originally posted by mchill
    I agree, this may be a very close one. A battle of flawed candidates, Trump's loony statements vs Hillary's baggage. If I were to predict, I'd still give an edge to Hillary, she isn't any more popular than Trump, but her better staffed ground game is worth at least 2-3 points in those swing states. (She'd better not get sick again though!)
    Flawed is a bit of an understatement. A pathological liar and know-little hothead versus someone who seems to believe that things like law and forthrightness are beneath someone of her entitlement.

Sad.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 19:06
    Right, so politicians will divorce themselves from all the money on Wall Street once people like you rise up in mass and vote. 🙄
    Stupid comments won't fix anything, that's for damn sure.
  9. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 19:12
    Flawed is a bit of an understatement. A pathological liar and know-little hothead versus someone who seems to believe that things like law and forthrightness are beneath someone of her entitlement.

Sad.
    Ha Ha....well, as Captain Picard of Star Trek once said "sometimes you just have to embrace the absurd" 😀
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 19:45

Sad.
    Both are hot heads and both are liars.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 20:20

The elites who run things from behind the scenes like to make sure the two major party candidates have nearly equal poll numbers. This is to discourage most people from voting for minor party candidates. It works well.

You didn't think this was an accident did you?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 21:59

Ummm, no. The GOP can go cry in their beer for all I care. We just need to vote the bastards out.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 22:021 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Either way, wall street will continue to run the show. And why? Because the rich and powerful have successfully duped people like you into thinking that sabotaging good governance is a good ...[text shortened]... ernment, the more the actual people running the show get to do what they want behind the scenes.
    What? No.

If anything, the Reps will edge further right until the Libertarians are embraced. They don't have to win the WH to cause some major damage and distraction. We just have to be vigilant and vote them out, instead of letting them use it as an excuse to go all Full-contact Ayn Rand on us.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 22:05
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    She won't. No one goes to any of Hillary's Rally's. Something is wrong if she wins. Like having Johnson in to take some of Trump's votes away.
    Did Donald tell you that?

You know, because you can't figure anything out without his 'help'.

Right. Authoritarianism. Yay.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '16 22:06

Sad.
    I thought it was: Sad!