A simple request

A simple request

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

Chapel Hill, NC

Moves
29 Jan 03

Quick request,

When the site goes down for maintenance, could you log everyone out? I do a lot of my playing in short intervals at public computers, and as it stands when the site goes down I have to wait around for RHP to come back up, so that my account doesn't get left open.

In general, some sort of timeout for accounts is necessary, so that they don't stay open on public computers indefinitely. Maybe it could be made optional for those that only play at home and don't want to have to log in again.

Moves
30 Jan 03

I'm not an expert by any means, but if you delete cookies, this for some wierd reason means that you're no longer logged in.
On my pc at home (when the site is down) if I turn off, then switch on, RHP 'welcomes me back".
If I've deleted cookies and cleared history then it seems somehow to log me out.
On the odd occasion I've used an internet cafe I've always been able to delete cookies and clear history.
Hope this may help.

Martin

t

Moves
30 Jan 03

Originally posted by MartinS
I'm not an expert by any means, but if you delete cookies, this for some wierd reason means that you're no longer logged in.
On my pc at home (when the site is down) if I turn off, then switch on, RHP 'welcomes me back".
If I've deleted cookies and cleared history then it seems somehow to log me out.
On the odd occasion I've used an internet cafe I've always been able to delete cookies and clear history.
Hope this may help.

Martin
Martin
You are correct, deleting your cookies or making them valid for only one session will log you out of RHP & internet mail sites.

-mike

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
31 Jan 03

Originally posted by trekkie
Martin
You are correct, deleting your cookies or making them valid for only one session will log you out of RHP & internet mail sites.

-mike
@russ
an "official" hint to this fact could help...😉