a game with a cheater

a game with a cheater

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
10 Mar 04

A question.
I am currently involved in a game with e01osama, who (apparently) is a recognized cheater since his rating just dropped from the 1400-level to exactly 500.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=412188

The problem is that, although I'm winning the game, I no longer want to finish it, since my rating will unnecessarily plummet.
Is there a system in place so that the game can simply be cancelled, and thus not affect my rating at all? Or do I just have to bite the bullet?
Thanks for any assistance.

Lord Ivan

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
10 Mar 04

Originally posted by lordivan
A question.
I am currently involved in a game with e01osama, who (apparently) is a recognized cheater since his rating just dropped from the 1400-level to exactly 500.

The problem is that, although I'm winning the game, I no longer want to finish it, since my rating will unnecessarily plum ...[text shortened]... my rating at all? Or do I just have to bite the bullet?

Lord Ivan
Send Chrismo (admin) a PM. He'll advise you on the options

skeeter

l

Moves
10 Mar 04

Skeeter:

Thanks. Will do.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
11 Mar 04

Now try and figure this out...

"I am a boy . some is say to me a mad guy. Sometime I like to do that works..........Boom Boom........"

?

P-

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
11 Mar 04

A question.

The problem is that, although I'm winning the game, I no longer want to finish it, since my rating will unnecessarily plum ...[text shortened]... my rating at all? Or do I just have to bite the bullet?

Lord Ivan
If you win your rating will not plummet,but by all means,try to get rid of the game if you want.

T

Moves
11 Mar 04

Your rating could be badly effected if it is a provisional score. This is jet another case where the negative effect of cheaters continues beyond their own downfall.

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
11 Mar 04

Originally posted by Toe
Your rating could be badly effected if it is a provisional score. This is jet another case where the negative effect of cheaters continues beyond their own downfall.
How can it be badly affected when you win??😕

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
11 Mar 04

The problem is that, although I'm winning the game, I no longer want to finish it, since my rating will unnecessarily plummet.
i just lost a couple of big time plummetters.

the most you can drop is 32 points - it doesnt hurt that much, less than an injection or a filling.

and now my rating will, hopefully, joyfully climb back to where it should be.

(or did it just drop to where it should be?!)

T

Moves
11 Mar 04
1 edit

Originally posted by SirLoseALot
How can it be badly affected when you win??😕
From the FAQ:

Until you complete 20 games, you will have a provisional rating. This rating is calculated as the average of all the games you have played. Each game is scored as being your opponent's rating (for a draw), your opponent's rating plus 400 (for a win), or your opponent's rating minus 400 (for a loss). If your opponent is also on a provisional rating, then the 400s above become 200s. If your opponent has played fewer than five games then their rating is treated as 1200 when calculating your rating.

So if your opponent suddenly goes down to 500, then if you win, that would lower your average due to the '900' score in there.

R

London

Moves
11 Mar 04
1 edit

Lordivan, since you no longer have a 'p' rating, you will see a very small (possibly zero) boost to your rating if you win, lose up to 16 points if you draw or up to 32 points if you lose.

Since you only completed your 20th game a week or so ago, you may not have noticed that the 'normal' rating system has kicked in.

Now you've got a regular rating, why not invest in a nice star against your name?😀

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
11 Mar 04

Originally posted by Toe
From the FAQ:

Until you complete 20 games, you will have a provisional rating. This rating is calculated as the average of all the games you have played. Each game is scored as being your opponent's rating (for a draw), your opponent's rating plus 400 (for a win), or your opponent's rating minus 400 (for a loss). If your opponent is also on a provisional r ...[text shortened]... s down to 500, then if you win, that would lower your average due to the '900' score in there.
ah

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
12 Mar 04

a

Moves
12 Mar 04