1. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    09 Apr '04 15:53
    i know that rhp has about 1,00 subscribers....times 20...thats only $20,00 a year...obviously thats not gonna be anough since this is russ' job....so i was thinking if people could donate money to russ that may help financialy support him better
    just looking to help
    -todd
  2. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    09 Apr '04 16:21
    Originally posted by TDR1
    i know that rhp has about 1,00 subscribers....times 20...thats only $20,00 a year...obviously thats not gonna be anough since this is russ' job....so i was thinking if people could donate money to russ that may help financialy support him better
    just looking to help
    -todd
    sounds a good idea if i was rich enough to do that....but maybe he could add some kind of extra feature that you have to pay a little more for?
  3. Amsterdam
    Moves
    09 Apr '04 16:40
    You are right and there should be a donate function, but RHP has about 1 thousand subscribers, Russ stated that a few weeks ago.

That doesn't mean 20 thousand Dollars a year though, as most of the subs are paying 15 of those green ones a year... 😏

Olav
  4. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    09 Apr '04 17:55
    o yeh i forgot that the people were still paying 15 and can for howevr long they subscribged for...well thats all the more reason to have the donate function
  5. Standard memberplayer42
    Happy Hour Hero.
    Albuquerque, NM
    Moves
    10 Apr '04 17:16
    I think I should have a DONATE button, too. I make less than $20 a year... (kidding)
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Apr '04 12:542 edits
    I was a little cautious about publishing those figures - and I was quietly pleased the thread dropped quickly. But as it has been brought up again, I shall comment.

I do have some way to go to make this work fulltime. Our costs grow as user numbers grow too - I don't want to go into details, but we started this service on a $199 a month machine, and I can tell you, we now have 2 (way bigger) servers that cost many times that now...

But, given time, if people continue to support the site, we will get there.

Regarding donations, no one should feel obliged to do this.

-Russ

BTW : Don't read the above thinking the site is in financial difficulty - nothing will kill this site short of everyone terminating their subscriptions at the same time!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree